ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas still favors Duke over Kentucky

The whole tournament is a crap shoot tbh. K has a history of doing poorly early but when Y'all go far you win the damn thing.
The NCAA Tournament is the best way to determine a champion and the worst way to determine the best team.
K has a RECENT history of laying eggs in the first round, K owned the tournament for about 20 years though.

The whole tournament is a crap shoot tbh. K has a history of doing poorly early but when Y'all go far you win the damn thing.
The NCAA Tournament is the best way to determine a champion and the worst way to determine the best team.

that is one of the reasons i love the NCAAT
the best team does not always win it (yep it can be heartbreaking)
for me the unknown brings excitement

Reactions: Montana81
K has a RECENT history of laying eggs in the first round, K owned the tournament for about 20 years though.

Duke just needs to get a 1 seed. I pretty much write them off otherwise. Coach K as great as he's been hasn't made the final four without being a 1 seed since 1994.

Roy Williams is in a similar boat I think. He's got 5 final fours at UNC and they're all as 1 seeds. But on Roy, he's 5/6 final fours with a 1 seed with 3 titles and nearly a 4th since he's been there. But if they don't get a one seed I know they're not a threat.

To be fair on that note, the odds for a one seed making the final four are like 50/50 or close to it. But for any other single seed it's less than 20%.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Duke just needs to get a 1 seed. I pretty much write them off otherwise. Coach K as great as he's been hasn't made the final four without being a 1 seed since 1994.

Roy Williams is in a similar boat I think. He's got 5 final fours at UNC and they're all as 1 seeds. But on Roy, he's 5/6 final fours with a 1 seed with 3 titles and nearly a 4th since he's been there. But if they don't get a one seed I know they're not a threat.

To be fair on that note, the odds for a one seed making the final four are like 50/50 or close to it. But for any other single seed it's less than 20%.
ummmmmmm, no. We are a one seed about every year and we don't exactly ring up final fours like big 12 titles. Your stats are poop.

ummmmmmm, no. We are a one seed about every year and we don't exactly ring up final fours like big 12 titles. Your stats are poop.

That's because your coach is arguably the biggest post season choke artist in all of sports.

Since seeding began in 1979 >40% of the final four slots have went to 1 seeds.

That's because your coach is arguably the biggest post season choke artist in all of sports.

Since seeding began in 1979 >40% of the final four slots have went to 1 seeds.
Well leave it to Kansas to buck the GD odds. Always a bridesmaid

Maybe this past year is a sign he's figured something out. Never know.
Well our roster is set to make a run----which means we will probably be dominant all year and finish 33-2 and lose to some nearly extinct mascoted team before the elite 8.....dick in hand.

Also got curious and looked up some more stuff. These coaches final fours with 1 seeds.

Coach K is 7-6(he's had 13 1 seeds and went to 7 final fours with them)
Pitino was 4-2
Calipari is 4-2
Self is 2-7(0-1 at Illinois and 2-6 at Kansas)

Roy Williams was like 1-3 at Kansas I think. 5-1 at UNC.

Well our roster is set to make a run----which means we will probably be dominate all year and finish 33-2 and lose to some nearly extinct mascoted team before the elite 8.....dick in hand.

Kansas is the one team I'm looking at and feel like you can go ahead and pencil in as a 1 seed.

Thats like 4 years in a row if it happens. I wonder what the record is? That's gotta be it I would think.

Kansas is the one team I'm looking at and feel like you can go ahead and pencil in as a 1 seed.

Thats like 4 years in a row if it happens. I wonder what the record is? That's gotta be it I would think.
I guess you always want to get that #1 seed, but it doesn't mean shit if you don't make the F4. If you look at our seeding history, the odds suggest many more F4's. Kinda like if you look at UK's recruiting history and NC.....but at least you have the chances in the FF's.

Also got curious and looked up some more stuff. These coaches final fours with 1 seeds.

Coach K is 7-6(he's had 13 1 seeds and went to 7 final fours with them)
Pitino was 4-2
Calipari is 4-2
Self is 2-7(0-1 at Illinois and 2-6 at Kansas)

Roy Williams was like 1-3 at Kansas I think. 5-1 at UNC.
Yep---lived it...........its like being ready to say **** you every year and then you end up muttering **** me to yourself.

UK-Duke as the first game of the year is so sweet. Both teams coming off an international trip so there shouldn't be as many growing pains either. I'd favor UK personally due to better returning talent + the acquisition of Travis.

They actually have a point guard this year though which they didn't have the last 2 years. No real good inside presence though and lot of questions about shooting. Gonna be a weird Duke team.

UK has more depth of talent, and more experience returning. Both teams will be very young and time will tell if either become a a great "Team"

I like my Heels blend of experience and talented youngsters.
UNC plays UK, Dook, Gonzaga , Virginia and Tennessee this year. All are ranked in the top 10 in most preseason polls.
Battle Tested!
r

Bolden/DeLaurier defend and rebound better than Travis and Washington, that's really my main point. That's what they're primarily asked to do. Obviously they won't be playing as many minutes as the Kentucky duo. So while I think Kentucky still has an edge in the paint, I don't think it's as nearly one-sided as some might think it to be; Duke has efficient bigs and we have playmakers to compensate for the inside scoring, bro.
Dude you can’t be serious lol. Delaurier and Bolden are straight scrubs. Pj and Travis are all American candidates.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Why would Duke be likely to just tumble once K left? That's just false hope that our rivals have.

Did UNC collapse after Dean?
Did KU collapse after Phogg and Roy?
Did UK collapse after Rupp and Pitino?

Good programs will continue to hire good coaches until they hit on the next great one.
Does Uconn and Indiana ring a bell? Both were great under one coach and have recently sucked after Calhoun and Knight left. It happens

Kentucky's roster is full of scrawny wimps. It will look like men vs boys when KU waltzes into Rupp.

Dude you can’t be serious lol. Delaurier and Bolden are straight scrubs. Pj and Travis are all American candidates.
Hold on...Washington did nothing to scream AA. And Travis is a great piece. Solid on both ends. Love him. But AA? Christ!!!

Hold on...Washington did nothing to scream AA. And Travis is a great piece. Solid on both ends. Love him. But AA? Christ!!!
They’re going to be solid, one of the best front courts in the country next season. Much better than what MrButtBuddy is saying. It must suck having him as a Kansas fan

They’re going to be solid, one of the best front courts in the country next season. Much better than what MrButtBuddy is saying. It must suck having him as a Kansas fan
I expect Travis to be rock steady and the jury is out on Washington for sure. Def talented, but I wouldn’t bet a nickel on him being AA out of nowhere.

More like cub scouts....
Year long avatar bet?

Even better, until UK and KU meets again.

You talk a lot of shit about UK. I like KU, but it would be fun to win and give you avatar you deserve.

Gotta decide now, not in Dec.
gonna suck to wear Duke then KU. Willing.

Last edited:
Year long avatar bet?

Even better, until UK and KU meets again.

Being more physical doesn't necessarily equate to being better.

But I do think a lot of Kentucky's players are getting overhyped. Adding Travis will probably end up being huge. Even with him, I think Hagans needs to be a superstar for them to be great. We shall see.

But I do think a lot of Kentucky's players are getting overhyped. Adding Travis will probably end up being huge. Even with him, I think Hagans needs to be a superstar for them to be great. We shall see.
Is that a bet?

Are you accepting lurkers avatar bet proposal?

Reactions: JimboBBN
Speaking of which, Since we're on the topic. @bignish 3 month avatar bet on UK/Duke game? Not sure how we can do it longer due to @MrBaracus wins.

OK nevermind @MrBaracus. Let's do a full season avatar bet on UK Duke.

First come first serve.
I don't think @MrBaracus will bet

3411aa64-3ba4-4e57-90a1-a56c99ee305a_screenshot.jpg

Kansas has nothing this year like every year.

I'm all for trolling but saying this after they just made the final 4 is mind numbingly stupid. It's not their fault they ran into a Villanova team that wasn't losing to anyone. Not to mention when UK shit down their leg in the easiest region that will ever happen for Cal due to other teams losing.

ADVERTISEMENT