ADVERTISEMENT

What if............Pitino had remained at UK.

i agree both schools deserved their punishments
my statement on punishing other schools like they did UK has everything to do with how times have changed the NCAA (they have gone soft)
My apologies,then. I assumed wrong.

Reactions: mebeblue2
you know you can call anytime.it's been a while. I've been looking forward to hearing about your seasons.
It has been a while. Busy season. ABout to get busier with basketball camps, college summer baseball leagues, and camps. I have a couple of weeks of, "me time". Weekends are best for me to call. I'm having to go into work at 6 now, instead of 8.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It has been a while. Busy season. ABout to get busier with basketball camps, college summer baseball leagues, and camps. I have a couple of weeks of, "me time". Weekends are best for me to call. I'm having to go into work at 6 now, instead of 8.
That sounds like a lot of fun.

I guess the truth still hurts.
What truth? That you made a terrible comparison, that makes absolutely zero sense? I mean, WTF does KS putting IU on probation, have to do with Pitino staying at UK?

Are you high?

I was thinking the camps. I'm a very early bird,so I guess getting work over sooner than later as well.:)
The camps have good moments...Really, they ain't that bad. Evaluation camps can be a pain in the ass. Especially basketball, where the instructors will stop play, and call your ass out. At least in baseball, for the most part, they wait until classroom time to yank your chains. I go to an eval camp in July, in Indianapolis, trying to get a D1 gig(baseball). My basketball camp went well. I'll find out more in July, early August.

Edit: TBH, I'm leaning heavily on just concentrating on baseball. I'll still work some OOC, lower level D1 basketball. Just not sure I want to pursue both. And as of now, baseball looks to be the better chance of high level advancement. I'll know more in July.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The camps have good moments...Really, they ain't that bad. Evaluation camps can be a pain in the ass. Especially basketball, where the instructors will stop play, and call your ass out. At least in baseball, for the most part, they wait until classroom time to yank your chains. I go to an eval camp in July, in Indianapolis, trying to get a D1 gig(baseball). My basketball camp went well. I'll find out more in July, early August.
Again, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad to hear you're back at it in full swing.

What truth? That you made a terrible comparison, that makes absolutely zero sense? I mean, WTF does KS putting IU on probation, have to do with Pitino staying at UK?

Are you high?
I guess you don't want to talk about IU cheating.

It is, TBH. I enjoy the relationships you build. Clubhouse time with the fella's. Its a cool, unique kinship. Plus, you get to meet some cool ass people.
Just curious, during you all's pow wows, do you predetermine calls based on traits players have shown in the past? I heard that's true amongst refs.

Agree. BUT....He would have won. And he would have won a lot. His system was coveted. Kids loved playing his style of ball. Sure recruiting would have slipped, but it still would have been good enough to keep UK at the level he had them. Look, I get why folks loathe the guy. But an ass or not, he can flat out coach. IMO, easily one of the Top 10, if not Top 5, to ever coach the game. If he had stayed, I think UK's at pushing UCLA out the door.

"Little incident" in the 80's. Look, I dont wanna start a pissing match. But, c'mon...It was much, much more than some cash, in an envelop. Even then President David Roselle admitted as much, with this statement:

Dr. David Roselle, the Kentucky president, said the university would not appeal the sanctions. ''Suffice it to say that the University of Kentucky has suffered from a lack of proper administrative control in its athletic program,'' he said.

Not trying to start a fight, brother. But what went on under Eddie Sutton was more than just a "little incident".

Also, I agree---After that, the hiring of CM Newton, and Sandy Bell, UK was gonna stay clear of NCAA hiccups. IMO, had there been a hint of NCAA wrongdoings, Rick would have been gone. And quick.

No pissing match needed lol. Our program did the correct thing, cleaned house and stiffened control over the program. It saved us from the death penalty. We rebounded and became much better for it. I don't really like to get into the cheating pissing matches.

I never disliked Pitino. His coaching dedication and work ethic while at UK was unbelievable. But I did get tired of his yearly NBA flirtage. That was not going to help our program, and I was glad, just because of that, he left. IMO it hurt Pitino much worse than UK when he left. I think the ghost of UK really affected him an adverse way.

Eddie Sutton was a drunk. But I was glad to see him overcome it later. He could really coach.

Reactions: toonces11
UNC is recognized as the biggest cheaters in college basketball history by most fans and will until you are no longer on this earth.
There are cuckold husbands that talk less about cheating than you do.

UNC is recognized as the biggest cheaters in college basketball history by most fans and will until you are no longer on this earth.

Ummm, no and that's your opinion. Fact: UK has been slapped by the NCAA numerous times and anyone not a UK fan can have a field day with the cheating you guys done. The knowledgeable UK fans here rather not go down that road but since you're 2 years removed from the 6th grade you don't know any better.

Ummm, no and that's your opinion. Fact: UK has been slapped by the NCAA numerous times and anyone not a UK fan can have a field day with the cheating you guys done. The knowledgeable UK fans here rather not go down that road but since you're 2 years removed from the 6th grade you don't know any better.
33orjd.jpg

Reactions: AWilli6995
I think if pitino could go back he would of stayed at uk, but his ego and the chance to coach in the nab again was too much to pass up. That said, I think he would have 4 titles atleast by now. He was showing no signs of slowing down. I’m not sold that he would of won it in 98 simply because tubby did an unbelievable job with that team and in game situations. Say what you want about his recruiting, but he was a damn good in game coach. He wasn’t the best recruiter, but he should of won it all in 2003, and in 2005.

Edit: TBH, I'm leaning heavily on just concentrating on baseball. I'll still work some OOC, lower level D1 basketball. Just not sure I want to pursue both. And as of now, baseball looks to be the better chance of high level advancement. I'll know more in July.

I think if pitino could go back he would of stayed at uk, but his ego and the chance to coach in the nab again was too much to pass up. That said, I think he would have 4 titles atleast by now. He was showing no signs of slowing down. I’m not sold that he would of won it in 98 simply because tubby did an unbelievable job with that team and in game situations. Say what you want about his recruiting, but he was a damn good in game coach. He wasn’t the best recruiter, but he should of won it all in 2003, and in 2005.
i have said many times that the 1998 run in the NCAA was the best 6 game coaching i have ever seen at UK
i can not find one single coaching mistake Tubby made in that NCAA run
some love him, some hate him, but no one can deny the great job he did coaching that team

At least I completed the 6th grade while you flunked the 1st grade.

No pissing match needed lol. Our program did the correct thing, cleaned house and stiffened control over the program. It saved us from the death penalty. We rebounded and became much better for it. I don't really like to get into the cheating pissing matches.

Absolute spot on...Great post, my man. Great post.

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
I can't imagine being in position to tell all of them to sit the hell down.
When I work travel ball, little league or what not---Man I do not tolerate that type of shit at all. I nip it early. I will tell coaches...."we can discuss balls/strikes....but we ain't arguing them." Safe with out and safe...You wanna have a discussion coach---Sure. You have a 50/50 chance. But an argument? Nope. I'm winning that one. Now HS I'm much,much more lenient. College? Meh, you have to do,or say something really stupid.

I guess you don't want to talk about IU cheating.
Sure. But it will be short, and boring. In 118 years, Indiana has been placed on probation ONE time, for basketball related issues----Kelvin Sampson.

That about sums it up....Anything else?

Ok, then....Back to the subject. Or do you have some more stupid ass takes?

ADVERTISEMENT