ADVERTISEMENT

Which Rivalry Is the Most Contentious Between Fans?

I mean, it isn't really a 'gentleman's rivalry' just because people speak to each other.
We all speak to each other here and everywhere. There's nothing wrong with having a love hate relationship with your rival. Some have more hate.

There's nothing wrong with a gentleman's rivalry. I just don't see it put in "most contentious".

We all speak to each other here and everywhere. There's nothing wrong with having a love hate relationship with your rival. Some have more hate.

There's nothing wrong with a gentleman's rivalry. I just don't see it put in "most contentious".

Right, I sort of agree. There is plenty of hate but that is why I put Auburn and Alabama as most contentious and UNC and Duke as the best. UK and Louisville is a really good mix of both to me.

I believe it was posted that only UNC/Dook fans root for each other.
Just proving that UK fans root for UL & start threads doing so.
Is that a gentleman’s rivalry????

Reactions: j-doolsheels
Haha. UK brings some UNC and Duke fans together. Posters on this board had admitted to such.

You are living in five years ago. Just a month or so ago I asked on the Duke forum who you pull for, UK or UNC, and roughly 90 percent of Duke fans said they favor UK. (A bunch of zero post UNC trolls also voted, which made the final tally 80% UNC, but they don’t count.)

Outsiders REALLY don’t get how the UNC scandal has fundamentally changed the rivalry for Duke fans. It USED to be a bit more civil, two sides of the same coin sort of thing. It isn’t that anymore.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Duke-UNC isnt anywhere as close to nasty or hateful as UK-UofL. Ive had 8 yr old kids spit at me and hobos try to fight leaving the Chicken Bucket after a UK win.

The only reason Duke-UNC gets more hullabaloo is because they are consistently amongst the best in the nation, so it has a bigger impact. Its not our fault UofL is a slacker, just another reason they suck. We do our part. However, doesn't mean Duke/UNC is more hateful, it isnt close on that front.

You're a die hard UNC fan right?

Who are your rooting for on Nov 6 between Duke and UK? Be honest.
It’s really flattering that you value my opinion so much. We’ve literally been over this 5 times.
The only time I will ever root for Dook is when they play UK.
If I lived in N.C. I’d feel different.

What about the multiple UK fans rooting for UL over Dook in the link I provided... you just going to ignore that?

It’s really flattering that you value my opinion so much. We’ve literally been over this 5 times.
If I lived in N.C. I’d feel different.

What about the multiple UK fans rooting for UL over Dook in the link I provided... you just going to ignore that?
So Duke. Gotcha.

I don't root for UL so yeah, it's irrelevant.

Reactions: catman111
If these girls wanted to make a sandwich with you providing the meat (and the sauce Laughing) do you accept the horny offer/pleas?

costello_twins.jpg

If these girls wanted to make a sandwich with you providing the meat (and the sauce Laughing) do you accept the offer/pleas?

costello_twins.jpg

I went to HS with them and was friends with their brother Tao. Dated Julie in the 8th grade. Nothing came of it. Only way to tell them apart is one has a small mole on her face.

They also were on The Man Show and Dumb and Dumberer.

If these girls wanted to make a sandwich with you providing the meat (and the sauce Laughing) do you accept the horny offer/pleas?

costello_twins.jpg
In a minute. I met Kindly Myers last summer at a barbecue. Without a doubt, one of the hottest females I’ve ever talked to.
My son went to UK’s baseball camp this summer.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Depends how you look at it. UNC-Duke play up to 3 or 4 times a year. Some might say that amplifies the rivalry, some might say it waters it down. If you only get 1 (2 max) shot at your rival every year I think there's more fanfare that comes with that.
I agree with this notion, we get one chance in December to prove who’s better that night, we were spoiled in 2012 and 2014.

Just guessing. Your son playing at UK baseball.
Not that soon. He’s only in the 8th grade. He works out in the winter 3 former UL players & they’re in his ear big time.
UK is just the 1st D1 school to show him any interest. He also got invited to PITT fall camp but he had tournaments those two weekends.

UK fans pulled for UL against Duke on this board the last year and/or the year before. Talking shit on a message board doesn't equal biggest rivalry, obviously. I've never rooted for UNC to win a game but I'm cordial to most of them as long as they aren't douchebags. Having a shittier class of fans doesn't make your rivalry great.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UK fans pulled for UL against Duke on this board the last year and/or the year before. Talking shit on a message board doesn't equal biggest rivalry, obviously. I've never rooted for UNC to win a game but I'm cordial to most of them as long as they aren't douchebags. Having a shittier class of fans doesn't make your rivalry great.
I'm sure UNC fans agree with you.

No doubt D&D message boards are more brutal with UNC and Duke fans than college basketball boards. Being they're so close, I bet they meet up to play.

For UNC/Duke to be - according to ESPN - CBBs biggest rivalry, I don't see a lot of heated discussion between UNC/Duke fans, but there is plenty between UK/UofL. Which of any of CBBs rivalries would get your vote?

I'm going with UK/UofL as no respect/disdain among fans.
Do you see how the bold could really just mean that b/c you're not a Duke or UNC fan, you don't get involved in those heated discussions? Somewhere out there, St. Olaf and Carleton fans think their rivalry is the most contentious in all the world.

So does KU?MU not get any love because MU left the conference? I have been to many of these contests and there is absolutely no love for each other. Had MU fans cuss at my kids.....seen KU fans going at MU fans.....Seen batteries thrown, tires slashed.....These two schools absolutely despise one another. I would root for the plague before I rooted for MU. Hell I'd probably root for hitler before i rooted for MU (actually no probably).

and of course...if you bring up Hitler and MU...obligatory

Do you see how the bold could really just mean that b/c you're not a Duke or UNC fan, you don't get involved in those heated discussions? Somewhere out there, St. Olaf and Carleton fans think their rivalry is the most contentious in all the world.
Absolutely, and those rascals are welcome to nominate themselves here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT