ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

The killer on Netflix was alright, if you can get through the first 20 minutes which are the most boring in movie history.

Finally "won" at Dead Cells. Only took me over 160 attempts lol.

What an amazing game. Hard to say what was better between this and Hades, both were amazing.

Will probably keep at it cause I still have about 1000 things to unlock + there is 3 DLCs that are all supposed to be great.

What's the greatest video game of all time?

I loved Commedor 64, Atari's Pitfall, Qber,t Joust. and NES. Halo is up there. Super Mario Cart is up there.

Ii like games today, but can't help to think of the orgins.

What's the one game I had the most fun for maximum hours and still would play today?

FYI, if you play Diablo 4, my Ex wife apparently worked on the game! Pretty cool actually. She even got a dungeon named after her, although they did misspell Liar.

20231203-210546.jpg

What's the greatest video game of all time?

I loved Commedor 64, Atari's Pitfall, Qber,t Joust. and NES. Halo is up there. Super Mario Cart is up there.

Ii like games today, but can't help to think of the orgins.

What's the one game I had the most fun for maximum hours and still would play today?
I never was one to go back and play games after the first go around. But I would this. I may have to get a Quest just to do this.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lies of P was the best game I played in 2023.
you must not have played a lot of games. Nothing against Lies of P, but it's not even in the running for GOTY in this stacked 2023.

Best Game I played was Zelda followed by RE4 and then for me Deal Cells even though it's a 5 year old game. Haven't played Spidey or Mario Wonder yet, but they are in my Q.

I'm on xbox so that eliminates a lot of the GOTY contestants. I'll play Alan Wake 2 and the RE4 remake eventually. I'm sure I'll try Baldurs Gate 3 when it comes to xbox but that's not my favorite style of game.

I love the Dark Souls genre and Lies of P was up there as one of the best. Great game. I'm playing Remnant II right now. It's kind of disappointing. Not nearly as good as the first one.

I'm on xbox so that eliminates a lot of the GOTY contestants. I'll play Alan Wake 2 and the RE4 remake eventually. I'm sure I'll try Baldurs Gate 3 when it comes to xbox but that's not my favorite style of game.

I love the Dark Souls genre and Lies of P was up there as one of the best. Great game. I'm playing Remnant II right now. It's kind of disappointing. Not nearly as good as the first one.
Yeah I am an Xbox guy and can't figure out where all these amazing games are from 2023. Starfield was cool for about 3 hours, other than that I'm replaying old games. Will be buying Baldurs gate 3 because the hype is game of the year level and I need something. My kid is getting an Xbox for Christmas so we may be doing some coop.

Yeah I am an Xbox guy and can't figure out where all these amazing games are from 2023. Starfield was cool for about 3 hours, other than that I'm replaying old games. Will be buying Baldurs gate 3 because the hype is game of the year level and I need something. My kid is getting an Xbox for Christmas so we may be doing some coop.
that's why you gotta be a loser like me and have every system and no kids. When my 3 nephews/niece come over and ask to play with my toys I tell them no, but they are allowed to come into the room one at a time and look at all the game systems.

started Super Mario Wonder. not sure if it's the game for me, not feeling the side scrolling platform love these days.

If you are an open world RPG fan, the Avatar game is really good so far. Probably got 4 hours or so into it last night. The prettiest game I have ever played and it isnt close. And the interactions with the world are pretty cool as well. YMMV of course.

If you are an open world RPG fan, the Avatar game is really good so far. Probably got 4 hours or so into it last night. The prettiest game I have ever played and it isnt close. And the interactions with the world are pretty cool as well. YMMV of course.

Getting pretty meh reviews everywhere, 7/10 territory. Sounds like a pretty typical and bland Ubisoft Open world game.

if you like turn based combat and games that focus on relationships I'm sure you'll love it I personally think it sounds super ****ing gay.
I don't love turn based combat, the southpark games were good despite that though. Ive got about 3 hours into it, this game is going to take forever to complete. Took me about an hour to decide how to create my character, there's a million different options- including how much pubic hair you want.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I don't love turn based combat, the southpark games were good despite that though. Ive got about 3 hours into it, this game is going to take forever to complete. Took me about an hour to decide how to create my character, there's a million different options- including how much pubic hair you want.

I haven't played The Fractured But Hole yet but the first South Park turn based game was so fun. I need to play the 2nd one.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness
If you like rpg games get Baldurs Gate. It can be tedious and it's very dense, would recommend watching some YouTube video guides on character builds and party makeup while beginning. I enjoy it, there's a lot to do and it takes a lot of time to do just about anything. The turn based combat doesn't bother me, there are plenty of strategies that come into play that way. It's not easy, I'm playing on standard difficulty and id recommend saving often. I don't know shit about d&d but it's made me look into it a bit. Fun game with a ton of shit to do, wake up call for the big game companies making very limited rpg games

If you like rpg games get Baldurs Gate. It can be tedious and it's very dense, would recommend watching some YouTube video guides on character builds and party makeup while beginning. I enjoy it, there's a lot to do and it takes a lot of time to do just about anything. The turn based combat doesn't bother me, there are plenty of strategies that come into play that way. It's not easy, I'm playing on standard difficulty and id recommend saving often. I don't know shit about d&d but it's made me look into it a bit. Fun game with a ton of shit to do, wake up call for the big game companies making very limited rpg games

I doubt I'll ever play it because I just really dont like turned based (other than South Park). But glad you're enjoying it. Remnant 2 has gotten better. Still not as good as the first one but it's a really good game.

I doubt I'll ever play it because I just really dont like turned based (other than South Park). But glad you're enjoying it. Remnant 2 has gotten better. Still not as good as the first one but it's a really good game.
If you don't like RPGs don't get it, if turn based combat is the only detractor... get it. I dislike turn based combat but actually enjoy this.

I hated no man's sky, if someone plays it and it's worth a **** let me know. I watched the video game awards, which were awful, and saw this trailer... meh.
The problem with NMS, beside the epic fail of a Launch, was that it was boring as hell. But the core of what they built was interesting. If they can make a better story, I would love to spend more time in their games.

Reactions: tw3301
Started season 2 of Jack Reacher last night. Looks like it should be a fun season just like the first one. Perfect casting for Reacher helps

started Diablo 4 over the weekend. So far not a fan. Which is a shame because it's one of my all time favorite genres, love the isometric dungeon crawler looter shooter RPG.

But as a solo player only this game is tough to stomach in parts. For me the biggest deal breaker is that you can't pause your game in the middle and come back to it hours or a day later and still be at the same spot. It kicks you back to the town. I HATE that. I like to play games at my own speed and usually that means playing for a half hour here, 45 minutes there and stopping whenever I want to go do other things.

Also so far the combat doesn't feel very interactive. Feels like I'm just watching dice being rolled as opposed to being actively involved in the combat. maybe that feeling goes away as I get more into the game.

started Diablo 4 over the weekend. So far not a fan. Which is a shame because it's one of my all time favorite genres, love the isometric dungeon crawler looter shooter RPG.

But as a solo player only this game is tough to stomach in parts. For me the biggest deal breaker is that you can't pause your game in the middle and come back to it hours or a day later and still be at the same spot. It kicks you back to the town. I HATE that. I like to play games at my own speed and usually that means playing for a half hour here, 45 minutes there and stopping whenever I want to go do other things.

Also so far the combat doesn't feel very interactive. Feels like I'm just watching dice being rolled as opposed to being actively involved in the combat. maybe that feeling goes away as I get more into the game.
Diablo is a game that doesn't really start until after you beat the story. And even then, its about grinding for gear and min-maxxing you characters. I think it's actually good for 45 min play sessions because once you get to the end game you can grind for a bit and then take breaks. It's a different style of game compared to most. Did you ever play D2 or D3?

Diablo is a game that doesn't really start until after you beat the story. And even then, its about grinding for gear and min-maxxing you characters. I think it's actually good for 45 min play sessions because once you get to the end game you can grind for a bit and then take breaks. It's a different style of game compared to most. Did you ever play D2 or D3?
I played D3, but I only play the campaign. No interest in the post game stuff. I like to play a character on normal and then do new game + with the same character at a higher difficulty. But it also looks like there is no new game + as of now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT