ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 NFL thread

There are no guarantees in anything. #1 pick could get hit by a car walking in the city he plays in.

So why tank two seasons?

I remember "Suck for Luck" mania, and as solid as he was, what do they have to show for it? I think he was 4-4 in the playoffs.

For me to be on board with throwing away two years, the prospect better have the arm talent of Mahomes, the legs of Vick, and the mind of Manning.

So why tank two seasons?

I remember "Suck for Luck" mania, and as solid as he was, what do they have to show for it? I think he was 4-4 in the playoffs.

For me to be on board with throwing away two years, the prospect better have the arm talent of Mahomes, the legs of Vick, and the mind of Manning.
Draft the best player available or draft the best O Linemen available to prepare for the franchise QB. You know the thing they lacked that put them in the position of getting Luck hurt so bad that he decided to retire.

That's a bit dark.
Not really. Roberto Clemente died in a plane crash doing humanitarian at his peak. The world is full of dark moments that happen to good people. Andrew Luck not being protected as well as he should of been , isn't a good reason to not draft a franchise QB that is a generational prospect. As @MrBaracus stated.

So why tank two seasons?

Luck wasn t 4-4, or whatever he was in the playoffs, because he wasn t good enough. Getting him, i.e, "Suck for luck", was worth it. They got what they bargain for. Problem was, and is, and seemingly always will be, the Colts front office cannot build. With Luck, they couldn't block for him. OL was turrible...Dude was a 4-time Pro-Bowler. Come back POY. Let's be real. He retired because he was tired of getting sacked 4 million times.

ADVERTISEMENT