ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday epic UNC vs Uconn Game thread

the jesus win GIF

• Love
Reactions: IUfanBorden
I'm as ready as I can get. I don't know what to expect but I'm not to confident in my Heels to pull this one out.

Playing UConn in MSG is a damn near a home game for them so I'll be happy if we keep the score close.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I'm as ready as I can get. I don't know what to expect but I'm not too confident in my Heels to pull this one out.

Playing UConn in MSG is a damn near a home game for them so I'll be happy if we keep the score close.
IU fans easily outnumbered UConn fans at MSG. IU travels extremely well but I assume UNC does as well??

I'm as ready as I can get. I don't know what to expect but I'm not to confident in my Heels to pull this one out.

I like this team a lot more than last years. They move the ball better and get much better shots as a result.

But I still don’t trust them. I’m hoping for a W but I think we’re probably looking at an L. I live in this area and there are tons of UConn fans.

IU easily outnumbered UConn

IU fans easily outnumbered UConn fans at MSG. IU travels extremely well but I assume UNC does as well??
I guess we’ll see. I’m assuming the Illinois fans stick around and cheer for UConn. I have some friends who went to school there and they still seem pretty bitter about 2005.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I like this team but they are pretty weak defensively. They will have to make a lot of threes against a good three point defensive team to stay close.

Even as an Illini fan, I have no problem admitting Indiana fans are for more loyal than the average fan base; most fan bases’ enthusiasms go up and down wildly based on how good the current team is. I imagine UConn fans are WAY more energetic with a top 10 team coming off of a National Championship. They’ll show up way better than last year, and it will be over 75% UConn fans.

Check that, sounds like a great turnout by UNC fans. Would love to see a poll of NYC Area Tar Heels fans asking what college football team they cheer for. 🙄

That T was garbage. Their little white dude yells and screams and starts crap and just gets to casually talk to the ref. Bacot yells and they T him up.

UNC can't stop a YMCA team and continues to play mid major level players so it makes little difference though.

I can’t nail down UConn’s shooting. Guys like Newton, Diarra, Karaban and Spencer all seem to have pretty good strokes. And after watching them seemingly like 5-6 buzzer beater 3s last week I felt like they are a good shooting team. But the numbers say otherwise outside of that game.

Still a very very good team, but their inconsistency from outside will likely be what hurts them if they end up losing in March.

It's just too easy for any competent coach to design a gameplan to get anything you want against UNC. Defense has been garbage for three years.

Reactions: ThePhog08
I’m from NC but live up here now.

I suffer through football season with UNC and the Panthers.
Haha, I don’t doubt many (most?) UNC hoops fans are legit like you, my man. However, Blue Blood teams inevitably pick up fans from every corner of the country … their state populations alone could not lead to the clearly massive fan bases they have. And as a man, I’ll never respect the Duke hoops/Alabama football types. Scum of the Earth!

I can’t nail down UConn’s shooting. Guys like Newton, Diarra, Karaban and Spencer all seem to have pretty good strokes. And after watching them seemingly like 5-6 buzzer beater 3s last week I felt like they are a good shooting team. But the numbers say otherwise outside of that game.

Still a very very good team, but their inconsistency from outside will likely be what hurts them if they end up losing in March.
Spencer is a great shooter and Newton can shoot. They’ll take most of their threes. I don’t think shooting will be a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepelm
So many chances to get back into it and missing bunnies. Pretty frustrating.

I’m sorry Hubert Davis is not a good coach. They don’t defend and run too much hero offense and chucking shots. His teams will not beat well coached teams unless they are hot.

Reactions: KUhawks34
I’m sorry Hubert Davis is not a good coach. They don’t defend and run too much hero offense and chucking shots. His teams will not beat well coached teams unless they are hot.

Eh, the offense is fine IMO. They created a ton of open looks but guys aren't making them. They are somewhat restricted by the size of their guards there though.

They suck on defense and at basic fundamental stuff like boxing out and throwing the ball in though so yeah, that's on the staff. Like you said, any decently coached team will score pretty easily on them. They badly need someone else to take over the defense and then just do easy stuff like box out. It's infuriating they can't even do the fundamental stuff.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I couldn't watch live. Re watching and 10 minutes in I want to punch RJ Davis, silly azz shot selection. Try to run nba one on one offense and turn it over. And man Hubert D can't coach D.

UNC had great energy to start and then the lack of bball IQ kicked in.

I couldn't watch live. Re watching and 10 minutes in I want to punch RJ Davis, silly azz shot selection. Try to run nba one on one offense and turn it over. And man Hubert D can't coach D.

UNC had great energy to start and then the lack of bball IQ kicked in.
This is what I’m seeing. He’s trying to run an NBA offense with college personnel. If shots are falling it looks beautiful. If not or well coached teams know how to defend it, it becomes very 1v1 hero ball with guards chucking shots.

It seems he doesn’t adjust to his personnel. With a good shooting 4 man it’s incredibly difficult to defend. Otherwise you see what happened last year.

Over time. Hopefully he learns how to run offense to his current personnel. And for god sakes, like Cornfly said, get someone who can coach defense. It’s almost like their effort level is all reserved for the offensive end. If this team would defend they have the horses to compete for a ship.

Reactions: Erock-conn
ADVERTISEMENT