ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 NCAA Tournament Thread***

And to think Oakland U had the ball with a chance to win in a tied game end of regulation v NC St

Man, imagine first losing to Carolina in Ks last game in the final 4. That’s a death knell.

However, in attempt to maintain some pride, Duke fights on. And now NC State of all teams takes them out in a chance to make the final 4 in the first real shot since. That IS the death knell.

90% of their fanbase in North Carolina is about to switch their allegiance back to State, bringing us full circle to 1983.

A certain poster on this page ITT will be one of the first to go back to the Pack titty. It’s only right- he will truly then be with his people.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Man, imagine first losing to Carolina in Ks last game in the final 4. That’s a death knell.

However, in attempt to maintain some pride, Duke fights on. And now NC State of all teams takes them out in a chance to make the final 4 in the first real shot since. That IS the death knell.

90% of their fanbase in North Carolina is about to switch their allegiance back to State, bringing us full circle to 1983.

A certain poster on this page ITT will be one of the first to go back to the Pack titty. It’s only right- he will truly then be with his people.

Did a bunch of NC State fans actually bandwagon Duke?

Could you be a little less vague? Who we talking about?

You're doing too much here. Just enjoy rooting for who unc fans always claimed to be their true rival. We can both have beers and know that our teams sucked when it mattered.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You're doing too much here. Just enjoy rooting for who unc fans always claimed to be their true rival. We can both have beers and know that our teams sucked when it mattered.

I’m not talking about you. And don’t be mad at me for spittin truth, because if you are a lifelong Duke fan from NC, then you remember them all migrating over in the late 80s

Freaking Oakland gave NCST their toughest game. Unreal.
I Hate You GIF by Travis

I’m not talking about you. And don’t be mad at me for spittin truth, because if you are a lifelong Duke fan from NC, then you remember them all migrating over in the late 80s
So lots of college basketball fans in North Carolina are bandwagoners? Makes sense.

A lot of state fans I knew had kids who chose Duke at a younger age once state became less relevant. Their fandom definitely blew up in the late 80s and early 90s and states shrunk.

If that's true, we're talking about 35+ years ago. And I am not mad at you. Just saying you're doing too much. I know exactly zero Duke fans who used to be state fans. Not that they don't exist, just that it isn't the epidemic that you claim it is.

A lot of state fans I knew had kids who chose Duke at a younger age once state became less relevant. Their fandom definitely blew up in the late 80s and early 90s and states shrunk.
I can see this being what happened before I can see it being that state fans just became Duke fans. I have family in Hillsborough who have been state fans their whole lives. My immediate family are unc fans. I started being a Duke fan in the late 80's after escaping the indoctrination of the unc cult. I grew up in the minority, even when I lived in Durham.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT