ADVERTISEMENT

****TX Coaching Search****

If people don’t feel like he has the potential.
He went from being in Mock Drafts as a first round pick before the season to being one of the worst guards in Kentucky history according to some

Truthfully he is someone is the middle
Not according to some. He had had the 2nd lowest 3pt % in UK's history with 50 attempts. He made history.

Again, don't get worked up and accuse me of hating, it's stats.

Not according to some. He had had the 2nd lowest 3pt % in UK's history with 50 attempts. He made history.

Again, don't get worked up and accuse me of hating, it's stats.

How many 80% FT shooters do you find that can’t shoot from distance....

This stat is an anomaly. Especially once you see his form and when he did make 3’s. He is a solid shooter when he can step into his shot.

Screenshot-20210602-220829-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Here, I fixed it for you Homie!

Some tidbits from a recent article about Adams from The Athletic:

Mark Adams is down in a stance — knees bent, butt down in his khakis, left arm extended. The new Texas Tech coach isn’t showing how spry he is at his age. Nope, he’s rocking a defensive stance in the hallway just outside his office to demonstrate the principles of his side defense.

“You put your nose on the ball,” Adams says as he positions himself in front of his guest and angles his feet toward the pretend sideline. No one is more qualified to present this technique, because it’s his innovation. It’s not often anyone invents something new in this game anymore, but four years ago, after a summer spent studying what made Bill Self and Lon Kruger’s offenses so good and how they could be slowed, it hit Adams that it was all about the angles. He created the antidote in his head, abandoning the keep-the-ball-in-front mentality that is at the heart of most successful defenses.

Adams loves to teach, and convincing players to think the game different is one of his strengths. Heck, he’s changed the way many coaches see the game. His ideas have spread throughout college hoops — Baylor just won a national championship playing his defense, proving the success can be mimicked. But it does pay to have the creator. Since he installed his side defense four years ago, the Red Raiders have an average finish in KenPom’s adjusted defensive efficiency of eighth, which is better than any program in college hoops over that timespan.

Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt figured out that Adams’ impact in Lubbock was even greater than he realized.
Former and current players called and gave their endorsement, expressing how close they felt to Adams.

“I was really closer with him than I was Coach Beard,” McCullar says.

The most powerful message came from Terrance Shannon, the sophomore wing who had already put his name in the NBA Draft. “If I’m going to play another year of college basketball,” Shannon told Hocutt, “the only man I’d play for is Mark Adams.”

Tony Hernandez, Texas Tech’s deputy director of athletics, got a call from Glenn Sugiyama, who runs the search firm DHR out of Chicago. Texas Tech had not hired his firm to handle the search, but Sugiyama still felt compelled to let Texas Tech know what it had in Adams. Sugiyama had done his homework on Adams two years ago when he’d help the Chicago Bulls try to pursue Adams to be an assistant and coach their defense. Tech convinced him to stay by making him the highest-paid Big 12 assistant, but the process allowed Sugiyama to see his value.

“Let me save y’all a lot of time and energy,” Sugiyama told Hernandez. “You need to hire Mark Adams. He’s one of the best basketball minds that people are not aware of.”

Adams also has some credibility with his returners, who point out that Adams would occasionally draw up a quick-hitter and that they almost always worked. “He’s actually a genius on the offensive end, too,” super senior Marcus Santos-Silva says.

“The reason for our success, the reason we were in the national championship game, the reason we were in the Elite Eight, the reason we won a Big 12 championship is because of our defense,” Sutton says. “That’s been the staple. That’s been the most consistent thing about our program — that and probably competing and playing as hard as anybody in the country, which Coach Beard and Coach Adams both deserve credit for."

Basketball people who have come through Lubbock the last few years will tell you the teaching at Texas Tech was next-level in its detail. On this June day, it’s clear that’s not going anywhere.

Reactions: RedRaiderFan5
I keep hearing about Adams' brilliant basketball mind.

Has anyone ever stated this about Chris Beard? Does anyone talk about his innovative techniques? It's always "he has a magnetic personality," or "gets great effort from his guys."

Is poor Texas getting Shaka 2.0? 🤣

I keep hearing about Adams' brilliant basketball mind.

Has anyone ever stated this about Chris Beard? Does anyone talk about his innovative techniques? It's always "he has a magnetic personality," or "gets great effort from his guys."

Is poor Texas getting Shaka 2.0? 🤣
We obviously did Tech a huge favor in taking Chris Beard off their hands and stopping Texas Tech from signing Beard to a lifetime contract that Hocutt offered. Zero doubt Mark Adams takes them back to a national title game. And soon. He was the true reason for Beard's success. Ask anyone.

We obviously did Tech a huge favor in taking Chris Beard off their hands and stopping Texas Tech from signing Beard to a lifetime contract that Hocutt offered. Zero doubt Mark Adams takes them back to a national title game. And soon. He was the true reason for Beard's success. Ask anyone.

In seriousness, can we call it what it is? Beard lost his defensive coordinator (and more) from a staff that won almost solely due to their innovative defense. Beard's offenses have been anemic.

If he wins big at Texas, it's likely going to be more about recruiting and motivating than Xs/Os.

In seriousness, can we call it what it is? Beard lost his defensive coordinator (and more) from a staff that won almost solely due to their innovative defense. Beard's offenses have been anemic.

If he wins big at Texas, it's likely going to be more about recruiting and motivating than Xs/Os.
Shiiittt.....Penny can do that.

A good coach needs an assistant to help. Look at Billy Donovan @ UF prior to hiring....Larry something...name escapes me, but that hire put him over the top.

Some need help.

Reactions: ExitFlagger

Sounding like Tx Tech fans
Pretty pathetic if you want to go down that road.

A little nuts considering the long time ties with Calipari and the beef between Memphis and UK.

I wouldn't put it past Cal to make Larry Brown a mole and do some spying.
Thought IU was going to bring in Larry Brown.

Regarding Cal. Why the hell would Larry Brown do anything for him.
Everyone knows Larry Brown in the business but unless I am mistaken I don’t see any reason for him to have some loyalty to Calipari

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Thought IU was going to bring in Larry Brown.

Regarding Cal. Why the hell would Larry Brown do anything for him.
Everyone knows Larry Brown in the business but unless I am mistaken I don’t see any reason for him to have some loyalty to Calipari
See, this right here.

Learn history. tifwiw.

OK, you clearly know boss.

If you been in basketball for 50 years at the NBA and college level you will be familiar with pretty much everyone
Larry was just coaching in Dallas not too long ago. Everyone is close to him.
Calipari isn’t the only person who crossed paths with Larry Brown

Fan Fiction😂

I am not forgetting that Calipari coached under Brown at KU
Just letting you know that you are overvaluing that as if Larry will screw his own name to help Cal

If you been in basketball for 50 years at the NBA and college level you will be familiar with pretty much everyone
Larry was just coaching in Dallas not too long ago. Everyone is close to him.
Calipari isn’t the only person who crossed paths with Larry Brown

Fan Fiction😂

I am not forgetting that Calipari coached under Brown at KU
Just letting you know that you are overvaluing that as if Larry will screw his own name to help Cal

Everyone here knows if Beard hired Brown you'd be singing a different tune.

Singing what tune?

Larry Brown is my guy regardless of what happens.
The guy understands the game on a higher level than most.

But the guy won’t damage his name to be a mole for Calipari.
That is fan fiction

I'm not talking about fan fiction. I'm talking about anything Texas does you hype it up as the greatest thing in sports, like every move they make is a good one. If there was a homer award on this forum you'd win it going away.

I'm not talking about fan fiction. I'm talking about anything Texas does you hype it up as the greatest thing in sports, like every move they make is a good one. If there was a homer award on this forum you'd win it going away.

????
Weird way to respond.
They went into the transfer portal and brought out a FF team.
This isn’t hype it is the truth.

Like I explained the reason is because of NLI.
Texas is at the top of the food chain there. They aren’t the only one
Ohio State is another
Alabama

There are a few non basketball schools who can get the same amount of money to the players as the basketball schools

The thing is UNC believes they can do the same in football

• Haha
????
Weird way to respond.
They went into the transfer portal and brought out a FF team.
This isn’t hype it is the truth.

Like I explained the reason is because of NLI.
Texas is at the top of the food chain there. They aren’t the only one
Ohio State is another
Alabama

There are a few non basketball schools who can get the same amount of money to the players as the basketball schools

The thing is UNC believes they can do the same in football

I don't think it's weird at all. You seem to throw shade at anyone that's not Texas. As for the NIL I don't know to much about it but it in terms of legislation passed in certain states and what it entails. As for the football program Mack Brown is trying to make UNC a big boy program, we shall see if that translate on to the field.

No one has Texas in the top 5, but it's a "fact" that they're a final four team?

Poor Sheriff. I'd say "act like you've been there," but....

No one has Texas in the top 5, but it's a "fact" that they're a final four team?

Poor Sheriff. I'd say "act like you've been there," but....
😂
Only lying to yourself

With Marcus Carr Texas will start #1 or #2 everywhere
They play Gonzaga early

How many programs are ranked #1 with a new coach
Kentucky is the only one I remember with Calipari

Only lying to yourself

With Marcus Carr Texas will start #1 or #2 everywhere
They play Gonzaga early

How many programs are ranked #1 with a new coach
Kentucky is the only one I remember with Calipari
The transfer situation makes things a bit different this year, if you hadn't figured that out yet.

But congrats on one dude's tweet and the player that isn't yours. 😂

Ultra impressive.

Shiiittt.....Penny can do that.

A good coach needs an assistant to help. Look at Billy Donovan @ UF prior to hiring....Larry something...name escapes me, but that hire put him over the top.

Some need help.
I think Larry Shaytt- but to be fair, before he came on board, Donovan went to the 00 title game- but of course, had more success with him

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not the transfers…

It is the NLI. We will see with this upcoming recruiting class

Texas has a chance at a monster class

You see what Chris Beard has done. Going to hard to stop a coach who begins his Texas career with a deep run
Everyone going to be behind him

Vic Schaefer did the same thing with the women’s team
But Beard has a way better team than he does

Not the transfers…

It is the NLI. We will see with this upcoming recruiting class

Texas has a chance at a monster class

You see what Chris Beard has done. Going to hard to stop a coach who begins his Texas career with a deep run
Everyone going to be behind him

Vic Schaefer did the same thing with the women’s team
But Beard has a way better team than he does
We can all tell you've been there before with your pre season bravado. You're that one fan that get people to hate your team b/c of how "next level" annoying and ignorant you are. Its a skill for sure.

Reactions: Villian07
No.
You just cannot accept the truth.

People don’t like things that challenges their viewpoint

Kansas fans believe they are a big dog. Believe Texas is a little dog

Hopefully for your sake Texas isn’t the big dog. Could get ugly

No.

People don’t like things that contradict their viewpoint

Well, by anybody's standards Kansas is a big dog. Texas is probably considered in the next tier of 10-15 programs after the relevant blue bloods. Texas SHOULD be much better than they have been.

You on the other hand seem like an ankle biting puppy.

Well, by anybody's standards Kansas is a big dog. Texas is probably considered in the next tier of 10-15 programs after the relevant blue bloods. Texas SHOULD be much better than they have been.

You are only trying to look at the situation in a way it will benefit Kansas.
Their athletic department isn’t anywhere close to Texas

This is the problem here for Kansas

If Texas runs them over how Kansas handles it will be important.
In your mind you are an elite school and a school like Texas has no chance
You complain about my arrogance. But I am only informing you of what is going on…

No.

People don’t like things that challenges their viewpoint

For your sake, I hope Texas is da big dawg. I'm betting your heart can't take many more Abilenes.

I have good news though. I heard that, after 115 years, Texas has decided to start trying in basketball. Ain't it great?

Reactions: mavs07
😂
Don’t have to worry about Texas. Have to worry about the NCAA.

They are like 1000-2. Not too many people beat them
Not too worried about either, actually. The longer it drags on, the less likely it is that anything substantial happens.

As for Texas, I'll start worrying when they bring in a coach that knows Xs and Os. Bill's won, what, 11 of the last 12 vs K, Roy, and Calipari? But the offensive mastermind from Tx Tech is going to dominate him? 🤣

Last edited:
You are only trying to look at the situation in a way it will benefit Kansas.
Their athletic department isn’t anywhere close to Texas

This is the problem here for Kansas

If Texas runs them over how Kansas handles it will be important.
In your mind you are an elite school and a school like Texas has no chance
You complain about my arrogance. But I am only informing you of what is going on…
No chance? Not sure anyone has said Texas has no chance. You should field a top team next season! Texas has always been competitive in the big 12 under Barnes. They usually have the most talent on paper. UT swinging and missing on shaka smart set your progress back quite a bit, but with the size of the university and financial backing, both football and basketball should have and should be doing more with the embarrassment of talent thats come thru. Talent has never been an issue for Texas, hiring the right guys to lead that talent has been the problem. UT basketball would have to take a sizable leap to enjoy the consistent success of a program like Kansas. And then do it again, and again, and again. (repeat for decades). I will say, you acting like a chest thumping clown in the pre season def makes the games this year more interesting.

Hells naw they arent in the tier with us/indy/uconn/sparty

Do they even have a single NC? If not they are in the fourth everyone else tier, below baylors tier.

Hells naw they arent in the tier with us/indy/uconn/sparty

Do they even have a single NC? If not they are in the fourth everyone else tier, below baylors tier.

Wait till the merchandise sales kick in. It's going to be on like donkey kong.

ADVERTISEMENT