ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 NFL thread

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Dress rehearsal game for the Panthers last night and more of the same. Cam running for his life, ends up getting hurt. Not a good start after coming off shoulder surgery

You just never know how serious his injuries are. His reactions are always the same. Whether he stubs a toe or tears an ACL, it will be the same overdramatic reaction.

From what I have seen from the 49ers, we are going to be a turnover machine. No one can hold onto the ball and Jimmy 7 game G has thrown 5 or more INTs in multiple scrimmages. Looked horrible in two drives the other night. Hopefully the defense has some improvement because I have little hope in the offense. 6-10 would be my bet for them. That may be generous.

Chiefs should be pretty damn good. Better overall than last year, I think. Offense lost nothing and gained even more speed. Reports say that Mahomes has even taken a step forward.

Defense has a lot to prove. I expect it to be better, but to what degree? I think they made huge upgrades to the staff and upgraded talent, especially at safety. Linebackers are suspect and corners are decent, but not quite at the level you want in the pass-happy modern NFL. D-line should be good.

Last edited:
*Warning homer post coming*

Such a damn beast

Holy shit. Andrew Luck retiring from the NFL

It’s nice knowing someone will suck worse than my bungles. We have lost our first round draft pick for the yr, green for at least the first few games, and gave Bobby fart 19 million. The guy was so bad he was cut by the giants and gave up 10 sacks last yr. mike brown is the coach k of the nfl. Neither will go away but one is a winner the other doesn’t care to win as long as he’s making money at 96 years old

Such a damn beast

It’s nice knowing someone will suck worse than my bungles. We have lost our first round draft pick for the yr, green for at least the first few games, and gave Bobby fart 19 million. The guy was so bad he was cut by the giants and gave up 10 sacks last yr. mike brown is the coach k of the nfl. Neither will go away but one is a winner the other doesn’t care to win as long as he’s making money at 96 years old
No kidding. The colts might be in the running for the number one pick. I will be really pissed off if they somehow get Trevor Lawrence in the 21 draft. Peyton, Luck, and then that kid back to back to back? How lucky can you get.

No kidding. The colts might be in the running for the number one pick. I will be really pissed off if they somehow get Trevor Lawrence in the 21 draft. Peyton, Luck, and then that kid back to back to back? How lucky can you get.

Sounds like that’s the plan actually.

Some are saying that Luck had the Colts’ blessing, and that he’s been considering this for a year or two.

Sounds like that’s the plan actually.

Some are saying that Luck had the Colts’ blessing, and that he’s been considering this for a year or two.
Yea, I saw they aren’t making him pay back up to 20+ million that he owes them. Classy move on their part. Hope Luck finds closure and has a great life after football

Yea, I saw they aren’t making him pay back up to 20+ million that he owes them. Classy move on their part. Hope Luck finds closure and has a great life after football
Shit man. 29 years old and a millionaire 100× over. He'll be alright. A few years of surgery and recovery and he is going to be living the life.

Reactions: JimboBBN
This. I don't think people realize the toll the game takes on these guys. Plus, any athlete worth his salt, wants to be at his best. Look, if you ain't 95-100%, you can be an effective player, especially a QB, in the NFL. Plus, you risk injuring yourself beyond repair. I think this will become the norm, where NFL guys start to retire at an early age.

There's no " might to it". Colts will.suck.ass.

Need to suck ass for the next 2 years. Get the best player you can this next draft. Then suck again and get Trevor Lawrence.
Lawrence will be draft eligible after this year, right? I know he's just soph, but for some reason i was thinking he was a RS, ...THUS making him.eligible? Or is it age? To be honest, I don't know.

Nah. They aren't a viable SB contender, but with that defense and some solid skill guys, Brissett can get them into the 7-to-9 win range.
That's sucking ass...You sure you ain't an IU fan?
7 wins to me is the ceiling. I don't see them getting there, though.

Being a potential playoff team is "sucking ass?"
It can be. AFC South hasn't exactly.been murders row. Somebody from that division has to make the playoffs. I mean when you are 7-9, 8-8, or wahtever...And 5 or so of those wins are via Houston, Tenn or Jax...I mean, c'mon . Indy dominated that division when it fisrt formed (2002). Not so much lately. It's just not a good division.

Lawrence will be draft eligible after this year, right? I know he's just soph, but for some reason i was thinking he was a RS, ...THUS making him.eligible? Or is it age? To be honest, I don't know.
No he was true frosh last year. He will be in the 2020 draft class. Colts need to draft the best available O Lineman in the 2019 draft and then tank for Lawrence in 2020. Let Brissett take the reigns next couple years.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Thanks, again. I don't really follow the NFL, outside of Indy, and the AFC South.
The Panther fans are already whispering about it after this Cam Newton injury. Start the tank process for Lawrence. The way Cam plays I could see him starting to breakdown at 30-31 because of all the hits from running.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Need to suck ass for the next 2 years. Get the best player you can this next draft. Then suck again and get Trevor Lawrence.

Didn’t the Colts have a ton of cap space but barely used any of it?

I think they saw this coming.

Just had a conversation about this. I think he is. This kid is special. Like, Manning/Brees special. I know it’s early, but he’s that good.
Yes. Very poised. Doesn't get rattled. For a freshman, he really checks down his receivers like he's a senior. This kid is going to be really good.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Didn’t the Colts have a ton of cap space but barely used any of it?

I think they saw this coming.
Yes, they did. And I agtee. From what I've heard , this just isn't some overnight thing. It's been talked about for quite some time. But look, you ain't just gonna find another Andrew Luck. Dude was a special talemt. When healthy, he was as good as there was in the league.

The Panther fans are already whispering about it after this Cam Newton injury. Start the tank process for Lawrence. The way Cam plays I could see him starting to breakdown at 30-31 because of all the hits from running.
Cam is talented. I've just never thought he was a guy that you could lean on. His "engine" just doesn't seem great to me.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Just **** the Colts. I probably won't watch a gamr, now. We're liable to go 0-16..

The colts were like 12-1 odds at winning the superbowl. I know qb is the most important position but it’s still a decent roster that will probably manage to win 5-7 games. The Cincinnati Bengals already have a head start at tanking for Trevor.

The colts were like 12-1 odds at winning the superbowl. I know qb is the most important position but it’s still a decent roster that will probably manage to win 5-7 games. The Cincinnati Bengals already have a head start at tanking for Trevor.
Agree. And who knows..AFC South is normally awful. Hell 8 wins might win that division. A little hyperbole on my part , BUT.....An injury to back-up, and oh boy ..

Not sure that Lawrence will be worth tanking two years though.
He is already as good as Jameis Winston was when he was the #1 pick as a Jr. Except he is 2 years younger and considered the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. If he just makes incremental improvements each of next 2 years he is #1 pick.

Last edited:
He is already as good as at least as Jameis Winston was when he was the #1 pick as a Jr. Except he is 2 years younger and considered the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. If he just makes incremental improvements each of next 2 years he is #1 pick.

Luck is a good example of why I wouldn't do it. There are no guarantees in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT