ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas still favors Duke over Kentucky

IM SO IRATE! Nah. I just hate seeing all the crap about preseason polls and betting websites. College Basketball is going to be LOADED next year. I don't think that there is a clear cut favorite or #1 team. That's all. I don't get why he is being berated for an opinion.

Reactions: Quavarius
Not at all. Again, probably doesn’t mean much to a Duke fan who’s had one good coach in its entire history. Granted he is the GOAT. My stat shows consistency as a program, even through head coaching changes. If you can’t see that then sorry.
Why would Duke be likely to just tumble once K left? That's just false hope that our rivals have.

Did UNC collapse after Dean?
Did KU collapse after Phogg and Roy?
Did UK collapse after Rupp and Pitino?

Good programs will continue to hire good coaches until they hit on the next great one.

Why would Duke be likely to just tumble once K left? That's just false hope that our rivals have.

Did UNC collapse after Dean?
Did KU collapse after Phogg and Roy?
Did UK collapse after Rupp and Pitino?

Good programs will continue to hire good coaches until they hit on the next great one.
Well nish I was involved in a pissing contest and you are extremely late to the party

Why are you so bad at this?? They have a much better claim to being better than UK in my lifetime than Kansas does. You’ve hid behind Duke and now UConn in this thread, why are you so insecure about your team?

Hid behind. LOL. UKers are funny. Looking.

There's nothing to be insecure about. All things considered, KU is at worst 4th or 5th. The fact that they've only won 3 of their 9 title appearances doesn't change that. If they'd won most of those games, they'd be unquestionably 1 or 2. A few games over 120 years ain't much. But I know you guys need to simplify everything.

If all that mattered were national titles, then Uconn is the greatest program of the last 20 years and top 5 of all time. Yet no one, including you, believes that. So, y'know....try to be consistent.

If all that mattered were national titles, then Uconn is the greatest program of the last 20 years and top 5 of all time. Yet no one, including you, believes that. So, y'know....try to be consistent.
That's why it's so silly to use specific eras.

Hid behind. LOL. UKers are funny. Looking.

There's nothing to be insecure about. All things considered, KU is at worst 4th or 5th. The fact that they've only won 3 of their 9 title appearances doesn't change that. If they'd won most of those games, they'd be unquestionably 1 or 2. A few games over 120 years ain't much. But I know you guys need to simplify everything.

You need to stick to talking about boobies and butts, your basketball knowledge isn’t nearly as strong, which is putting it nicely.

Still had to win games in the tournament. It's not UK's fault other teams couldn't make it.

No need for excuse making. Winking

But, without the opportunity to get there to win said games is the point we're making. Duke has certainly made use of their less Tournament appearances with the best win %

But, without the opportunity to get there to win said games is the point we're making. Duke has certainly made use of their less Tournament appearances with the best win %
Duke tournament appearances has also helped UK's tournament win % as well. Winking

That's why it's so silly to use specific eras.

Again..even in an arbitrary time frame of the last twenty yrs, in which Uconn has won FOUR national titles, no one considers them the best program of that period. Because they know that there's more to being a great program than occasionally having a great year.

Again..even in an arbitrary time frame of the last twenty yrs, in which Uconn has won FOUR national titles, no one considers them the best program of that period. Because they know that there's more to being a great program than occasionally having a great year.

Exactly.

You need to stick to talking about boobies and butts, your basketball knowledge isn’t nearly as strong, which is putting it nicely.

Is anything I said inaccurate? No, hence the diversion. Nice try, sport.

Ooooh. Ouchy!

Can you nane one thing that was "inaccurate?"
You said Kansas has been better than Kentucky in my lifetime, they have not been. Titles don’t mean everything, I’ll give you that. But they hold the most weight. The end all goal is to win titles, UK has done that 3 times as much as KU has since then. I also said I would be okay putting UConn ahead of Kentucky in that same time frame. They’ve been money the past 20 years.

You said Kansas has been better than Kentucky in my lifetime, they have not been. Titles don’t mean everything, I’ll give you that. But they hold the most weight. The end all goal is to win titles, UK has done that 3 times as much as KU has since then. I also said I would be okay putting UConn ahead of Kentucky in that same time frame. They’ve been money the past 20 years.

Throwing stones yet you don't know the difference between fact and opinion? Figured as much.

I thought you were a few years older, but it was clear from the post that I didn't know your age. Therefore, I assumed the score to be 3-2. In which case, you could make a good argument for KU, all things considered.

Last edited:
So I have been a basketball fan since 1985. I turned 12 that year. Here is the breakdown of KU vs UK since I started watching
Titles
UK: 3
KU: 2

FF
UK: 8
KU:9

EE
UK: 16
KU: 15

Wins:
UK: 877
KU: 978

Loses
UK: 264
KU: 231

Missed NCAA tourney
UK: 5
KU: 1

so in my history of watching KU vs UK the programs are almost identical. UK has one more title, KU has more final fours and wins. UK also has seen more failure than KU has (they actually had a below .500 season and one right at .500). Both programs have been put on probation for illegal shenanigans done by a disgraced hall of fame coach (Sutton and Brown) Head to head KU is ahead 8-6...and before any UK posters say I cherry picked 1985...I honestly had no idea that UK was 16-1 vs KU prior to 85 (I knew they had skull f*&ked us for many years but didn't realize 1985 was the turning point). I have nothing but respect for UK and believe they are the class of the NCAA...however my team that I root for is not far behind them in my time frame.

Also: screw Duke...that is all

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So I have been a basketball fan since 1985. I turned 12 that year. Here is the breakdown of KU vs UK since I started watching
Titles

FF

EE

Wins:

Loses

Missed NCAA tourney

so in my history of watching KU vs UK the programs are almost identical. UK has one more title, KU has more final fours and wins. UK also has seen more failure than KU has (they actually had a below .500 season and one right at .500). Both programs have been put on probation for illegal shenanigans done by a disgraced hall of fame coach (Sutton and Brown) Head to head KU is ahead 8-6...and before any UK posters say I cherry picked 1985...I honestly had no idea that UK was 16-1 vs KU prior to 85 (I knew they had skull f*&ked us for many years but didn't realize 1985 was the turning point). I have nothing but respect for UK and believe they are the class of the NCAA...however my team that I root for is not far behind them in my time frame.

LOL.

Don't be so diplomatic. One of those is clearly better than the other.

Hiding behind UCLA now?

Nope. Just trying to keep your logic consistent. I know you guys like to move the goalposts to ensure UK is perceived to be the bestest ever at everything.

So...either KU has been better than UK since 85 or you must bow down to UCLA.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Nope. Just trying to keep your logic consistent. I know you guys like to move the goalposts to ensure UK is perceived to be the bestest ever at everything.

So...either KU has been better than UK since 85 or you must bow down to UCLA.
If UK should bow down to UCLA, then KU must do more after bowing down to UK.

If UK should bow down to UCLA, then KU must do more after bowing down to UK.

I never said UK should bow to UCLA. I said KU has been better than UK since 85.

Admittedly an arbitrary timeframe but it is considered the beginning of the modern era.

Reactions: HRTheCard
So using 85 as the modern era cut off, which program has been the best?

SmokinSmile

i don't believe in using arbitrary years
i do however believe in using major rule changes to determine eras (like the three point shot)

Titles

FF

EE

Wins:

Loses

Missed NCAA tourney

I agree titles end the conversation but Jimbo is the equivalent to Tickle on moonshiners with the rest of his troll drivel.

Also thats a very large difference in wins the last 33 years
Wins:

Duke by 7 in the Champions
Kansas by 7 @ Rupp to go 3 and 0 in that mighty home court advantage

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT