ADVERTISEMENT

****TX Coaching Search****

I do believe Texas is a top job, but it's gonna take a real coach to elevate the program, they don't need a guy who will jump to the NBA at first success.

Family or not.

(But a great bounce for Durant's circle!)

I do believe Texas is a top job, but it's gonna take a real coach to elevate the program, they don't need a guy who will jump to the NBA at first success.

Family or not.

(But a great bounce for Durant's circle!)

Oh Durant, can't believe UT couldn't even make it to the second weekend with him..

You got the resources but you never won, so what's the problem?

Great point.

But jobs like that regardless of sports attracts people. They maintain a certain standard.

The school and the state backs winners.

Maintain a Top 10 level in every sport.
Shaka couldn't. Barnes was in and out.

But at least with those two they have developed a name with players that came from the program

What are you guys top 10 in?

Shaka actually finished in the Top 10 but it was a little too late.
Too many misses. Hard to convince people who are reactionary and who have money that they are wrong.

I think it came too a point even the people around Texas Basketball wanted to move on..

We will see.
Not too hard to get one or two players that can make a difference.

0-A130-C6-E-DC76-4-D2-E-9-B9-D-A9960-A64-F5-A3.jpg

1-F020-EE7-CF32-49-EB-9434-F800-E91-B2367.jpg
Texas isn’t a fan of that style. They prefer having unlocked potential rather than maxing it out.

Nothing personal with Beilein but there are other options.

I guess Beard already tried to jump. This is why they created the buyout. The buyout decreases on the first.
We will see. This info was coming from a logical Tech fan.

Beard never tried to jump. The buyout has always been there.

Beard may leave but it will go pretty badly. He’d leave a lot of donors hanging and abandon a lot of projects custom tailored to him flapping in the breeze.

We just finished a 40 million dollar practice facility for him and he basically custom tailored it. The donors would be beyond pissed. He has a lifetime style contract sitting in front of him right now and donors have vowed to beat any offer.

What does all that mean? Who knows...

Beard never tried to jump. The buyout has always been there.

Beard may leave but it will go pretty badly. He’d leave a lot of donors hanging and abandon a lot of projects custom tailored to him flapping in the breeze.

We just finished a 40 million dollar practice facility for him and he basically custom tailored it. The donors would be beyond pissed. He has a lifetime style contract sitting in front of him right now and donors have vowed to beat any offer.

What does all that mean? Who knows...

Buyout was put in after the 2018 season

The reason was Texas were trying to push Shaka on UCLA but UCLA didn't want that headache.

They gave him a huge contract extension and put in the buyout.

The rest of the stuff.
The guy built a program there. If he leaves he is leaving in a way better place than when he entered.

Chris Del Conte makes move when he has others planned.

So far he has hit on everyone.
More than that he had the coaches lined up.

Whatever Tech has going on....

Texas has a brand new building with a brand new training facility.

Vic Schaefer had Miss State in two NC games.
Left there to win a NC

Very good chance the men's basketball coach will be pretty similar....

Conviently left off the football coach y’all hired who was fired from his last HC gig for being drunk 24/7.

And spare me the success at bama. Me or you would be successful OC at bama under saban with a first round draft pick at basically all 11 starting positions, esp the skill positions.

Butwho knows he might kill it there, being a Louisville fan, I thought Charlie strong would kill it there, as much nfl talent that he brought through Louisville, I figured he would have Texas rolling, esp the defense, but nope he’s been a dumpster fire since the day he left Louisville.

For whatever reason there’s as long list of football coaches who left Louisville football for a better job and failed miserably at their next stops.

RIP the pipe is the onlyone I can think of who did better after leaving Louisville. Howard schellenburger.

I don't think you understood my point...

Beilein has baggage.

Not alluding to him being a racist but telling you that teams will point that out to recruits
That is just how basketball recruiting is. It is ruthless.
Lol. You prove every time you post that you are a complete idiot. Thats a rare skill. Congrats.

Top 5 job in the country.

If you add everything up. What makes it even better is that there isn't any job near the level that has less history.

So it could actually be the best job because you can become a legend at Texas.

You don't have to compete with a Coach K, Rupp or Dean Smith

"Top 5 job in the country" yet Texas has NEVER had a top 5 coach. Hmmmm.....

Last edited:

Left there to win a NC

Why does it seem like you constantly contradict yourself?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Left there to win a NC

Texas doesn’t own the building and only has part time access. Also what’s it sit 10k?

Texas doesn’t own the building and only has part time access. Also what’s it sit 10k?

They wanted the land...
But the Erwin Center was used for the same thing.
Regarding the capacity. Will look full now all the time.

The naming rights from the Moody Foundation in Galveston is where the money is coming from.
They are the ones who are paying for the practice facility....With that came money to replace both the men's and women's coach.
I remember when the deal.was done. I was laughing at Shaka because that was the signing of his death warrant pretty much.

Actually a brilliant deal by the University of Texas.
Erwin Center was going to be destroyed because of the Dell Medical Center.

So they used some of the land of the university for a private investor to build an arena to host concerts and events.

ADVERTISEMENT