ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Ok so we're both right, we'll all watch it tomorrow.

I may start tonight, we are puppy sitting for our daughter for the evening. If we can get the dog to chill we'll check it out. Probably only one at a time and not back to back to back etc. Not sure. Nice to have the option though rather than the slow drip we get with most shows.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I may start tonight, we are puppy sitting for our daughter for the evening. If we can get the dog to chill we'll check it out. Probably only one at a time and not back to back to back etc. Not sure. Nice to have the option though rather than the slow drip we get with most shows.
I hate slow drips. "Oh you're into it, tune in next week". Kills the immersion factor.

Reactions: Deepelm
I hate slow drips. "Oh you're into it, tune in next week". Kills the immersion factor.

I didnt mind it that much with The Last of Us show, because I knew what was coming next anyway. This one follows the feel of the games but isnt a " game " story, so it should be interesting. The previews look really good.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I didnt mind it that much with The Last of Us show, because I knew what was coming next anyway. This one follows the feel of the games but isnt a " game " story, so it should be interesting. The previews look really good.
It helps when Walter Goggins is in it.

Amazon has done well with invincible and the boys, but after the way they just shit all over the Lord of the rings I don't have a lot of faith in the fallout series. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Amazon has done well with invincible and the boys, but after the way they just shit all over the Lord of the rings I don't have a lot of faith in the fallout series. Hopefully I'm wrong.
yea Amazon has produced exactly 3 shows that are awesome and everything else they've done has been garbage.

The Boys (and Gen V)
Invincible
Ms Masel

yea Amazon has produced exactly 3 shows that are awesome and everything else they've done has been garbage.

The Boys (and Gen V)
Invincible
Ms Masel
Never watched Invincalbe. Next in line.

Ms Masel was a great show. We binged the shit out of that.

I heard same about Gentleman, but hearing lots of mixed reactions to 3 Body

I haven’t read the books but I liked the first season. But I’ve heard the series pales in comparison to the books so that could maybe explain the mixed reactions. I think it’s worth watching

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Funny enough, an article just popped up on my phone about this. It IS today, well, tonight for East Coast folks, 9pm all 8 drop.
On now. I'm about to indulge.

*yep, first scene. Popping some popcorn. I love unsalted unbuttered popcorn. About to settle in for the night. Paused after the first scene.

Last edited:
I've already seen a bobblehead on episode one. I hope they have them spread out. I wonder how many they'll show? If not looking closely I might miss a couple. Little easter eggs in a sense.

3 Body Problem and The Gentlemen (both on Netflix) are awesome
The gentlemen was good, haven't watched 3 body problem because they guys that made it ruined game of thrones... which I never thought possible.

Reactions: jhmossy
Last I'll say about it for now, but there are references from Fallout 1 to 4. I can't imagine them doing any better.

btw 4

Ive not finished yet but it's addictive as the game itself. Little neauses.

Disagree. Need to add Reacher and the second season of Wheel of Time.
Reacher seems generic, but I'll check out some reviews and see if I misjudged. Is Wheel of TIme season 2 good enough to make it worth while watching season 1? I heard S1 was terrible.

Is Wheel of TIme season 2 good enough to make it worth while watching season 1? I heard S1 was terrible.

Season one was quite far from terrible ( ymmv as with anything ) . It was just not presented correctly, they fixed that in season two and get it on track to be the amazing story from the book series.

This is what I watched this weekend:

Midsommar (HBO) - holy shit so ****ed up but so fascinating
Parasite (HBO) - one of the best movies I've seen in a long time
Molly's Game (Netflix) - pretty entertaining story involving poker
Baby Reindeer (Netflix) - miniseries about abuse and stalking

Saw the first 3. Haven't watched Baby Reindeer. Thanks.

Midsommar was a rough watch. Weird as ****.

ADVERTISEMENT