ADVERTISEMENT

UK/KU

Did UT make him a HOF coach or did UT hire one?

Follow up, what has he done at UT to push him over a sure fire candidate? Age?
I think a coaches career makes them eligible for the HOF. Cal is HOF too and it is based on his career also.

I think a coaches career makes them eligible for the HOF. Cal is HOF too and it is based on his career also.
Multiple Final Fours, Championship games, 38 win seasons, Pros,

One is not like the other.

Cal has more vacated FF's and Championship game appearances and pros who've turned him down than Rick will ever have in his career.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yes, it is one with more wins, Final Fours and a title that RB doesn't have.

As of now, it's not a sure bet that he'll get a spot in the HOF.

Yes, it is one with more wins, Final Fours and a title that RB doesn't have.

As of now, it's not a sure bet that he'll get a spot in the HOF.
I think he will. One thing he has on Cal is be gets better with age while Cal has fallen off.

Barnes has the edge against Cal overall and you kind judge HOF on overall, don't you? That was the topic you brought up wasn't it?
So Barnes won against Cal and no one else?

To be fair, that's all that matters.

*What's Barnes record against Cal. You said that as fact. Pretty sure Cal has the overall record.

Last edited:
He does? That's funny....didn't see him match that 1 elite 8 appearance yet that UT has.
You're probably not the poster to discuss this with seeings how time stopped for you in the early 2000's.

So Barnes won against Cal and no one else?

To be fair, that's all that matters.

*What's Barnes record against Cal. You said that as fact.
How do you pull that question out of what has been said so far? You weren't talking about anyone else. Maybe, some road signs would be nice for sharp turns ahead.

I've already said they both have wins to get into the HOF. Since you have a sudden urge to be fair didn't that answer suffix the first time?

Barnes has the edge head to head all time against Cal.

Barnes has the edge head to head all time against Cal.
I just asked for a link. I'm pretty sure Cal owns Barnes over all dating back to other teams.
Barnes at UT is Barnes peaking. He's never been Final Four good. Which fits right in with UT.

Reactions: JC for 3
when it's all you have.... besides the 1 Elite 8... you guys write about it.

Yeah and beating UK use to be saying something, but not so much anymore. I'm counting on some quad 1 wins beating y'all this year, so don't let me down.

He does? That's funny....didn't see him match that 1 elite 8 appearance yet that UT has.
Barnes does have a couple of S16's and Cal hasn't sniffed one in a while, so he is outperforming him lately. Thus the comment about better with age.

ADVERTISEMENT