ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans

Rupp was more powerful than the Governor before college basketball integrated. He could have easily had Black players before the 70s but he just went along with everyone else.
NBA HOF Wes Unseld wanted to go to uofk in 66' and was turned down.

Epic fail.

https://pressprosmagazine.com/hoard-the-great-wes-unseld-owning-his-own-ground/

Well,” Dromo continued, “I’m tucked back in the kitchen and out of sight when Adolph rolls up and comes through the front door. He says, “Wes, I want you to be the first black basketball player at the University of Kentucky.

“Wes is sitting one the couch. His family is all around him. He doesn’t say anything for a moment and Adolph is waiting, thinking, ‘How can he turn this down?’ At least, that was my interpretation.

“Wes says, ‘Coach Rupp, I don’t want to be your first black player. I just want to be a basketball player.’

Maybe? I don't know. And you don't either. You don't know what it's about. If it's illegal, suspend him. If Cal knew, fire him. It's really that simple. I don't make excuses for my team like UL and UNC fans do.

Coaches don't need to be fired for this.

You're only saying that because you know it's very unlikely to be proven anyway.

Coaches don't need to be fired for this.

You're only saying that because you know it's very unlikely to be proven anyway.

No I'm not. If Cal is ever found guilty of anything that could damage this program I'd want him gone. Immediately.

Correct. Rupp made MANY racist comments & Rex left UK because he was told that he couldn’t date black females.
Why is this still an issue with you?
Apparently you don't understand how proper english works.

You do you.

23-15. Enjoy your success. Unc is the only school, and for the record, I'm talking about all schools.
Why are you so defensive? This year getting to ya?
I’m not getting defensive. I was going to have a civil discussion.
Are you saying UNC is the only program to have a winning record vs UK?
Is that true?

Does anyone ITT care at all they are canceling the tournaments? I mean I know UNC fans don’t but still, weird thread to keep alive like this.
It just crushed my soul. It's just a matter of time before they cancel the NCAAT. Huge bummer.

I’m not getting defensive. I was going to have a civil discussion.
Are you saying UNC is the only program to have a winning record vs UK?
Is that true?
You be you. Read my original post and its context. Try harder to derail every post that upsets you.
Quit being obtuse
I see why everyone here laughs at you.

Reactions: kyjeff1
That’s what you and every other UNC fan is hoping for.
The NCAA was quick to suspend classes but not a sports tournament?
If 3 UK players told Cal that they weren’t comfortable playing & wanted to sit out, would you support their decision?

The NCAA was quick to suspend classes but not a sports tournament?
If 3 UK players told Cal that they weren’t comfortable playing & wanted to sit out, would you support their decision?
Wait, wait, wait, wait, the NCAA suspended classes at UNC?

I thought UNC did that back in the early 90's.

Sound like you’re still pissed that UNC was cleared.
I really don't care. Haha. We all look at UNC as a school that cheated and got off on a technicality. I mean, that is the worst scandal in the history of college athletics and a whole lot of wins and 3 titles are tainted.

UL lost two seasons, two final fours and a title for something that gave them no advantage, but UNC got off after putting a system in place that gave them a huge advantage.

We know you're proud of it, you're probably proud of that fake life you created last year too, but you obviously don’t realize how bad you and your favorite university appear to everyone else.

You can talk about UK getting slapped back in the 40's and in the late 80's, but at least UK served its punishments. Somehow, UK still leads in all time wins and UNC couldn’t catch UK even after they cheated for 20 years.

I'm not mad, I'm laughing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT