ADVERTISEMENT

"Pardon the interruption" (Tony and Will) Blast UK fans

What they don't say is why isn't he doing it at UK?

It’s obviously BBN’s fault.

FrayedVigorousDrake-size_restricted.gif

Would you not boo UT and Barnes if they lost at home to South Carolina?

Would you not boo UT and Barnes if they lost at home to South Carolina?
I think the talking heads are full of shit. (arrogant shit). Y'all (UK) put your money where your mouths are regarding winning in CBB. Calipari has one job to do and that is win. You give him the liberty to do it how he please, but that is his job. I would be mad as a hornet if I were a UK fan. It doesn't matter if he won a title ages ago. That title was bought and paid for and it is history. As you know, history is all nice and good, but today matters and he isn't living up to his salary.

I think the talking heads are full of shit. (arrogant shit). Y'all (UK) put your money where your mouths are regarding winning in CBB. Calipari has one job to do and that is win. You give him the liberty to do it how he please, but that is his job. I would be mad as a hornet if I were a UK fan. It doesn't matter if he won a title ages ago. That title was bought and paid for and it is history. As you know, history is all nice and good, but today matters and he isn't living up to his salary.
Give him the liberty to coach as he wants to? Yea that’s how it works. Does UT have somebody telling Barnes how to coach?

Liberty as in one and done approach. Players with no loyalty to UK, rather prepping for NBA.

Barnes- traditional coach
Calipari- Great talent NBA prep system
Oh ok so Barnes turns down one and done type players is what you’re saying. He doesn’t want them. Glad you cleared that up!!!🤦🏼‍♂️

Sometimes I think fanbases get a little crazy with expectations with coaches who have done good things for them. They get used to dominance so they get let down by a coach who is simply doing "good".

But I don't think that's the case with UK. He's had several stinkers lately and his one actually good team the last few years lost in the first round to a 15 seed. Maybe it was a better than average 15 seed, but still a game they absolutely should not have lost. This is not the same as Nebraska fans calling for Solich's head after winning 9 games kind of situation. Those fans got everything they deserved. UK fans are justified in their anger imo. No I don't think it's time to fire him yet. But I do think that they have the right to boo the team's performance and call out Cal's underwhelming recent coaching performances. He should be on the hot seat knowing that if he doesn't turn it around next year that he very well might lose his job, regardless of what he did 5+ years ago.

He would be a good pickup for plenty of other schools though. Calipari is going to recruit well no matter where he goes, so long as he can get the alumni invested in NIL. He can get similar results at other schools, and many schools would be happy with a few top teams mixed in with mediocre to bad teams. But this is UK. That isn't going to stand.

Even Self I'm sure knows that if KU suddenly started going 10-8 in conference and being a borderline tourney team or missing the tourney altogether, that his days would be numbered, despite what he's done here. Of course a bad season or two can be overlooked. It's when it becomes a pattern that it's an issue. UK has way too much talent to be doing what they're doing.

Oh ok so Barnes turns down one and done type players is what you’re saying. He doesn’t want them. Glad you cleared that up!!!🤦🏼‍♂️
What I'll say is this, quit being a dumbass. I'm not putting UK fans down, I'm putting down the talking heads.

However, since you bring it up, Barnes wants players that are coachable and will mesh with the team chemistry. Cal appears to only want great individual players. Barnes appears to have it right.

Kyle Tucker was the most connected reporter for UK bb, but he has made several "negative" articles so he may not be anymore. However, he reported that people are saying Cal nor his assistant coaches scout but it is left to a video director and a grad assistant.

Cal has previously said they dont watch tape of other teams so it's believable.

Also says Cal has raised 30 million in private funds to build a new practice facility but the AD will not let it happen.

Gold Standard everyone.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What I'll say is this, quit being a dumbass. I'm not putting UK fans down, I'm putting down the talking heads.

However, since you bring it up, Barnes wants players that are coachable and will mesh with the team chemistry. Cal appears to only want great individual players. Barnes appears to have it right.
Final fours don’t matter!
We UT fans could care less about history and tradition!
Barnes doesn’t want top 10 talent!

And you tell me to stop being a dumbass!😂😂😂

Your last post just proves how clueless you are LuLu. Your UK hatred spews from all your post but even you should know how Cal has had good kids who buy into team play. As a matter of fact he gets a lot of credit for getting top recruits to buy into the team. I get why you hate UK but don’t make yourself look like a jackass doing it.

Final fours don’t matter!
We UT fans could care less about history and tradition!
Barnes doesn’t want top 10 talent!

And you tell me to stop being a dumbass!😂😂😂

Your last post just proves how clueless you are LuLu. Your UK hatred spews from all your post but even you should know how Cal has had good kids who buy into team play. As a matter of fact he gets a lot of credit for getting top recruits to buy into the team. I get why you hate UK but don’t make yourself look like a jackass doing it.
779hfu.jpg

Then fine, stay with Cal. Hey he won you a title and that is all that matters! You probably have no clue why all these UK fans are upset? All they have to do is look in their history books, so Cal is great, amirte?😆

I can kinda see why you would lash out at an opposing fan if you just weren't sure what they were saying, but your own fan base is telling you the same thing. Maybe, just maybe, you're the dumbass.😆

779hfu.jpg

Then fine, stay with Cal. Hey he won you a title and that is all that matters! You probably have no clue why all these UK fans are upset? All they have to do is look in their history books, so Cal is great, amirte?😆

I can kinda see why you would lash out at an opposing fan if you just weren't sure what they were saying, but your own fan base is telling you the same thing. Maybe, just maybe, you're the dumbass.😆
Lashing out?😂 Yea I’m just mad as hell because a UT fan that don’t know shit is mad because I don’t hate Cal😂😂😂 Yea he’s won us a title, what has Barnes did for UT? No titles last time I checked and in the time since he’s been at UT Cal has a better record than him so there’s that. I have no clue why UK fans are upset? Yes the same reason I’m pissed…we’re playing like shit! I just don’t get on the internet and post 500 “by god I want Cal fired” post a day. Your problem is you hate UK so bad that you want them to become the new IU. Former blue blood who becomes irrelevant. You can make all the smartass comments you want and feel like you’re really doing something but UK isn’t going anywhere. We are just having a bad year. It happens! Is it fun? No but it happens! How long you been a UT basketball fan now? 5 years? You’ve just been around for the few good years they’ve had so you haven’t really seen a bad year yet but you will LuLu and then we will see if you’re still around. I’ve been here through the good and the bad and will continue to do so. Love you Lulu!💙

Reactions: cdbearde
Lashing out?😂 Yea I’m just mad as hell because a UT fan that don’t know shit is mad because I don’t hate Cal😂😂😂 Yea he’s won us a title, what has Barnes did for UT? No titles last time I checked and in the time since he’s been at UT Cal has a better record than him so there’s that. I have no clue why UK fans are upset? Yes the same reason I’m pissed…we’re playing like shit! I just don’t get on the internet and post 500 “by god I want Cal fired” post a day. Your problem is you hate UK so bad that you want them to become the new IU. Former blue blood who becomes irrelevant. You can make all the smartass comments you want and feel like you’re really doing something but UK isn’t going anywhere. We are just having a bad year. It happens! Is it fun? No but it happens! How long you been a UT basketball fan now? 5 years? You’ve just been around for the few good years they’ve had so you haven’t really seen a bad year yet but you will LuLu and then we will see if you’re still around. I’ve been here through the good and the bad and will continue to do so. Love you Lulu!💙
UK is going somewhere, down the tubes. You got crushed by the bammers, crushed. You lost to SCAR at home! We beat SCAR in Columbia by over 40 points. Make no mistake, you're going down and all that talent you got up there is circling the drain with you. The most average coach in America would win with the talent y'all have. The odds you make the tourney are slim and none.

You are only as good as your season record. You won't be dancing due to your history in case you don't know. Y'all have problems. However, I penned this thread attacking the talking heads not UK fans, but I suppose you're just too stupid to figure that out.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I think fanbases get a little crazy with expectations with coaches who have done good things for them. They get used to dominance so they get let down by a coach who is simply doing "good".

But I don't think that's the case with UK. He's had several stinkers lately and his one actually good team the last few years lost in the first round to a 15 seed. Maybe it was a better than average 15 seed, but still a game they absolutely should not have lost. This is not the same as Nebraska fans calling for Solich's head after winning 9 games kind of situation. Those fans got everything they deserved. UK fans are justified in their anger imo. No I don't think it's time to fire him yet. But I do think that they have the right to boo the team's performance and call out Cal's underwhelming recent coaching performances. He should be on the hot seat knowing that if he doesn't turn it around next year that he very well might lose his job, regardless of what he did 5+ years ago.

He would be a good pickup for plenty of other schools though. Calipari is going to recruit well no matter where he goes, so long as he can get the alumni invested in NIL. He can get similar results at other schools, and many schools would be happy with a few top teams mixed in with mediocre to bad teams. But this is UK. That isn't going to stand.

Even Self I'm sure knows that if KU suddenly started going 10-8 in conference and being a borderline tourney team or missing the tourney altogether, that his days would be numbered, despite what he's done here. Of course a bad season or two can be overlooked. It's when it becomes a pattern that it's an issue. UK has way too much talent to be doing what they're doing.

Nominated for a “Postie”

31-99ln8sZL.jpg

Our situation reminds me of the Buffalo Bills in the ‘90s. They went to - what 4? 5? - Super Bowls and didn’t win any of them. Those fans should have been ecstatic to just be there, but once you get used to getting there, being there isn’t enough anymore. It sounds TOTALLY spoiled I know. It’s just a UK thing I guess, but you seem to have a really good understanding.

I think @della and @Scotty00 should get a divorce and share custody of their posts. It just doesn't look healthy for either of them. 🤣 🤣

But I love reading it, I really do. You two go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎
Opposites attract I suppose. I'm kinda smart and sensible and Scooter is kinda dumb and irrational.

UK is going somewhere, down the tubes. You got crushed by the bammers, crushed. You lost to SCAR at home! We beat SCAR in Columbia by over 40 points. Make no mistake, you're going down and all that talent you got up there is circling the drain with you. The most average coach in America would win with the talent y'all have. The odds you make the tourney are slim and none.

You are only as good as your season record. You won't be dancing due to your history in case you don't know. Y'all have problems. However, I penned this thread attacking the talking heads not UK fans, but I suppose you're just too stupid to figure that out.:rolleyes:
I love when you get heated LuLu, it turns me on! Speaking of us losing to this one and that one your UT team which in your words is the best UT team that’s ever been in Knoxville only beat little ol Vandy by about 8 points in Knoxville. What happens if UK beats UT Saturday LuLu? You think it’s all about talent and coaching? Sometimes things just don’t work? Sometimes players don’t mesh and sometimes coaches just bring in the wrong players. We are having a bad year, enjoy it! It don’t happen all that often.

• Haha
I love when you get heated LuLu, it turns me on! Speaking of us losing to this one and that one your UT team which in your words is the best UT team that’s ever been in Knoxville only beat little ol Vandy by about 8 points in Knoxville. What happens if UK beats UT Saturday LuLu? You think it’s all about talent and coaching? Sometimes things just don’t work? Sometimes players don’t mesh and sometimes coaches just bring in the wrong players. We are having a bad year, enjoy it! It don’t happen all that often.
I'm not like you Scooter. I'll tell you UT is going to kick UK's ass. You'll hide in the bushes. If UT does kick UK's ass, I'll be kind and complimentary and not rub it in your face. If UT kicks UK's ass you stay hidden in the bushes. If UK does win, you'll come out gloating and carrying on. I'll come out and give ya;ll congrats.

I told you this is Barnes best Vol team ever because it is. You can look at Kenpom and see that, so it's not just my word on it. We got beat by Colorado, so we can get beat by anyone including UK. Y'all have a super talented team that just doesn't function properly.

Y'all's bad teams are becoming the norm and not the exception. The way you are heading is not making the tourney, do you agree with that? That is 4 years in a row and not just a fluke.

• Sad
Opposites attract I suppose. I'm kinda smart and sensible and Scooter is kinda dumb and irrational.
Then she said she’s smart and sensible!😂

UT don’t care about final fours
UT don’t care about history and tradition
Barnes don’t want top 10 talent

Yea smart and sensible describes you perfectly LuLu!😂 You sure you didn’t mean scared and sensitive???

• Haha
Then she said she’s smart and sensible!😂

UT don’t care about final fours
UT don’t care about history and tradition
Barnes don’t want top 10 talent

Yea smart and sensible describes you perfectly LuLu!😂 You sure you didn’t mean scared and sensitive???
You don't care if bama destroys you or SCAR plants their flag in the middle of Rupp and long as your grandad's Cat's won a title in 1958.

I told you I want titles and not some arbitrary losing point in the tourney.
Here and now>>> History
Barnes wants good players that fit the system.

I'm not like you Scooter. I'll tell you UT is going to kick UK's ass. You'll hide in the bushes. If UT does kick UK's ass, I'll be kind and complimentary and not rub it in your face. If UT kicks UK's ass you stay hidden in the bushes. If UK does win, you'll come out gloating and carrying on. I'll come out and give ya;ll congrats.

I told you this is Barnes best Vol team ever because it is. You can look at Kenpom and see that, so it's not just my word on it. We got beat by Colorado, so we can get beat by anyone including UK. Y'all have a super talented team that just doesn't function properly.

Y'all's bad teams are becoming the norm and not the exception. The way you are heading is not making the tourney, do you agree with that? That is 4 years in a row and not just a fluke.
I hide in the bushes?? Might wanna check the history (I know you hate history) on that! I always say good game if we get beat if that team has fans that post on here. The only thing in the bushes was UT fans until they started doing good. Y’all was nowhere to be found until then. As far as his best teams go you’ve said that the last four years and he’s not won a title so I guess those seasons has been failures.

It is entertaining! I’m willing to wager they’re both outstanding people in real life, and the passion is admirable!

Absolutely!!!!!!!! 😎
I am a pretty good dude I just like to give Della hell because she gets so tore up.😂 I’m sure she’s a sweetheart in person even though you can feel the hate she has for UK. Has to come from all those years of traditional ass beatings we gave UT

I hide in the bushes?? Might wanna check the history (I know you hate history) on that! I always say good game if we get beat if that team has fans that post on here. The only thing in the bushes was UT fans until they started doing good. Y’all was nowhere to be found until then. As far as his best teams go you’ve said that the last four years and he’s not won a title so I guess those seasons has been failures.
Why do y'all like to go on about what strong fans you are when you are scarcer than Hen's teeth on the CFB board and your numbers are drying up on this board? Do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

I have been here and the CFB for years. The bammers can attest that during UT's CFB years and years of woe my Orange light shone brighter than anyone's. Your time on the board has diminished lately. Will you even be here at the end of the season if it continues on it's trajectory? Who knows.

I am a pretty good dude I just like to give Della hell because she gets so tore up.😂 I’m sure she’s a sweetheart in person even though you can feel the hate she has for UK. Has to come from all those years of traditional ass beatings we gave UT
I don't hate UK, just some of her dumber fans. Which ass is the sorest, one that was beat 30 yrs ago or one 5 minutes ago? I'll let you stew on that for a minute.:D

Why do y'all like to go on about what strong fans you are when you are scarcer than Hen's teeth on the CFB board and your numbers are drying up on this board? Do you not see the hypocrisy in that?

I have been here and the CFB for years. The bammers can attest that during UT's CFB years and years of woe my Orange light shone brighter than anyone's. Your time on the board has diminished lately. Will you even be here at the end of the season if it continues on it's trajectory? Who knows.
I’ve never went on about how strong of fans we are I can just tell you that UK fans stick with their team through the good and the bad. We don’t just come out when the team is winning. Now, do we have some fans that take thjngs over the top? Yes but what fanbase doesn’t? Our football program sucked during the 90’s but I still watched every game and cheered them on. No LuLu, being on a message board doesn’t make you a better fan than somebody who doesn’t use them but it’s funny you never showed up until UT got decent. As far as my time on here lately being spread out….the holidays, a new grandson, work and a few other things have took my time. I usually check in during the day when I’m not real busy at work or at night around bedtime before I take my nightly poo. I can’t stay on here 24/7 like you Pudding!

I have learned the real value of the DVR. Our last few seasons, and maybe the addition of getting a little older, has me at my lowest level of fandom for UK basketball. My M.O. the last 2 seasons has been to record our games. I’ll watch most wins (not some of the ones like Central Florida) and won’t see a minute of any of the losses. They’re deleted without opening. It’s probably saved me from what used to be a stomach punch. That frustration has now just ebbed into apathy. My fandom isn’t gone. It just needs an update.

I’ve never went on about how strong of fans we are I can just tell you that UK fans stick with their team through the good and the bad. We don’t just come out when the team is winning. Now, do we have some fans that take thjngs over the top? Yes but what fanbase doesn’t? Our football program sucked during the 90’s but I still watched every game and cheered them on. No LuLu, being on a message board doesn’t make you a better fan than somebody who doesn’t use them but it’s funny you never showed up until UT got decent. As far as my time on here lately being spread out….the holidays, a new grandson, work and a few other things have took my time. I usually check in during the day when I’m not real busy at work or at night around bedtime before I take my nightly poo. I can’t stay on here 24/7 like you Pudding!
In your first sentence you deny it and in the second sentence you contradict it by doing it. This is an example of what I mean by DUMB!

One minute you are attacking my message board attendance and the next you say message board attendance doesn't matter. Why do you bring it up if it doesn't matter? Another DUMB.

In your first sentence you deny it and in the second sentence you contradict it by doing it. This is an example of what I mean by DUMB!

One minute you are attacking my message board attendance and the next you say message board attendance doesn't matter. Why do you bring it up if it doesn't matter? Another DUMB.
Damn Lulu! Saying something once doesn’t mean you’re going on and on about something. I simply said UK fans stand by the Cats through it all but some are nut jobs! Again, that’s not going on and on about it. As far as your attendance goes (follow along slowly) I was just saying you was never here until UT started doing good. Seems like you’re a little sensitive when somebody tells you the truth about yourself. While we’re discussing it, what is the reason you was never around here before Tennessee became decent?

Damn Lulu! Saying something once doesn’t mean you’re going on and on about something. I simply said UK fans stand by the Cats through it all but some are nut jobs! Again, that’s not going on and on about it. As far as your attendance goes (follow along slowly) I was just saying you was never here until UT started doing good. Seems like you’re a little sensitive when somebody tells you the truth about yourself. While we’re discussing it, what is the reason you was never around here before Tennessee became decent?
I have been here longer than you have. I have been here when UT was good and when they were bad.

ADVERTISEMENT