ADVERTISEMENT

Do Arkansas fans actually think Cal will succeed there?

Uh…comparing the NFL to CBB? First of all, there’s a little thing called a salary cap.
Just saying. Money is Money. Sometimes you need to stay out of the business, and let the ones you hire run things. Seems everything Jerry touches, sports related, stalls. Anyway, if he is doubling the money for J.Q. he better come up with a couple more mil. But is a 16 year old worth it?

Just saying. Money is Money. Sometimes you need to stay out of the business, and let the ones you hire run things. Seems everything Jerry touches, sports related, stalls. Anyway, if he is doubling the money for J.Q. he better come up with a couple more mil. But is a 16 year old worth it?
Quaintance already cut Arkansas. He's going to Memphis, imo.

seth meyers get help GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Get a gf. One. Ever.

I’m currently trying to tether my emotions with the announcement that this guy, Quaintance has cut Arkansas. I may need some time though.

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
I’m currently trying to tether my emotions with the announcement that this guy, Quaintance has cut Arkansas. I may need some time though.
Probably for the best. From what I can tell, this kid is poison. He's only in it for a big payday and you better believe he will hit the portal again after the season and ask for another big payday, because he showed potential in a couple of games.
He's 16 years old, why anyone would pay him 2 million bucks, is crazy to me. This kid has no idea what seasoned college bigs will do to him in the paint, but any coach worth his salt should know.

Reactions: fleckabelly
Why do I need to buy the cow when I can get the milk for free?

Kentucky fans are right. I am pretty upset with all of this recruiting success. It has taken me out of my comfort zone of lowered expectations. :p

HawgPound, what’s up, killer?!

The b-ball forum is where it’s at in ‘24/25. Recruit your pals and tell ‘em to buckle up!😆

Why do I need to buy the cow when I can get the milk for free?

Kentucky fans are right. I am pretty upset with all of this recruiting success. It has taken me out of my comfort zone of lowered expectations. :p
I'm sure it will be hard adjusting to a squad full of lottery picks. You'll manage.

I'm sure it will be hard adjusting to a squad full of lottery picks. You'll manage.

Oh yeah it’s great.

Until one or more of them don’t live up to their preseason hype and Cal continues to start them over better players and throws games and seasons because of it.

And then those guys leave for the nba anyways. So you get no return on Cal’s “loyalty” to them.

46fba8710a12f9bc5fe3106ac528d6e1.jpg

Arky is now the new growing power in the west. Now with the reduced threat from the north Vol forces need to redeploy westerly stat.
The only thing that tank is good for is to volunteer to take on the first round of mortar shells so the others can do all the work.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
The only thing that tank is good for is to volunteer to take on the first round of mortar shells so the others can do all the work.
Don't worry Jeff, I know you lost a HOF coach and a bunch of lottery picks and are pretty much a waste land, but Arky will have to fight Barnes to get to y'all. We will shelter you a much as we can. As you know Barnes knows how handle Cal, so take some comfort in that. :p

Don't worry Jeff, I know you lost a HOF coach and a bunch of lottery picks and are pretty much a waste land, but Arky will have to fight Barnes to get to y'all. We will shelter you a much as we can. As you know Barnes knows how handle Cal, so take some comfort in that. :p
Definitely no worry here, things are about to get restored in the SEC.

Definitely no worry here, things are about to get restored in the SEC.
Again, stand behind be Jeff. If Arky fans come at you, Cal's 5 stars are powerless against the Orange.

Again, stand behind be Jeff. If Arky fans come at you, Cal's 5 stars are powerless against the Orange.
Predictably, Arkansas fans were fast out of the gate, but I predict their activity on message boards will be short lived.

Predictably, Arkansas fans were fast out of the gate, but I predict their activity on message boards will be short lived.
This thread was started by a UK fan Jeff. The Arky fans on here were only cajoled into action after several UK fan promptings. It was more of UK fans starting it and then blaming Arky fans for it.

This thread was started by a UK fan Jeff. The Arky fans on here were only cajoled into action after several UK fan promptings. It was more of UK fans starting it and then blaming Arky fans for it.
There are other boards

I am usually on Sound off during the football season and pop in on this board now and then to lurk. I have been doing that for years. It was a Kentucky fan that called on Arkansas fans to comment so I did. I will probably continue to comment now and then but please understand that anything I say on message boards is tongue-in-cheek 95% of the time. Life is too short to take internet BS seriously.

That being said, I was disappointed when Muss left. Getting a coach like Cal is probably the best outcome any school could hope for when looking for a replacement. No way in hell am I going to be disappointed in the hire. WooPigSooie!

I say on message boards is tongue-in-cheek 95% of the time. Life is too short to take internet BS seriously.
There is nothing better in life than positivity. It doesn't take any effort to be negative.

the dumbest of dumbf*cks can shit on stuff. Unfortunately, that's just how some ppl are.

They could probably turn that wit upside down and make folks laugh.

But seriously back to your point, it's crazy some get upset or think they upset ppl by words on a message board.

98780bc2-d586-4b5a-a694-824bbfcf1209_text.gif

Last edited:
When I lived in Columbus, I became a fan of their team due to friends. Same with Arkansas, living here made me a fan of them, even more so now Calipari's went from Memphis, UK to Arkansas.

Never lived in N. Carolina, but after roommates and friends I met, huge fan of them as well.

Never understood disliking teams.

I am usually on Sound off during the football season and pop in on this board now and then to lurk. I have been doing that for years. It was a Kentucky fan that called on Arkansas fans to comment so I did. I will probably continue to comment now and then but please understand that anything I say on message boards is tongue-in-cheek 95% of the time. Life is too short to take internet BS seriously.

That being said, I was disappointed when Muss left. Getting a coach like Cal is probably the best outcome any school could hope for when looking for a replacement. No way in hell am I going to be disappointed in the hire. WooPigSooie!
Cal would be great if he would coach to win instead of coaching for idividual goals and accomplishments. He's changed. You’re not getting the 2009-2019 version of Cal, you're getting a guy that believes his job is to be a players agent and thinks he's God. You don't have to trust what I say, just look at his results since the 2019 E8 loss to Auburn.
Muss had a bad year, but other than that, he was better than this version of Calipari, by a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawgPound
Like what, their home board?

Aren’t you always saying that you can’t judge Kentucky fans by the 3 zillion posters at Rafters?
There are several over on RR acting like smart asses. They weren't posting over there prior to Cal's hire.
If they were consistent and not just flashes in the pan, I would feel differently, but these guys are. like the South carolina and Auburn fans on here, they only post when their teams are winning.

Arkansas lands Aidoo, and it sounds like Davis and Garrison are on the way. Damn…they might be building a monster.

ADVERTISEMENT