ADVERTISEMENT

Which fanbase is the most knowledgeable of CBB?

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
I suppose this is a Blueblood question, but some of those B1G fans seem pretty knowledgeable too. Which fanbase is it?

I imagine it would be from one of the schools that stresses academics?

The thread should be titled "Which Fan Base is the Second Most Knowledgeable of CBB"?

OP you still have time to correct your error. You have three minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Necessary Roughness
The thread should be titled "Which Fan Base is the Second Most Knowledgeable of CBB"?

OP you still have time to correct your error. You have three minutes.
I am very close to one ACC fan and I know you have to have all your bases covered if you're going to argue with him.

I love reading the B1G thread. I have become a fan, y'all are funny and not in a dumb way.
We've got a few I wish would go away but most Purdue fans who post in the B1G thread don't get too serious about this shit. It's just a game.

Reactions: della
I am very close to one ACC fan and I know you have to have all your bases covered if you're going to argue with him.

But you said "fan base" as multiple.

Either way I'd wager the most knowledgeable individual college basketball fan in America is also a Kentucky fan. His name is Jon Scott. Oscar Combs is probably as knowledgeable as any individual as well.

But you said "fan base" as multiple.

Either way I'd wager the most knowledgeable individual college basketball fan in America is also a Kentucky fan. His name is Jon Scott. Oscar Combs is probably as knowledgeable as any individual as well.
I don't know these people, so I really can't comment on that.

Not I. I love the game but my knowledge only goes back to around 98. And has some gaps due to my team being the total Suck at times.

Reactions: della
Hmmm…good question. Definitely can’t be Iowa. This much I know. You dudes are so bad, the team you bandwagon immediately goes to shit and loses to a school no one’s ever heard of. 😆

I told you. Let's not have to go through this again

On here, or overall? On here we have a lot of folks who know the game very well...If we are talking X and O's---I dunno. I enjoy quite a few posters takes in this area....History of the game? Again, quite a few. TBH this board is really knowledgeable....There are a few that are just dumb as ****---but no reasonto point them out---They know.

Edit: Overall,though? In my experience of officiating, meeting fans, etc....Now keep in my mind, I have never worked a major P5 game....So keep that in my mind with my answer...

Its Purdue.

JK. Although they are "farleigh" close.

Kentucky fans definitely aren’t close to being the most knowledgeable, I’ve been told by several of them that they couldn’t name any players on their biggest rivals roster other than Ellis.

…..but in their defense, they apparently know everything about officiating.

…..but in their defense, they apparently know everything about officiating.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
On here, or overall? On here we have a lot of folks who know the game very well...If we are talking X and O's---I dunno. I enjoy quite a few posters takes in this area....History of the game? Again, quite a few. TBH this board is really knowledgeable....There are a few that are just dumb as ****---but no reasonto point them out---They know.

Edit: Overall,though? In my experience of officiating, meeting fans, etc....Now keep in my mind, I have never worked a major P5 game....So keep that in my mind with my answer...

Its Purdue.

JK. Although they are "farleigh" close.
You got to like the Purdue fans.

A schools success does not translate to knowledgable fanbase.

The question is kinda silly.

There are smart posters, not fanbases.

A schools success does not translate to knowledgable fanbase.

The question is kinda silly.

There are smart posters, not fanbases.
How is the question silly? Take Duke and UNC, they are pretty selective schools, so the people that get in and graduate are usually pretty smart. I imagine that if you're a Duke or UNC grad, you probably support the school you graduated from.

Kentucky fans are definitely the most knowledgeable about John Higgins. If you ever need his address, wife’s name, ex-wife’s name, blood type, license plate number, that sort of thing…you know who to ask.

• Haha
Reactions: bignish
Kentucky fans are definitely the most knowledgeable about John Higgins. If you ever need his address, wife’s name, ex-wife’s name, blood type, license plate number, that sort of thing…you know who to ask.
johnhiggins.jpeg

The Snooker player?

How is the question silly? Take Duke and UNC, they are pretty selective schools, so the people that get in and graduate are usually pretty smart. I imagine that if you're a Duke or UNC grad, you probably support the school you graduated from.

I thought you were talking basketball.

Carry on.

Della, aren’t you the one on a crusade against arrogance? What do you think of people who are arrogant and hypocritical? 😎

Della, aren’t you the one on a crusade against arrogance? What do you think of people who are arrogant and hypocritical? 😎
I'm not on a crusade about anything. I just told Hawkit to stop setting me up and that I wasn't out to get him.

Well, you do mention often that you don’t like arrogance, no?
If you must know, I was kinda came in on your behalf cause I thought Hawkit was kinda ruffing you up too much.

If you must know, I was kinda came in on your behalf cause I thought Hawkit was kinda ruffing you up too much.

I appreciate the thought, but you might need to update the prescription for your eyeglasses. Wee man is tattered and broken. In fact, you might want to take it easy on him. He’s at best one more heartbreak away from going postal.

ADVERTISEMENT