ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

I played D3, but I only play the campaign. No interest in the post game stuff. I like to play a character on normal and then do new game + with the same character at a higher difficulty. But it also looks like there is no new game + as of now.
There won't be. That isn't what Diablo is. The campaign is just the primer to get you ready foe the real game which is the End Game grinding. All the good content is there.

Baldurs Gate is tough as ****. I've had to change the difficulty back down to explorer (easy) a few times. That being said you have to learn this game, I like it a whole lot and 50 hours in haven't completed it and probably missed out on a lot of stuff. Definitely a recommended buy, especially with how shit all the other games have been lately.

I'm back to playing Elden Ring with how boring games are right now. Diablo 4 has turned into a total turd. I'm done with that BS.
I gave up on Diablo 4 once I completed the campaign. even on one playthrough it was a terrible game. Very disappointing.

Now I'm playing Last of Us Part 2 remaster on PS5. Never played it or the first one, but loved the TV show so figured I would get to it. It's a good linear story game, but damn is it hard. I've died countless times before I adjustged some of the settings and lowered the difficulty a bit. Good game, enjoying the story.

Other game I'm playing, and don't laugh, is Power Washer simulator. Free game on Gamepass. You just clean things with a power washer lol. Different nozzles and cleaning fluids add variety. Its hard to explan why it's fun, but it is. Might move on to Lawn mower simulator next.

A couple interesting games coming out soon. Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin. Looking forward to reviews.

I gave up on Diablo 4 once I completed the campaign. even on one playthrough it was a terrible game. Very disappointing.

Now I'm playing Last of Us Part 2 remaster on PS5. Never played it or the first one, but loved the TV show so figured I would get to it. It's a good linear story game, but damn is it hard. I've died countless times before I adjustged some of the settings and lowered the difficulty a bit. Good game, enjoying the story.

Other game I'm playing, and don't laugh, is Power Washer simulator. Free game on Gamepass. You just clean things with a power washer lol. Different nozzles and cleaning fluids add variety. Its hard to explan why it's fun, but it is. Might move on to Lawn mower simulator next.

A couple interesting games coming out soon. Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin. Looking forward to reviews.
I saw the power washing game and I really contemplated it. I was afraid I'd get sucked into it and waste too much time on a damn game about power washing lol. I feel like that's an OCD nightmare.

Reactions: Deepelm
It's been a month or so since I've picked up the sticks.

Did y'all watch anything good during the season?
I went to watch Dune 2 in theatre and that was amazing. Other than that, not much of anything else. I haven't played games or watched TV for a couple months now.

I just stare at my phone screen and refresh Rivals over an over. I may have a problem.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I went to watch Dune 2 in theatre and that was amazing. Other than that, not much of anything else. I haven't played games or watched TV for a couple months now.

I just stare at my phone screen and refresh Rivals over an over. I may have a problem.
Looking forward to it. I haven't watched the first one, but the wife is all in. She's a huge fan. Read the books etc. Willing to watch it again just so I can get caught up.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness

All Diablo games are the same.

Probably the best story game I have played. And the game is insanely hard as you mention. The story freaking grabs you by the snarglies though, wait until you get further in. I do wonder how the TV show will present the start of that one. I wont spoil it for those who dont know but if you are a fan of the show, and have not played the games, you are in for a pretty large surprise early in season two.

Sometimes you just need mindless shit to take your mind off of things. No harm in that my man.

Agree, I can't remember the name but I used to play this game where I built underwater "cities".

Yup, totally mindless shit is fun at times. Hell, I still play Fallout 4 all these years later just to hang around and build crazy shit. My current game is something like level 80 and over half of those levels are just from constructing stuff in settlements. Its good to just unplug at times.

Looking forward to it. I haven't watched the first one, but the wife is all in. She's a huge fan. Read the books etc. Willing to watch it again just so I can get caught up.
Definitely watch the first movie beforehand or you won't have any idea what's going on. If your wife read the book, she is going to be very happy.

Actually, you better read the first book first!

Ok, probably not. Just come back here with your questions and I'll help.

Definitely watch the first movie beforehand or you won't have any idea what's going on. If your wife read the book, she is going to be very happy.

Actually, you better read the first book first!

Ok, probably not. Just come back here with your questions and I'll help.
Not going to read the book, but I'll definitely watch the first one.

yeah, I'd chill and play that game. Loved that game.

The second one was pretty good too if you havent checked it out. WAY shorter story and less building but still fun and in a different environment, its all ice.

Part 3 is currently in production. Not sure if they will do it with this one but as they did the second one you could play the parts that were done. Sort of a closed beta for feedback for them.

I saw the power washing game and I really contemplated it. I was afraid I'd get sucked into it and waste too much time on a damn game about power washing lol. I feel like that's an OCD nightmare.
good move on your part. I've definitely sunk way too much time into it. Took me 3 days to clean a merry go round. Damn thing wouldn't stop moving.

• Haha
All Diablo games are the same.

Probably the best story game I have played. And the game is insanely hard as you mention. The story freaking grabs you by the snarglies though, wait until you get further in. I do wonder how the TV show will present the start of that one. I wont spoil it for those who dont know but if you are a fan of the show, and have not played the games, you are in for a pretty large surprise early in season two.

Sometimes you just need mindless shit to take your mind off of things. No harm in that my man.

yea I was thinking about that for the second season. Without giving anything away, maybe they change the whole story? Or maybe it's a lot of flashbacks similar to in the game? I just have a hard time believing they go the route the game took. Won't say anything else for spoiler purposes.

yea I was thinking about that for the second season. Without giving anything away, maybe they change the whole story? Or maybe it's a lot of flashbacks similar to in the game? I just have a hard time believing they go the route the game took. Won't say anything else for spoiler purposes.

They will lose the entire core audience if they try and pull that shit. Its a massive part of the second game/story. Its the entire reason behind it ffs lol. No way they can alter it. You mentioned you have not played the first one, the first season of the show is quite nearly the entire game with very few alterations. Most of the dialog is straight from the game word for word. The only real change is the Bill episode. None of that takes place, but its implied. And the town he runs is a gauntlet of traps and infected. Nothing like the way they present it as some nice place he just puts a fence around lol.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
🤣 over here cracking up at the notion that Lurker can read.
Screenshot-20240313-101142-Chrome.jpg

They will lose the entire core audience if they try and pull that shit. Its a massive part of the second game/story. Its the entire reason behind it ffs lol. No way they can alter it. You mentioned you have not played the first one, the first season of the show is quite nearly the entire game with very few alterations. Most of the dialog is straight from the game word for word. The only real change is the Bill episode. None of that takes place, but its implied. And the town he runs is a gauntlet of traps and infected. Nothing like the way they present it as some nice place he just puts a fence around lol.

yea I went and watched all the cut scenes from the first game so I see what you're saying.

But without spoilers it just seems like a marketing nightmare if they go the route of the game.

Reactions: Deepelm
yea I went and watched all the cut scenes from the first game so I see what you're saying.

But without spoilers it just seems like a marketing nightmare if they go the route of the game.

I dont know man, but it will be interesting to see how they present it. I also wonder how they will squeeze the whole second game into a 12 episode season. They may have to stretch it into a third and final season, which would not hurt my feelings at all.

Anyone still watching halo? I gave up midway through the first season but heard good things about the second season.

I have been meaning to check this one out. I never got into the games but actually read the books back shortly before the games came out.

Is anyone currently watching Shogun? It feels like it's getting to the end of character development and stuff is about to go down.

Is anyone currently watching Shogun? It feels like it's getting to the end of character development and stuff is about to go down.
I refuse to watch because of the under representation of black people in the cast. Yes, that's an article I saw online the other day. Apparently there were about 3 black people in Japan back then so someone is mad there's no black people in the game.

• Haha
Reactions: I am stupid
I refuse to watch because of the under representation of black people in the cast. Yes, that's an article I saw online the other day. Apparently there were about 3 black people in Japan back then so someone is mad there's no black people in the game.
Y'all are missing out.

@tw3301 have you played The Finals? It's free. I've been having a blast on it. Funnest shooter I've played in awhile.
Haven't heard of it but I will give it a shot. Still playing Baldurs Gate, takes like 80 hours for a playthrough and there are a bunch of different ways to play it.

Haven't heard of it but I will give it a shot. Still playing Baldurs Gate, takes like 80 hours for a playthrough and there are a bunch of different ways to play it.

It's fun. You can play a Light, Medium, or Heavy build. Each class has like 8 different weapons to choose from, 3 different specializations, and a bunch of different gadgets (mines, grenades, ziplines, etc..).

There's three teams with three people on each team. You have to unlock the objective, take it to a cash out station and defend it from being stolen. It's like a mix of battlefield and apex if I had to compare it to something.

Let me know what you think if you try it.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT