ADVERTISEMENT

UK/KU

Okay, point to the teams that have been in the FF and won titles the last 7 years that haven't been veteran teams.

The game is so much more physical now and trying to get high school kids up to speed in such a short time frame, just isn’t practical these days. You literally dont have an argument on this and what's funny is, Bill Self won a title because he had veterans. You suck Bills cack in here daily, I figured you would agree with me. Seems you just like to be argumentative. Weird.
What did I say that isn’t true?

Even UK, with Cal as the coach, made HD look average last year.

But maybe he was jet lagged from the long flight to London. Eh, I dunno.
He had 23 points and 9 boards. 3 blocks. Was 10-22 from the floor.

Cannot imagine if he had not had "jet lag"..

Reactions: ExitFlagger

10-22 (45%) is pretty pedestrian and well below his average, especially for a 7'2" center against a shit defender like Oscar. 9 boards against him is solid though.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
10-22 (45%) is pretty pedestrian and well below his average, especially for a 7'2" center against a shit defender like Oscar. 9 boards against him is solid though.
I'll take 23/9...

Shit or not, Oscar was strong. And 6'9"/260. Very physical. Who does UK have thats even close to that?

Not sure why people(not you),. brush this dude off so easily. Career 18/9 guy. !st team ALL B10...He can play.

I'll take 23/9...

Shit or not, Oscar was strong. And 6'9"/260. Very physical. Who does UK have thats even close to that?

Not sure why people(not you),. brush this dude off so easily. Career 18/9 guy. !st team ALL B10...He can play.
Oh he's a beast for sure.

Yet HD had 23/9/3

What is "average" about that?
I wouldn’t say it was average. He’s a quiet scorer as I remember. I don’t dismiss him. It’s probably lodged in my mind that somehow even UK beat Michigan last year, and I didn’t consider our team special by any means. Revisionist history. If anything is average it was UK last year.

I remember when he was entertaining coming to UK I wasn’t really enthusiastic about it, probably due to being surprised UK beat Michigan last season. I just didn’t remember his performance being anything special. I mean, if you got beat by UK last year . . . yikes.

Regardless, if he goes off this year (or underwhelms) I just don’t think UK has the chemistry to beat a better-gelled team. Seems to be our semi-new M.O.

Last edited:
I can see Kentucky winning this game but Kansas should win this early in the season. Either way I’ll still love @KisteK and keep fighting the temptation @della throws my way with those looks of lust until KisteK declares for me!🤣

Last edited:
Seems like people are forgetting McCullar and KJ Adams. Think they have a bigger impact on this game than they are getting credit for. Would be shocked if isn’t KU’s leader all year. May lead us in points and will contend for most rebounds.

Key to the game will be if Kentuckys freshman handle the older KU physicality. KJ adams literally might break one if he hits them that dude is a brick on pogo sticks.

If I’m a UK fan and they respond well to physicality even in a loss I’d be pretty excited for the rest of season.

If they fade and let KU muscle them and fold then I would be hesitant to start thinking of UK as a contender until they start showing it against teams like Tennessee in February

I can see Kentucky winning this game but Kansas should win this early in the season. Either way I’ll still love @KisteK and keep fighting the temptation @della throws my way with those looks of lust until KisteK is declares for me!🤣
creepy-guy-behind-plant.gif

I wouldn’t say it was average. He’s a quiet scorer as I remember. I don’t dismiss him. It’s probably lodged in my mind that somehow even UK beat Michigan last year, and I didn’t consider our team special by any means. Revisionist history. If anything is average it was UK last year.

I remember when he was entertaining coming to UK I wasn’t really enthusiastic about it, probably due to being surprised UK beat Michigan last season. I just didn’t remember his performance being anything special. I mean, if you got beat by UK last year . . . yikes.

Regardless, if he goes off this year (or underwhelms) I just don’t think UK has the chemistry to beat a better-gelled team. Seems to be our semi-new M.O.

It’s a little silly to judge a player by one game, especially when he was pretty good in that game. Don’t forget that he was a big part of getting Michigan to the Sweet 16 the year before, and the Elite 8 the year before that. Last year, Michigan’s PG couldn’t run offense. Plus, Howard can’t coach.

It’s a little silly to judge a player by one game, especially when he was pretty good in that game. Don’t forget that he was a big part of getting Michigan to the Sweet 16 the year before, and the Elite 8 the year before that. Last year, Michigan’s PG couldn’t run offense. Plus, Howard can’t coach.
I’m not judging him over one game. I’m just saying other player/teams absorbed more of the spotlight than he did, so he just went somewhat unnoticed by me.

Seems like people are forgetting McCullar and KJ Adams. Think they have a bigger impact on this game than they are getting credit for. Would be shocked if isn’t KU’s leader all year. May lead us in points and will contend for most rebounds.

Key to the game will be if Kentuckys freshman handle the older KU physicality. KJ adams literally might break one if he hits them that dude is a brick on pogo sticks.

If I’m a UK fan and they respond well to physicality even in a loss I’d be pretty excited for the rest of season.

If they fade and let KU muscle them and fold then I would be hesitant to start thinking of UK as a contender until they start showing it against teams like Tennessee in February
Actually, UK's freshmen are surprisingly physical, even Dillingham has shown the ability to take a beating while going to the rack.

But, they still have a long way to go. You're getting UK at a time where Edwards is a ghost for large portikns of the game and Wagner is really struggling with shooting.

Edwards scores most of his points on put backs and wide open.layups. he hasn't figured out how to use his size and skill at this level yet, but when he does, look out.

Wagner too, while I don't think he's ever going to be a great shooter, he’s very physicsl and he can get to the rim.

This is also not bringing up the other obvious issue UK has, which is the three 7 footers that won't be playing. One is a projected lottery pick.

KU should easily win this game.

And he really didn’t affect the game, yeah, he got his, but he never took the game over.
Remember, that UK team was a mess. Good teams carved UK up, especially early on.

Would you agree that "there's a reason he's still in college" isn't consistent with "you need to be old to be good?"
Yeah, he’s not good enough to be a pro, he’s a selfish player, he's a locker room cancer and he can't defend the pnr. He doesn't move well laterally.

Just so you know, not every junior and senior gets to be an individual star, but if you get a team full of upperclassmen and they play as a team, I give them a higher chance of getting to a FF than a team full of 'projected' first round draft picks.

Reactions: KisteK
Yeah, he’s not good enough to be a pro, he’s a selfish player, he's a locker room cancer and he can't defend the pnr. He doesn't move well laterally.

Selfish and locker room cancer? That's not true, but if it were, it would probably only help him fit in at the next level. Oscar was a worse defender than Dickinson and spent four years in college. Are you saying the NPOY wasn't that good?

Just so you know, not every junior and senior gets to be an individual star, but if you get a team full of upperclassmen and they play as a team, I give them a higher chance of getting to a FF than a team full of 'projected' first round draft picks.

Not getting into it again, but history shows that those teams have a good chance of going far, even when coached by Calipari. Much higher chance than your average team of upperclassmen.

By your logic, no junior or senior gets to be a star. There's a reason they're still in college, right?

Selfish and locker room cancer? That's not true, but if it were, it would probably only help him fit in at the next level. Oscar was a worse defender than Dickinson and spent four years in college. Are you saying the NPOY wasn't that good?

Not getting into it again, but history shows that those teams have a good chance of going far, even when coached by Calipari. Much higher chance than your average team of upperclassmen.

By your logic, no junior or senior gets to be a star. There's a reason they're still in college, right?
Dude, Oscar was a generational rebounder, what is it that HD does that makes him something special?

Are you telling me you had no idea Hunter is known to be a locker room cancer? Proof that you hear what you want to hear. You'll see.

Yeah… HISTORY shows that freshmen based teams can win… history as in over 8 years ago. There is a trend right now. The game is far more physical and spread out than it was when Cal's early young teams were winning. It was hard enough before it got physical. There's just too much to overcome now for freshmen. By the time these guys figure it out, they'll be in line for a low seed.

Prime example, take a look at what happened to duke last night. Arizona has a veteran team, duke has a more heralded team, look who won and where the game was played.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Dude, Oscar was a generational rebounder, what is it that HD does that makes him something special?

His combination of shooting/scoring/passing ability is pretty unique for a 7'2 center. Plus, he's worked on his outside shot a lot this offseason and so far it shows. 4/4 from three. The fact that he didn't have a PG who could distribute last year is kind of important. Not to mention he now has a coach who knows how to maximize his ability and get him easy post pins.

Are you telling me you had no idea Hunter is known to be a locker room cancer? Proof that you hear what you want to hear. You'll see.

Examples?

Yeah… HISTORY shows that freshmen based teams can win… history as in over 8 years ago. There is a trend right now. The game is far more physical and spread out than it was when Cal's early young teams were winning. It was hard enough before it got physical. There's just too much to overcome now for freshmen. By the time these guys figure it out, they'll be in line for a low seed.

Prime example, take a look at what happened to duke last night. Arizona has a veteran team, duke has a more heralded team, look who won and where the game was played.

Duke's got a pretty good mix of talent and experience. Regardless, the goal isn't to peak in November.

Some of our own fans haven't realized who is actually the master mind behind the offense. Its Welch, not Cal. I don't know what to expect against KU either. I do know our team runs with a lot of pace and doesn't turn the ball over. Amazing for young guys. The starters have committed only 3 turnovers each in the past two games.

Mitchell will cancel out HD on the offensive end. Mitchell needs to stay out of foul trouble. We play through Mitchell a lot. He's really good. We have a guard that's playing back up center lol. This team will run, and is fast and under control. I'm hoping that will offset the size differential in the front court. We do have balanced scoring so its hard to defend us.

I know KU's size will bother us on their offensive end, but I don't think it will matter much on our offensive end. We're much quicker overall.

Our guards are pesky and will be in KU's guards faces all night. They will apply a lot of pressure. Maybe Dilly will go off for a big night.

Rebounding will be difficult. Need to shoot better on the 3's.

It would be nice to have access to our any of our 3 7 footers, but its the card we've been dealt early.

The style differences should make for an entertaining game. HD is 0-1 against UK lol.

His combination of shooting/scoring/passing ability is pretty unique for a 7'2 center. Plus, he's worked on his outside shot a lot this offseason and so far it shows. 4/4 from three. The fact that he didn't have a PG who could distribute last year is kind of important. Not to mention he now has a coach who knows how to maximize his ability and get him easy post pins.

Examples?

Duke's got a pretty good mix of talent and experience. Regardless, the goal isn't to peak in November.
Do your own work on Hunter's well documented douchery. He visited UK and within hours, Bradshaw told Cal he would go elsewhere if HD was on the team.

Funny thing is, if.Hunter was a UK player, you'd be trashing him. You’re a huge KU homer that hates anytning UK.

All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if HD ruins tean chemistry at KU this season.

Do your own work on Hunter's well documented douchery. He visited UK and within hours, Bradshaw told Cal he would go elsewhere if HD was on the team.

Funny thing is, if.Hunter was a UK player, you'd be trashing him. You’re a huge KU homer that hates anytning UK.

All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if HD ruins tean chemistry at KU this season.

It's well-documented that other teams don't like Dickinson, yes. You understand that's not the same thing as "locker room cancer," right? Opposing teams/fans hated Christian Braun, but he was the furthest thing from a locker room cancer.

More whining about my alleged "hating," while bashing a KU player's ability and making up lies about his character. That fits. 🤣

As for Bradshaw telling Cal he'd leave...could that be because he didn't want to compete with him for playing time? Same reason that Udeh and Ejiofor transferred almost immediately after HD committed? Nooooo, of course not.

Last edited:
It's well-documented that other teams don't like Dickinson, yes. You understand that's not the same thing as "locker room cancer," right? Opposing teams/fans hated Christian Braun, but he was the furthest thing from a locker room cancer.

More whining about my alleged "hating," while bashing a KU player's ability and making up lies about his character. That fits. 🤣

As for Bradshaw telling Cal he'd leave...could that be because he didn't want to compete with him for playing time? Same reason that Udeh and Ejiofor transferred almost immediately after HD committed? Nooooo, of course not.
You think Bradshaw doesn’t want to compete? He had no problem with Cal bringing Ivicic in late, so your theory is incorrect.

Yeah, I'm a huge KU hater, which is odd since I've been praising Bill Self on here almost daily.

You think Bradshaw doesn’t want to compete? He had no problem with Cal bringing Ivicic in late, so your theory is incorrect.

So freshman Ivicic is equal to or better than Hunter Dickinson? 🤣

So freshman Ivicic is equal to or better than Hunter Dickinson? 🤣
I don’t know about equal per se, just European. Pretty fluid with the ball. Can dribble and get to the basket. HD has always looked a little mechanical to me. Neither is a better style.

I don’t know about equal per se, just European. Pretty fluid with the ball. Can dribble and get to the basket. HD has always looked a little mechanical to me. Neither is a better style.

You guys downplay the impact/productivity of freshmen, yet you're comparing a moderately hyped freshman to a preseason AA senior?

Dickinson's expected to average around 20/10 for the preseason #1 team. What do you think Ivicic is expected to average?

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that Ivicic offers the same level of competition as HD is crazy.

but anyone who thinks that Ivicic offers the same level of competition as HD is crazy.
That’s just it . . . it’s not the same. It’s different. Same reasons Team USA lost in international play. The game is played slightly differently.

You guys downplay the impact/productivity of freshmen, yet you're comparing a moderately hyped freshman to a preseason AA senior?

Dickinson's expected to average around 20/10 for the preseason #1 team. What do you think Ivicic is expected to average?

Sorry, but anyone who thinks that Ivicic offers the same level of competition as HD is crazy.
Wait, you think Hunter is going to average 20 & 10 at KU?

That’s just it . . . it’s not the same. It’s different. Same reasons Team USA lost in international play. The game is played slightly differently.

I'm talking about competition in practice. Jeff claims that if Bradshaw weren't worried about competition from Ivicic, he wouldn't have been concerned about HD either. Laughable.

Draft smack. Yep, definitely a Kentucky fan. 🤣
You’re the one that thinks guys predicted to get drafted are > Juniors and Seniors.

But either way, at UK, under Cal, projected draft picks get the most time in the court.

I'm talking about competition in practice. Jeff claims that if Bradshaw weren't worried about competition from Ivicic, he wouldn't have been concerned about HD either. Laughable.
I'm saying HD is a huge dickhead and AB didn’t want to be around him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT