ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten for next season

Better put some Damn RESPEK on MICHIGANS name

I'm pretty sure he's giving em respek.

If he's right, you're losing almost everybody and will be relying heavily on freshmen. 12 is pretty generous.

I know that I am bias for my dislike of Kentucky, but what are people seeing in Kentucky?

Oscar T.
Damion Collins
Dontae Allen
Kellan Grady
Davion Mintz (looking very likely)
Nolan Hickman
Isaiah Jackson (unless his projections rise to lottery level)
Keion Brooks (only leaving if he gets promise of 1st round)
Jacob Toppin
Lance Ware

.....and look for the PG Carr from Minnesota to be headed to UK next.

That's what they see.

Oscar T.
Damion Collins
Dontae Allen
Kellan Grady
Davion Mintz (looking very likely)
Nolan Hickman
Isaiah Jackson (unless his projections rise to lottery level)
Keion Brooks (only leaving if he gets promise of 1st round)
Jacob Toppin
Lance Ware

.....and look for the PG Carr from Minnesota to be headed to UK next.

That's what they see.

Not quite sure I understand how or why really UK brought in Grady, are expecting mintz back, and are looking to bring in Carr.

Seems Carr or Grady one wouldn’t want to transfer to come off the bench but not like I can speak for them. I’m not very familiar with Grady, can he play the 3 as well. I know Carr and mintz are pretty comparable; combo guards that can score, and in Carr’s case, really score.

Also I don’t think Jackson will be back. I don’t know how he can improve his draft stock to lottery level with OT coming in, bc I don’t know if they can play alongside each other bc they have very similar skill sets. Plus just being another year older will dock his draft stock a bit. Guess we will have to wait and see. I’m honestly surprised he isn’t already projected lottery, bc he oozes athleticism and potential, but I guess the decline of the big man probably plays a part.

You also left off Hopkins (ughhhhhhhhhh) although he seems super buried in the log jam on the wings.

Also weird to see Cal after GTs after being so openly opposed to them for so long, but u either adapt or get left behind, I suppose.

Last edited:
Not quite sure I understand how or why really UK brought in Grady, are expecting mintz back, and are looking to bring in Carr.

Seems Carr or Grady one wouldn’t want to transfer to come off the bench but not like I can speak for them. I’m not very familiar with Grady, can he play the 3 as well. I know Carr and mintz are pretty comparable; combo guards that can score, and in Carr’s case, really score.

Also I don’t think Jackson will be back. I don’t know how he thinks he can improve his draft stock with OT coming in, and I don’t know if they can play alongside each other bc they have very similar skill sets. Plus just being another year older will dock his draft stock a bit. Guess we will have to wait and see.

You also left off Hopkins (ughhhhhhhhhh) although he seems super buried in the log jam on the wings.

Carr won't come off the bench if he comes to UK. He'll be the starting PG.
Jackson and his family are both saying he needs to be in the lottery projections to leave. Otherwise, it's back to UK.
Grady is a bona fide shooter/scorer.... started all 4 years, scored over 2,000 points. Cal playing 3 guards along w/2 bigs would offer him plenty of minutes. Allen too.

Really not sure what Bryce Hopkins' role will be..... no wonder I forgot about him.

Reactions: Villian07
Carr won't come off the bench if he comes to UK. He'll be the starting PG.
Jackson and his family are both saying he needs to be in the lottery projections to leave. Otherwise, it's back to UK.
Grady is a bona fide shooter/scorer.... started all 4 years, scored over 2,000 points. Cal playing 3 guards along w/2 bigs would offer him plenty of minutes. Allen too.

Really not sure what Bryce Hopkins' role will be..... no wonder I forgot about him.

Oh I know, Carr isn’t coming off the bench anywhere in college. Kid is a stud.

Gotcha on the interest though, I never really thought of running 3 guards with 2 bigs. I was trying to figure who would be the odd man out, but if cal runs a 3 guard system, their won’t be. I’m To oused to UK having a stud or two on the wings I suppose.

Regardless seems to be the makings of a really good roster.

Any idea on my Jackson/OT question. Do you think they can play on the court together? And if that is the plan, where does is leave brooks and Allen. First two off the bench. As well as Toppin. I know Collins is highly regarded but I can’t make any observations having never seen him play.

From the outside looking in it seems y’all have too many 4s/5s for the amount of mins to go around, if Jackson comes back. Good problem to have though.

Gotcha, I never really thought of running 3 guards with 2 bigs. I was trying to figure who would be the odd man out, but if cal runs a 3 guard system, their won’t be. I’m To oused to UK having a stud or two on the wings I suppose.

Regardless seems to be the makings of a really good roster.

Any idea on my Jackson/OT question. Do you think they can play on the court together? And if that is the plan, where does is leave brooks and Allen. First two off the bench. As well as Toppin. I know Collins is highly regarded but I can’t make any observations having never seen him play. a bit of a logjam at the 4/5

From the outside looking in it seems y’all have too many 4s/5s for the amount of mins to go around, if Jackson comes back. Good problem to have though.

Yeah, seeing a bit of a logjam at the 4/5 too, but I think OT and Jackson would be able to play together as the 2 bigs in that offense. Jackson started developing more of an offensive game late in the season... he didn't have to be within 6 feet of the rim to score. With all the names on this roster (if it comes to be the roster), depth certainly won't be an issue. I haven't seen Collins play yet, but hear that his 5 star rating is warranted.

Cal will definitely have to figure out a rotation. If he's ready to 'change' along with the way the game is changing, he will. It can't just be 7 or 8 guys that get the PT next year.

The unanimous Kansas love surprises me. Am I missing something?

Continuity is important. Especially with the massive overhaul many teams will be experiencing this summer. KU will have back 5-6 of their core players (only question mark right now is Ochai who may still declare for the draft) from this past season from a team that even with the awful loss to USC finished the season strong winning 9/10 before the tournament and had one of the best defenses the 2nd half of the season.

They still have some important holes though at PG and backup C so it will be hard for me to jump to the point of thinking they’ll be a title contender at the moment. Will have to see how they look once the season gets rolling next year. Honestly I think a ranking of anywhere between 8-15 is appropriate at the moment for KU.

Reactions: GE Nole and KisteK
Way, way too early to even reasonably forecast the top 10. Ridiculous amount of transfer talent is still available. More transfers to follow. Floodgates for early entrants will begin soon. But heck, why not. I'll take a stab.

1. Gonzaga
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
4. UCLA
5. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Purdue
8. Maryland
9. Kentucky
10. Villanova

Very good

Reactions: dukedevilz
Continuity is important. Especially with the massive overhaul many teams will be experiencing this summer. KU will have back 5-6 of their core players (only question mark right now is Ochai who may still declare for the draft) from this past season from a team that even with the awful loss to USC finished the season strong winning 9/10 before the tournament and had one of the best defenses the 2nd half of the season.

They still have some important holes though at PG and backup C so it will be hard for me to jump to the point of thinking they’ll be a title contender at the moment. Will have to see how they look once the season gets rolling next year. Honestly I think a ranking of anywhere between 8-15 is appropriate at the moment for KU.

Good stuff, thanks.

It sounds like they like Harris as starting PG. And the fact they seem to be prioritizing Washington over experienced transfers supports that, I think. Wouldn't be like Self to start a freshman over a player who's been in the system for two years, unless he's a superstar.

Not sure Washington's ready to step in and lead right away. Maybe they think he would be by the end of the year. Who knows.

I originally hoped to find a new PG, but I think I'd be good with Harris as long as they find another guard with ball skills who can shoot. Need to get back to having multiple ballhandlers on the court instead of a bunch of wings.

Yeah, seeing a bit of a logjam at the 4/5 too, but I think OT and Jackson would be able to play together as the 2 bigs in that offense. Jackson started developing more of an offensive game late in the season... he didn't have to be within 6 feet of the rim to score. With all the names on this roster (if it comes to be the roster), depth certainly won't be an issue. I haven't seen Collins play yet, but hear that his 5 star rating is warranted.

Cal will definitely have to figure out a rotation. If he's ready to 'change' along with the way the game is changing, he will. It can't just be 7 or 8 guys that get the PT next year.

Would also have to be one of Cals (experienced isn’t quite the word, tenured maybe)

What I mean is not the massive roster overhaul that happens at UK most season. Potentially returning 5-6 contributors, as opposed to only Brooks last season.

So is Collins a pure big ie 5 only or can he play some 4 as well. As far as OT and Jackson together, if they played with those 3 guards creating shots, they could probably chase down half of the offensive rebounds anyways. Both of those guys run like deer, cals just gotta get OTs motor to match Jackson’s. I like Jackson’s game a lot (if you couldn’t tell lol). He just need experience, he had some young mistakes last season, but it was fairly obvious he had the most raw talent on the team imo, and it wasn’t all raw, he was quite productive as well, just didn’t have much help.

I’m still shocked at how sorry Sarr turned out, dude was a player for wake. Guess he lacked that alpha mentality you need to be a leader of a program accustomed to being the best. Before the season I thought he was the missing piece from making uk a good team to a contender, bc I assumed Boston Clarke and askew would be as good as advertised. Never as happy to been wrong lol.

Granted we only saw Clarke for a few games but easier for a center like Jackson to succeed without a three ball than a SF/wing, even if they are equally insanely athletic. Size matters lol

Last edited:
It sounds like they like Harris as starting PG. And the fact they seem to be prioritizing Washington over experienced transfers supports that, I think. Wouldn't be like Self to start a freshman over a player who's been in the system for two years, unless he's a superstar.

Not sure Washington's ready to step in and lead right away. Maybe they think he would be by the end of the year. Who knows.

I originally hoped to find a new PG, but I think I'd be good with Harris as long as they find another guard with ball skills who can shoot. Need to get back to having multiple ballhandlers on the court instead of a bunch of wings.

So y’all took 2 pgs this class with the late addition of Pettiford? Or is Washington yet to commit? Or is he even a freshmen. Sorry with no first name mentioned google was not much help.

I haven't seen Collins play yet, but hear that his 5 star rating is warranted.

I don’t mean to offend you personally, and I’ve already admitted I don’t even know what the kid looks like, much less how good he is at basketball.......but I doubt many bbn insiders or national sources were telling anyone that BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke weren’t good enough to be warranted the 5 star burger boys they were out of high school. Then the season happened.

Point being no one is gonna be under hyping recruits when their business model is to sell subscriptions for “insider” recruiting info. Esp not right before they got to college.

Granted covid did this freshmen class no favors, but still those two happened to be overrated by everybody, from the rating sites, to college coaches, to even pro scouts who had them in their mock drafts before ever stepping foot in Lexington. While a kid like Jackson isn’t even a 5 star. You could think he could walk into a gym, get measured, do a vertical jump, sprint up and down the court once and automatically be given 5 stars.

Plus the last three McDAA Louisville landed all turned out to be underwhelming. Esp shaquaan aaron and VJ king, so I’m in the believe it when I see it camp when it comes to the “can’t miss” recruits.

So y’all took 2 pgs this class with the late addition of Pettiford? Or is Washington yet to commit? Or is he even a freshmen. Sorry with no first name mentioned google was not much help.

“TyTy” Washington. He’s a top 30ish freshman. He hasn’t committed. He seems to be their main target right now.

I don’t mean to offend you personally, and I’ve already admitted I don’t even know what the kid looks like, much less how good he is at basketball.......but I doubt many bbn insiders or national sources were telling anyone that BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke weren’t good enough to be warranted the 5 star burger boys they were out of high school. Then the season happened.

Point being no one is gonna be under hyping recruits when their business model is to sell subscriptions for “insider” recruiting info. Esp not right before they got to college.

Granted covid did this freshmen class no favors, but still those two happened to be overrated by everybody, from the rating sites, to college coaches, to even pro scouts who had them in their mock drafts before ever stepping foot in Lexington. While a kid like Jackson isn’t even a 5 star. You could think he could walk into a gym, get measured, do a vertical jump, sprint up and down the court once and automatically be given 5 stars.

Plus the last three McDAA Louisville landed all turned out to be underwhelming. Esp shaquaan aaron and VJ king, so I’m in the believe it when I see it camp when it comes to the “can’t miss” recruits.
No offense taken.... After the Boston/Clarke experience, I even want to turn down my optimism to a very cautious level. Did a quick search to see something descriptive about his game and found this from https://nbadraftroom.com/daimion-collins/ ...

"Daimion Collins is a quick, mobile, agile and springy post player who flashes truly elite upside. His growth over the past year has been astounding and he’s starting to look the part of a no.1 overall type of prospect. He doesn’t get most of the headlines in this stacked draft class but he’s got as much natural talent as any prospect out there.

Collins is a super long player with a reported 7-5 wingspan (and it shows). He’s also a quick twitch athlete who is fluid in his movements, has elite first and second jump and is simply a far superior athlete than any other player on the court.

He’s got a nice back to the basket game and can score over either shoulder. He shows a promising turn around jumper and range out to 3, plus a very soft touch. He’s got a natural shooting motion and projects as a 3pt threat in the league.

Defensively Collins is clearly the best shot blocker in his class, thanks in part to his quick leaping ability and excellent timing and instincts. His quickness of his feet and his freaky length are just devastating and he’s a highlight reel on the defensive end.

He’s got a lot of agility and lateral quickness allowing him to stay in front of ball handlers and he can switch onto wings and guard in space when needed."

....sounds great.... I'm hoping this is at least 75% accurate.

You all know what is going to happen. The Big Ten is going to have 4 teams in the top 10 next season!! Ball out bitches!!

And then we will all flame out in the tourney. :(
Like clockwork, an Iowa or Michigan homer will declare it the most brutal gauntlet in the history of sports when they lose to Northwestern in the conference opener.

I could see Gonzaga going undefeated next season... only to lose in the title game again. Should have a solid team, but Nembhard needs to toughen up a bit if he's going to be the lead guard on a championship team.

Well said about Nembhard. Baylor guards did exactly what Trent Forrest did to Nembhard for two years. Bullied him.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Well said about Nembhard. Baylor guards did exactly what Trent Forrest did to Nembhard for two years. Bullied him.

He looked so completely out of his element. Incredible passer, but it's a different ballgame when someone gets in your face and doesn't allow you to have open space like you're used to having.

Reactions: GE Nole

We took Jeremy Roach when we could have potentially had Jalen Suggs. That's when Duke's run of 24 consecutive trips to the tournament came to an abrupt end.

Yesufu definitely improves the outlook for KU. After they gave him the keys down the stretch, he scored 23/game and shot 44% from three. 26 vs USC in the tourney. Would have been nice to have him for the next round.

Last edited:

Collins is terribly thin. 6'9" 210 Nice shooting touch, good shot blocker and is very long. His motor didn't seem to be that high, but the dude has a quick bounce like Jackson. Cal's wanting some more depth inside and at guard. Lack of both last year hurt in a few games. But look how thin Jackson is, and he could hold his own. IDK lol, interesting year coming up.

Way, way too early to even reasonably forecast the top 10. Ridiculous amount of transfer talent is still available. More transfers to follow. Floodgates for early entrants will begin soon. But heck, why not. I'll take a stab.

1. Gonzaga
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
4. UCLA
5. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Purdue
8. Maryland
9. Kentucky
10. Villanova
Love your takes. I know mid-majors are hard to identify, especially right now. But if there were to be a couple mid-majors make a splash who are you looking at there? Other than Zags.

ADVERTISEMENT