ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

Oscar returning to UK is the word on the street. He better work on the D before next season.
Dollar wise it makes sense for him. Team wise he just doesn't fit, offensively or defensively. You think Cal will play split time at the 4 with him and go after HD or pursue another 4?

Dollar wise it makes sense for him. Team wise he just doesn't fit, offensively or defensively. You think Cal will play split time at the 4 with him and go after HD or pursue another 4?
That's a great question. Honestly, I'm torn on wanting him back. How can anyone not want the best rebounder in the modern era?
How does he fit with the talent coming in?
Next year will be fast paste.

Syracuse picked up JJ Starling last month. And yesterday, they received a commitment from Auburn's Chance Westry. Considering they had very modest NIL money available, those are two very solid pickups.

Syracuse picked up JJ Starling last month. And yesterday, they received a commitment from Auburn's Chance Westry. Considering they had very modest NIL money available, those are two very solid pickups.

Yeah I like their roster assuming they can hold onto Mintz. They'll still probably go 10-10 in the ACC though.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
Yeah I like their roster assuming they can hold onto Mintz. They'll still probably go 10-10 in the ACC though.

lol they always seem to find themselves in that 8/9 ACC Tournament matchup. Feels like you can already pencil them in there.

Reactions: jhmossy
Syracuse will be a giant wild card in the ACC with a first time HC.

For sure. They have talent, that's undeniable. Not sure how they'll all work together. But, the talent is definitely there.

I assume Judah Mintz is coming back, because he may not even get drafted. They could benefit from a really solid rim protector/rebounder, which they don't really have. Other than that, you gotta really like their starting unit.

Judah Mintz
JJ Starling
Chance Westry
Benny Williams/Chris Bell
Maliq Brown

Oscar returning to UK is the word on the street. He better work on the D before next season.

I know he is a former POY, but UK would be smart to move on.

Literally the same player he was day 1 at WVU. He can rebound like no other and run the floor... but plays no D and clogs everything up offensively.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Does that mean Trevon Brazile will mostly be used at the 4 - and Baye Fall is expected to come off the bench?
Honestly, I don't see Fall playing much this year. As it stands, TB, Mitchell, and Graham will get the minutes. But if we get H. Dickinson (unlikely imo) we will be a true contender.

Saw these two players in the portal within about an hour of each other...

Jack Clark (NC State) to Clemson
Ben Middlebrooks (Clemson) to NC State

I think Clemson won that trade.

I know nothing about this dude but nice to be adding people to the roster

He’s from WI. Never heard of him until this year.

We’re essentially adding the best players from the worst conferences. If we can get Jarin Stevenson to reclassify and join for 2023, then I feel a lot better about our roster than I have for the last few weeks.

Reactions: jwardelt
I know nothing about this dude but nice to be adding people to the roster

rohde.jpg

Never seen him play. But, I was looking at transfer rankings the other day and I was puzzled who this guy was. I mean, he's ranked ahead of both Tramon Mark and Jaden Bradley. He can't be a complete bum

His numbers will obviously come down in ACC play. The 32% 3-point shooting is a bit underwhelming, but gotta like the fact that he's connecting on close to 54% of his 2-poiners and 82% of his free throws. Players like that are much more likely to correct pedestrian shooting. Also gotta like the fact that he's only played 1 year of college basketball. Among freshmen, he was third in the nation in points per game. Seems like a quality pickup.

rohde.jpg

Never seen him play. But, I was looking at transfer rankings the other day and I was puzzled who this guy was. I mean, he's ranked ahead of both Tramon Mark and Jaden Bradley. He can't be a complete bum

His numbers will obviously come down in ACC play. The 32% 3-point shooting is a bit underwhelming, but gotta like the fact that he's connecting on close to 54% of his 2-poiners and 82% of his free throws. Players like that are much more likely to correct pedestrian shooting. Also gotta like the fact that he's only played 1 year of college basketball. Among freshmen, he was third in the nation in points per game. Seems like a quality pickup.

Also looks like he shot way better later in the season than earlier. He was shooting closer to 40% the last part of the season. His shot mechanics look pretty good to me. I also like his size. He’ll get stronger with our trainer too. Surprised he’s ranked over those two though. Makes me more excited.

rohde.jpg

It'll be a pretty good step up athletically from where he was to the ACC. I have my doubts on a lot of these former WI high school players stepping into the P5 conferences. We'll see how they all do next year.

We’re essentially adding the best players from the worst conferences. If we can get Jarin Stevenson to reclassify and join for 2023, then I feel a lot better about our roster than I have for the last few weeks.
Just stay away from Kon in '24. ****ing Bennett.

• Haha

What is UVA's NIL situation looking like?

Also looks like he shot way better later in the season than earlier. He was shooting closer to 40% the last part of the season. His shot mechanics look pretty good to me. I also like his size. He’ll get stronger with our trainer too. Surprised he’s ranked over those two though. Makes me more excited.

Yeah, that seems a little generous to have him ahead of important players on title contenders. But, if you're getting 3 years out of him, you could argue that your ROI provides a little better long-term investment.

I think I'll extend my transfer rankings out to 200 this year. And I'm sure I'll have Rohde on there somewhere, but I'm thinking he'll be a little lower on my rankings, maybe closer to 100 or so.

It'll be a pretty good step up athletically from where he was to the ACC. I have my doubts on a lot of these former WI high school players stepping into the P5 conferences. We'll see how they all do next year.
Tyler Herro
Jalen Johnson
Hauser

Show some respek to your home state!

Vols land USC Upstate transfer Jordan Gainey averaged 15.2 ppg as the best player on the team. He could be solid as role player I guess

upgrade or downgrade over Nebhard?
Good question. They are two very different point guards the jays will miss the driving ability of Nembhard, but Ashworth seems to have a great pull up jumper in the pick and roll game. He can open things up for his teammates. Both have about the same size and build it sounds like Nembhard is down to Gonzaga and Arizona. It seems like an odd move for him because Arizona already has an upcoming start at point guard in Boswell And I have a hard time believing that Gonzaga can offer that much more NIL money compared to Creighton. Also, the competition and game experience in the WCC is a huge downgrade from the Big East on average.

Timberlake just committed to KU. Kinda surprised. I'd been hearing UConn the last few days.

42% from three.

-Arterio Morris visiting now.
-Dickinson’s visit begins tomorrow.
-Ingram visits sometime the next week (currently in UNC though right now).

Timberlake the beginning of what could be a ton of dominoes falling over the next week for KU.

ADVERTISEMENT