ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

It’s a no brainer honestly. He has a solid PG, best coach in the biz, and 7 figures to boot.

No one is paying HD 7 figures to play at Kansas.

I’ve heard it has definitely been discussed by NIL fundraisers.

If you’re assuming that KU doesn’t have a very competitive NIL collective, you’re mistaken.

Reactions: forsh_21

If you’re assuming that KU doesn’t have a very competitive NIL collective, you’re mistaken.
I think he is sayng---HD isn't worth 7 figures. And he's right.

I think he is sayng---HD isn't worth 7 figures. And he's right.

They want him pretty badly, so he’s worth whatever it takes to pull him away from MD.

And lesser players have reportedly gotten NIL deals in that range.

Our home board says you guys got Nickelberry from Lasalle/Louisvile. He can shoot it and score.

We did. Hired his cousin as assistant coach (was previously at Georgetown and LSU). I liked Nickelberry a lot out of high school. Seems like he’s developed his shot nicely.

He sure is. Now working on....

Matthew Cleveland
John Hugley
Caleb Grill
Avery Anderson

Athletically, Cleveland would be a great fit in Morgantown. Mentally, I’m not sure he can handle Huggy Bear as a coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: doogie503
The ship with DaRon Holmes has allegedly sailed. Duke will have Kadin Shedrick visiting in 2 weeks, but he's supposed to be the backup plan.

There will allegedly be an impact big enter the portal this week that Duke should be targeting. Not sure who, but my guess is Adem Bona. 7'3 Spanish big man and future 1st Rounder, Aday Mara, could very well be committing to UCLA soon. Thus, Bona entering the portal wouldn't be completely shocking.

Reactions: tw3301

No. I am saying he isnt that good and 7 figures for a stiff is pretty stupid.

A little trolling for KU guys lol KSR rumor, emphasis rumor, that HD wants to be at Kentucky but watching what Oscar does. If Oscar wants to come back, you have to let him. But Oscar is not going to get the minutes he has had before. The young guys have to be developed and Oscar is just not good defensively or kicking the ball out when he has it. He can't sit in the middle and clog up the lanes for DJ and Dillingham.

Livingston and Oscar has hampered any signing in the portal. I'm sure there's some options behind the scenes but time will tell.

Jaylon Tyson just entered the portal. Not sure what the deal is but someone is going to get a potential star wing.

Enormous talent. He'll likely have 3 different coaches in 3 years. Ole Miss is a possibility, but I'd guess Baylor or Houston cash in on this.

Arkansas has now picked up transfer commitments from El Ellis, Tramon Mark, Khalif Battle, Keyon Menifield, and Jeremiah Davenport.

Musselman is doing some serious work in the portal. That's gotta be the #1 transfer class right now.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
Arkansas has now picked up transfer commitments from El Ellis, Tramon Mark, Khalif Battle, Keyon Menifield, and Jeremiah Davenport.

Musselman is doing some serious work in the portal. That's gotta be the #1 transfer class right now.
Musselman has always been the transfer guru.

Reactions: dukedevilz

They also have a 5* FR PG coming in. Some guys are making some $. But it will be interesting to see how you keep that many happy. These things typically work themselves out but that is a lot of guards.

No. I am saying he isnt that good and 7 figures for a stiff is pretty stupid.

The top rated player in the portal isn’t very good. Well, damn. I’d better make sure this information gets to Self before he does something stupid.

What would actually be stupid is passing on the opportunity to land a good player that fills a need because the asking price is slightly higher than somebody’s valuation. THAT would be really dumb.

The top rated player in the portal isn’t very good. Well, damn. I’d better make sure this information gets to Self before he does something stupid.

What would actually be stupid is passing on the opportunity to land a good player that fills a need because the asking price is slightly higher than somebody’s valuation. THAT would be really dumb.
No offense, but your first sentence is stupid. Who cares if he is the top rated guy in the portal. Rate him against his performance and his teams performance.

I don’t see it and wouldn’t want him at Duke. Clemson,,yes, Duke, no.

We did. Hired his cousin as assistant coach (was previously at Georgetown and LSU). I liked Nickelberry a lot out of high school. Seems like he’s developed his shot nicely.
He had injuries at Louisville throw his stats out when he was a Card. He got some minutes but a scorer can't impact as a 5-10 mpg fill in.

Reactions: GE Nole

You shouldn't care about how much $ he gets it's not like you're paying it.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
They also have a 5* FR PG coming in. Some guys are making some $. But it will be interesting to see how you keep that many happy. These things typically work themselves out but that is a lot of guards.

A lot of guards, indeed!

Guess if you're a college basketball coach you partly have to ignore the reality of limited minutes and just think, "I don't care about making players 10-13 happy. I just want to put together the best team possible. The more talent I bring here, the better odds we have of winning." If you bring in 6-7 guards, you figure 3-4 of them will be significantly impactful.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Enormous talent. He'll likely have 3 different coaches in 3 years. Ole Miss is a possibility, but I'd guess Baylor or Houston cash in on this.
I am hoping K-State can get in on him. His lead recruiter out of HS was Ulric Maligi and he is now the top assistant at K-State. He could take over the Keyontae Johnson role for the 'Cats.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I am hoping K-State can get in on him. His lead recruiter out of HS was Ulric Maligi and he is now the top assistant at K-State. He could take over the Keyontae Johnson role for the 'Cats.

Tyson is going to be a stud next year. He's got the tools to be a 1st Team All-Conference performer. Which, in the Big 12, makes you at least borderline All-American. Will be a big-time pickup for whoever gets him.

Reactions: KisteK and mobcat
Steven Ashworth will be announcing soon. 100% expect Creighton to be the team. That should solidify them as a preseason top 10 team.

Reactions: englandnu
A lot of guards, indeed!

Guess if you're a college basketball coach you partly have to ignore the reality of limited minutes and just think, "I don't care about making players 10-13 happy. I just want to put together the best team possible. The more talent I bring here, the better odds we have of winning." If you bring in 6-7 guards, you figure 3-4 of them will be significantly impactful.
We are a legit center away from "on-paper title" contention.

If they buy in, we are for real. We supposedly have around 6mil in NiL monies available.

No offense, but your first sentence is stupid. Who cares if he is the top rated guy in the portal. Rate him against his performance and his teams performance.

I don’t see it and wouldn’t want him at Duke. Clemson,,yes, Duke, no.

Is it as stupid as pretending that someone who probably rarely watches him knows more than those who grade players for a living?

He’s a decorated player who averaged 19 and 9 in a solid league. Not sure why any fan should care if he gets a slightly bigger bag than some expect. Do you think there’s a cap?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT