ADVERTISEMENT

Okay serious discussion who gets the 4th 1 seed?...

ABVolsFan92

Gold Member
May 31, 2012
We know Purdue, UConn, and either Houston/Kansas gets 3 of the 1's. The contenders for the final spot seem to be Tennessee, Arizona, UNC and then Auburn quietly lurking in the shadows. Arizona has the easiest schedule remaining but none of those wins will bolster their resume. Tar Heels probably win the ACC but does that mean much. I also don't think it's as simple as the SEC winner getting it either, Bama could easily win the conference and not be in contention. Other dark horses maybe Marquette and Illinois

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
How could Auburn be in contention for a 1 right now?
That Bama win really put them in contention. They are probably a 3 now but they have the kind of remaining schedule that I think could put them over the top. Check out Teamrankings.com prediction

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
We know Purdue, UConn, and either Houston/Kansas gets 3 of the 1's. The contenders for the final spot seem to be Tennessee, Arizona, UNC and then Auburn quietly lurking in the shadows. Arizona has the easiest schedule remaining but none of those wins will bolster their resume. Tar Heels probably win the ACC but does that mean much. I also don't think it's as simple as the SEC winner getting it either, Bama could easily win the conference and not be in contention. Other dark horses maybe Marquette and Illinois
You seem to be razor focused on this, but it is way too early. Any of the top 4 teams are only a bad game or two from changing the landscape completely.

I think UT would be the 4th seed today, but we have plenty of time to screw things up for ourselves.

The only thing for certain is uncertainty.

Reactions: GhostVol
You seem to be razor focused on this, but it is way too early. Any of the top 4 teams are only a bad game or two from changing the landscape completely.

I think UT would be the 4th seed today, but we have plenty of time to screw things up for ourselves.

The only thing for certain is uncertainty.
we really need to beat Texas A&M saturday IMO that is a must win with how the schedule is shaping up

Reactions: GhostVol
Whoever gets the 4th 1 seed will have the toughest bracket to get through.

Reactions: della
Okay so now we are looking more like a 2 seed. we desperately need to beat Arky tomorrow night can't take a quad 3 loss right now if we want to stay above the 3 line

Here’s a hint:

ezgif-5-4807a2ac9e.gif.698b5128ac207d422ae9ccf0c1578c4e.gif

@RipThru , enjoy!!!

Right now it's pretty simple... and it's actually geographically convenient for all 4 teams.

East (Boston): UConn
Midwest (Detroit): Purdue
South (Dallas): Houston
West (Los Angeles): Arizona

There are other factors to consider, but looking at the Q1 records, and there's a clear separation between the projected 1 and 2 seeds.

Projected 1 Seeds (Quad 1 Record)
Purdue, 8-2
UConn, 8-2
Houston, 8-3
Arizona, 7-3

Projected 2 Seeds (Quad 1 Record)
Tennessee, 4-5
Kansas, 5-4
UNC, 6-4
Marquette, 6-4

Right now it's pretty simple... and it's actually geographically convenient for all 4 teams.

East (Boston): UConn
Midwest (Detroit): Purdue
South (Dallas): Houston
West (Los Angeles): Arizona

There are other factors to consider, but looking at the Q1 records, and there's a clear separation between the projected 1 and 2 seeds.

Projected 1 Seeds (Quad 1 Record)
Purdue, 8-2
UConn, 8-2
Houston, 8-3
Arizona, 7-3

Projected 2 Seeds (Quad 1 Record)
Tennessee, 4-5
Kansas, 5-4
UNC, 6-4
Marquette, 6-4
It looks like 3 of those projected 2 seeds, don't want to be 2 seeds.

Reactions: Deepelm
It looks like 3 of those projected 2 seeds, don't want to be 2 seeds.

I don't think any of the 2s have fallen from their current seed line just yet. The 3 seeds aren't overly impressive. Iowa State is the only one that jumps out at me where I might think, "Yeah, they look like they could be a 2 seed."

Whoever wins the SEC is likely to earn a 2 seed, though. Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn... maybe even SC if they keep winning.

I don't think any of the 2s have fallen from their current seed line just yet. The 3 seeds aren't overly impressive. Iowa State is the only one that jumps out at me where I might think, "Yeah, they look like they could be a 2 seed."

Whoever wins the SEC is likely to earn a 2 seed, though. Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn... maybe even SC if they keep winning.
we have 4 quad 1 oppurtunities in our last 4 games. if we don't shit our pants in our next 4 games we are going to have every oppurtunity to steal the 1 seed from Arizona

I wouldn't even be surprised if Iowa St wins the league and enters the 1 seed conversation. They're pretty solid.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I wouldn't even be surprised if Iowa St wins the league and enters the 1 seed conversation. They're pretty solid.

Agreed. If they win the Big 12, which is a very real possibility, they have to be in the conversation for a 1 seed. I always say that the teams with the best backcourts win in March - and Iowa State has one of the best backcourts in America with Tamin Lipsey and Keshon Gilbert.

Agreed. If they win the Big 12, which is a very real possibility, they have to be in the conversation for a 1 seed. I always say that the teams with the best backcourts win in March - and Iowa State has one of the best backcourts in America with Tamin Lipsey and Keshon Gilbert.

Speaking of elite backcourts, try New Mexico. Jaelen House and Jamal Mashburn have both been all-conference performers. But, their best player this year is Donovan Dent, who I believe will play in the NBA. That's got to be one of the top 10 backcourt trios in America. Then you throw in two elite-level rebounders & shot-blockers in JT Toppin and Nelly Joseph? Sheesh. That would be a tough opponent to face in the tournament. Right now they're projected as a 9 seed. That's one 9-seed that I'd be worried about facing in the Round of 32. Jus' saying.

I think the SEC will end up with 2 2 seeds and a 3 seed. Tennessee and Bama as 2's Bama SEC champions and Auburn as a 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT