ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten for next season

LOL. We are losing 6 players from this year's roster - 3 to graduation (Hauser, Huff, and Woldetensae) and 3 to transfer (Morsell, McKoy, and Abdur-Rahim). It's also possible that Trey Murphy will enter the draft. I know we'll get some transfers in but no one has agreed to join UVA so far. Without knowing who will be on the roster next year, UVA is nowhere near a top 10 team, even if Tony Bennett is still the coach.

Unrelated to the top 10, but I saw that Ryan Odom (UMBC) took the job at Utah State. Seems like a funny/awkward relationship with Marco Anthony running the show there.

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
Devin Askew is coming back so definitely not Kentucky
Nope, Askew is transferring.
happy-dance-icegif-8.gif

But they weren’t excellent this year. Idk. Top 10 just feels like a bit of a stretch to me. I’m thinking 12-15.

One could argue that Florida St wasn't excellent this year, and they bring back less. Yet you don't seem to have a problem with people ranking them highly.

Don't you generally expect returnees to improve?

KU finished 2nd in a good league and won 9 of 10 down the stretch, including beating Baylor by double digits. It's not like we're talking about a bottom-feeder.

They're likely bringing back players who averaged 14, 13, 12, and 10 ppg last year, and will probably add 1-2 more transfers/freshmen to a solid class. They also added a D-2 big who averaged 25 and 9. No idea what he'll contribute.

You're basically saying that this adds up to being about the same as this year. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Shaking in our boots down here in Tallahassee. You ended the season of a good, solid Sweet 16 type of team in the Sweet 16. I mean, that’s some impressive stuff.

Between y’all and Georgia Tech, I’m not sure which team I want to avoid more.

Maybe FSU can avoid our regions and make it’s first final four of your lifetime.

Reactions: RichardMassive
One could argue that Florida St wasn't excellent this year, and they bring back less. Yet you don't seem to have a problem with people ranking them highly.

Don't you generally expect returnees to improve?

KU finished 2nd in a good league and won 9 of 10 down the stretch, including beating Baylor by double digits. It's not like we're talking about a bottom-feeder.

They're likely bringing back players who averaged 14, 13, 12, and 10 ppg last year, and will probably add 1-2 more transfers/freshmen to a solid class. They also added a D-2 big who averaged 25 and 9. No idea what he'll contribute.

You're basically saying that this adds up to being about the same as this year. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

One, FSU was not excellent this year. No argument about it. That’s part of why I said FSU was a possibility. Didn’t have them as a lock like I had Michigan and Gonzaga.

Two, FSU’s incoming talent is a step above Kansas’ incoming talent.

Three, FSU was better than Kansas this past season. So while I do expect Kansas to improve, they are starting from a lower place. Kansas was a borderline top 25 team this season (30th on KenPom, 31st on Torvik).

So yeah, if I have FSU in the 8-12 range, Kansas in the 12-16 range feels appropriate.

We still have some work to do at pg lol. If Marcus Carr opts out of the draft, we got a good chance at landing him. Mintz might return as well as Jackson. We if we get all 3, then we're loaded and I like our chances at being top 5.

One, FSU was not excellent this year. No argument about it. That’s part of why I said FSU was a possibility. Didn’t have them as a lock like I had Michigan and Gonzaga.

Two, FSU’s incoming talent is a step above Kansas’ incoming talent.

Three, FSU was better than Kansas this past season. So while I do expect Kansas to improve, they are starting from a lower place. Kansas was a borderline top 25 team this season (30th on KenPom, 31st on Torvik).

So yeah, if I have FSU in the 8-12 range, Kansas in the 12-16 range feels appropriate.

It's funny that Pomeroy himself admitted his ratings were flawed this year, but people still quote it like gospel.

KU fell about 10 spots after the last game alone. A game in which their best player had a broken foot and another of their best barely played. But dead-on ratings, I'm sure.

FSU had worse losses and less impressive wins. The worst team KU lost to was an 8 seed that spent several weeks in the top 10.

Illinois brought back roughly the same amount of production from last year and they went from an average team to a 1 seed. Similar situation for Iowa. Michigan lost their top two players from last year and still made a massive leap.

Last edited:
It's funny that Pomeroy himself admitted his ratings were flawed this year, but people still quote it like gospel.

KU fell about 10 spots after the last game alone. A game in which their best player had a broken foot and another of their best barely played. But dead-on ratings, I'm sure.

FSU had worse losses and less impressive wins. The worst team KU lost to was an 8 seed that spent several weeks in the top 10.

Illinois brought back roughly the same amount of production from last year and they went from an average team to a 1 seed. Similar situation for Iowa. Michigan lost their top two players from last year and still made a massive leap.

Notice I said borderline top 25 even though neither rating system had them in the top 25. I was giving them some benefit of the doubt. Top 22-28 type of team.

I’m not suggesting that the rating systems were perfect. But when FSU is 10-15 spots better in all of them...it’s fair to say they were a better team.

Notice I said borderline top 25 even though neither rating system had them in the top 25. I was giving them some benefit of the doubt. Top 22-28 type of team.

I’m not suggesting that the rating systems were perfect. But when FSU is 10-15 spots better in all of them...it’s fair to say they were a better team.

KU was in the Sagarin top 10 going into the last game and ended at 14.

Dropping 10 places after one game in which you weren't close to 100% shows how flawed the computers are. That rating isn't indicative of how they'd been playing for several weeks prior.

But I'm not even saying that I think KU was the better team. That wasn't the point, and it's immaterial anyway. From what I understand, FSU is losing at least two of its top three scorers, if not all three. KU is likely bringing back its top 3 and 6 of the top 7.

You said that you couldn't understand why KU would be top 10, and my point is that it's not hard to see why.

Isn't exactly crazy to expect a jump from a team that returns that much and adds a solid class (with more coming). It would seem crazier to expect more from teams that are losing their top talent. Not to mention programs that aren't routinely near the top like KU/Self.

Last edited:
I think it's KU's year next year

Dave McCormack
Jalen Wilson
Umude (south dakota transfer 21 ppg)
Ochai
Tyty Washington (freshman guess)

Hunter Dickinson, a true Freshman, has been to the Elite 8 as many times as the entire Florida State program in the past 25 years.

I wonder if he prays.

He’s a stud. Would have loved to see him in garnet and gold. If only we didn’t have to play Michigan for 25 years, we might have made it more.

KU was in the Sagarin top 10 going into the last game and ended at 14.

Dropping 10 places after one game in which you weren't close to 100% shows how flawed the computers are. That rating isn't indicative of how they'd been playing for several weeks prior.

But I'm not even saying that I think KU was the better team. That wasn't the point, and it's immaterial anyway. From what I understand, FSU is losing at least two of its top three scorers, if not all three. KU is likely bringing back its top 3 and 6 of the top 7.

You said that you couldn't understand why KU would be top 10, and my point is that it's not hard to see why.

Isn't exactly crazy to expect a jump from a team that returns that much and adds a solid class (with more coming). It would seem crazier to expect more from teams that are losing their top talent. Not to mention programs that aren't routinely near the top like KU/Self.

Yeah, FSU will be losing 2 starters and it’s 6th man for the second straight year. Last year it was two lottery picks and another NBA player. This year it’s probably just 1 lottery pick and one late first/early second rounder.

But we will definitely have to figure out a way to reload again, that’s for sure. Number 2 recruiting class and some baller transfers will hopefully help.

For Kansas I asked for someone to help me see what I was missing. You did. I’m appreciative. Before your posts I was thinking 15-20 for Kansas. But after yours it seems like 9-15 is probably more appropriate.

Lol yes I'm a fan but anyone who don't have WVU in top 10 after likely returning top 3 players(possibly 4) is just a hater.

Didn't Deuce put his name in the NBA draft? WVU prob moves up if him and Mcneil both return..

GE Nole tried to troll Michigan a few days before Michigan boat raced them. We have ended their season two of the past three years. Their program is historically dogshit and they can’t even beat us when we lose our 14ppg senior the week before the tournament.
[/

Hail thought he was being trolled. Can’t let go. Hater

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT