ADVERTISEMENT

Would Unc be left out with Clemson resume….

Clemson had 2 Quad 3 losses and 2 Quad Quad 4 losses (most notably to Louisville) That's ultimately where they dug their own grave.

Still, they should have been higher on the committee's list than UNC. Clemson was 4-4 in Q1 games and 7-6 in combined Q1/Q2 games, whereas UNC was 1-9 in Q1 games and a combined 7-13 in Q1/2 games.

The bigger question mark in my mind, though, is why was NC State in and not Clemson? Clemson defeated NC State 3 times by double-digits. They beat them by a combined 51 points in the last two games. Further, NC State only was only 1-6 in Q1 games and they only had 3 wins over tournament teams. 3! Clemson had 6 wins over tournament teams.

Clemson had 2 Quad 3 losses and 2 Quad Quad 4 losses (most notably to Louisville) That's ultimately where they dug their own grave.

Still, they should have been higher on the committee's list than UNC. Clemson was 4-4 in Q1 games and 7-6 in combined Q1/Q2 games, whereas UNC was 1-9 in Q1 games and a combined 7-13 in Q1/2 games.

The bigger question mark in my mind, though, is why was NC State in and not Clemson? Clemson defeated NC State 3 times by double-digits. They beat them by a combined 51 points in the last two games. Further, NC State only was only 1-6 in Q1 games and they only had 3 wins over tournament teams. 3! Clemson had 6 wins over tournament teams.
My question was if unc had the Clemson resume this year would they have been in? No way a 23 win unc team doesn’t get in. Yes nc state over Clemson is mind boggling

Reactions: PawPlanner

One cannot gloss over the three horrible losses Clemson had to Loyola-Chicago, Louisville and South Carolina. NC State was 15-0 against Quad 3 and Quad 4 teams. So the people with tunnel vision look at the three head-to-head wins that Clemson had over NC State, while completely ignoring the entire body of work that resulted in Clemson being ranked 60th in the NET ratings and 64th in the KenPom ratings.

Reactions: ncrebel574
I think we all no the answer here. Clemson got screwed.

I’m ok with Clemson getting left out in isolation. But it’s laughable that nc state got in over clemson. Clemson beat that ass 3 times. All of the things the committee supposedly values tilt clemsons way yet nc state is in?

Reactions: Dackel
I’m ok with Clemson getting left out in isolation. But it’s laughable that nc state got in over clemson. Clemson beat that ass 3 times. All of the things the committee supposedly values tilt clemsons way yet nc state is in?

"All of the things the committee supposedly values tilt Clemsons way."

Well, except for the NET rankings, which has NC State 45th and Clemson 60th. And except for the S-Curve strength of record, which has NC State 41st and Clemson 58th. And except for "bad" losses to Quad 3 and Quad 4 teams, which Clemson has 4 and NC State has zero.

Head to head is what the committee resorts to with all other things being equal. But they are not. These two teams played 60 other games, and the entire body of work is what put NC State in over Clemson.

Reactions: ncrebel574
ADVERTISEMENT