ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten for next season

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
Prob too early, but have to think Zags, Michigan will def be in top five. Purdue perhaps top ten, same with Duke if they get Baldwin as well.

Reactions: duckboy33
With half of CBB seemingly in the transfer portal---its hard to tell. Gonzaga is always gonna be in Top 5 talks.

This makes it extremely difficult.

Gonzaga should be up there, especially if they land Holmgren. Duke will likely be up there because of their freshman class. UCLA has a lot returning and some good talent coming in. Michigan should be up there as well.

After that there a lot of teams that could be up there and we'll have to see what the final rosters look like. Some of those teams include but aren't limited to Ohio State, Purdue, Kansas, WV, Villanova, Oregon, Kentucky, Arkansas, Alabama and Baylor

Hard for me to see Duke in the top 10 unless they add more to their backcourt. But perhaps in the 8-10 range.

Gonzaga seems like a lock now but you never know who leaves after a title run.

Texas might be depending on who Beard brings in. Certainly a massive coaching upgrade.

Michigan would seem like a sure thing. Maybe Ohio State?

FSU would seem like a strong possibility as long as Polite or Balsa don’t leave.

Who does Bama have coming in?

I’m guessing Juzang declares for the draft. Jacquez? If he comes back UCLA too 10.

FSU loses several starters but adds Caleb Mills from Houston. Good incoming class. Top 10? Naw maybe 15.

I’m guessing Juzang declares for the draft. Jacquez? If he comes back UCLA too 10.

FSU loses several starters but adds Caleb Mills from Houston. Good incoming class. Top 10? Naw maybe 15.

I’m guessing we add AT LEAST one more transfer.

Way, way too early to even reasonably forecast the top 10. Ridiculous amount of transfer talent is still available. More transfers to follow. Floodgates for early entrants will begin soon. But heck, why not. I'll take a stab.

1. Gonzaga
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
4. UCLA
5. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Purdue
8. Maryland
9. Kentucky
10. Villanova

Way, way too early to even reasonably forecast the top 10. Ridiculous amount of transfer talent is still available. More transfers to follow. Floodgates for early entrants will begin soon. But heck, why not. I'll take a stab.

1. Gonzaga
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
4. UCLA
5. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Purdue
8. Maryland
9. Kentucky
10. Villanova

The entire Big 12 loses everyone basically.

Tech could return all but 1 player if we hire the right guy. If not, total rebuild.

OSU returns a lot except Cunningham.

That’s basically it.

1. Gonzaga
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
4. UCLA
5. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Purdue
8. Maryland
9. Kentucky
10. Villanova

Can’t argue too much based on current info. But you’re right, rosters are gonna likely look way different by May 1.

Tech could return all but 1 player if we hire the right guy. If not, total rebuild.

That’s basically it.

Way too early to tell. Obviously I would expect Baylor to lose Butler, Mitchell, and Teague. The big question mark might be Matthew Mayer. I've seen him in the late second round on some mocks. So, put him in with Adam Flagler, JTT, Cryer, Thamba, Dainja, and the incoming freshmen. Perhaps top 10 is too high at this point. I think Baylor will grab some talented transfers, if Drew thinks they're lacking a bit.

KU could be top 5, depending on Agbaji returning. We should expect Jalen Wilson, David McCormack, and Christian Braun back, at least. I think Dajuan Harris will be great running the point. Bryce Thompson should get a larger role; he needs to improve quite a bit if they're going to be elite.

Worried about our guards abilities to create next year, really think we need to add a transfer to address that. Our front court will be insane though and with brown and brooks back we will be crazy experienced.

1. Gonzaga - quite a few will return. Suggs gone for sure. Kisspert too. Timme prob stays and Ajayi and The Florida transfer will be solid
2. Michigan - a lot return
3. UCLA - a lot return
4. KU - everyone returns and add good recruiting class
5. Baylor - we assume a couple come back like Teague/Flagler and the bigs plus add a sick recruiting class. Butler and Mitchell probably gone.
6. FSU - most return.... so athletic.
7. Oregon - most return
8. Texas - beard is the reason here. They return guys too and a couple that may be seniors will come back for covid year . I think he takes Texas to a sweet 16 instantly. And add a good class
9. Nova - most return and JRE is special.
10. UVA

next 3

duke
Kentucky
Bama or Tennessee.

Reactions: KisteK

That’s basically it.

meh not sure on this

WVU and pokes return a lot.

Texas I think will as well senior wise with CoVid not nba ready

KU returns everyone. Baylor you may be surprised who stays.

OU new coach but everyone comes back except Manek and Reaves. Adding a good class too

Tech is biggest loser here but with covid year lots of guys I think come back elsewhere in the league

Kstate and ISU will be better

league will be tough again. Maybe not as tough as this year tho in that top half but ISU and kstate both will take a step up. So easy wins won’t be as rampant against the bottom 3

Reactions: Big ol arms

LOL. We are losing 6 players from this year's roster - 3 to graduation (Hauser, Huff, and Woldetensae) and 3 to transfer (Morsell, McKoy, and Abdur-Rahim). It's also possible that Trey Murphy will enter the draft. I know we'll get some transfers in but no one has agreed to join UVA so far. Without knowing who will be on the roster next year, UVA is nowhere near a top 10 team, even if Tony Bennett is still the coach.

Reactions: CFB_Fanatic
LOL. We are losing 6 players from this year's roster - 3 to graduation (Hauser, Huff, and Woldetensae) and 3 to transfer (Morsell, McKoy, and Abdur-Rahim). It's also possible that Trey Murphy will enter the draft. I know we'll get some transfers in but no one has agreed to join UVA so far. Without knowing who will be on the roster next year, UVA is nowhere near a top 10 team, even if Tony Bennett is still the coach.

didnt Know. I had Duke there then moved them below to next 3. Uva been up there so much so defaulted

Reactions: jhmossy
KU will be much better and a sure fire top 10 team. To be elite there has to be a few things to happen that I can reasonably see occur but I think there will be a developmental period before March.

Way too early to tell. Obviously I would expect Baylor to lose Butler, Mitchell, and Teague. The big question mark might be Matthew Mayer. I've seen him in the late second round on some mocks. So, put him in with Adam Flagler, JTT, Cryer, Thamba, Dainja, and the incoming freshmen. Perhaps top 10 is too high at this point. I think Baylor will grab some talented transfers, if Drew thinks they're lacking a bit.

KU could be top 5, depending on Agbaji returning. We should expect Jalen Wilson, David McCormack, and Christian Braun back, at least. I think Dajuan Harris will be great running the point. Bryce Thompson should get a larger role; he needs to improve quite a bit if they're going to be elite.

They'll miss Garrett's defense, but the offense usually had a better flow with Harris at point.

Garrett was out for one game this year, and it was one of the most efficient offensive performances in KU history. Sandwiched between a blowout loss to Texas and several other subpar games, That game stood out like a sore thumb in a season with generally mediocre offense.

I think Agbaji will test the waters but most likely come back.

Sounds like they're working hard to bring in another guard who can get buckets. Think they have a pretty good chance to get TyTy Washington.

Incoming class is already top 5ish, although I don't know if any of them will make a huge impact right away.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Worried about our guards abilities to create next year, really think we need to add a transfer to address that. Our front court will be insane though and with brown and brooks back we will be crazy experienced.
You will preseason 1 or 2 with Brown and Brooks back officially without any transfers. I can guarantee that.

Reactions: RichardMassive
1. Gonzaga - quite a few will return. Suggs gone for sure. Kisspert too. Timme prob stays and Ajayi and The Florida transfer will be solid
2. Michigan - a lot return
3. UCLA - a lot return
4. KU - everyone returns and add good recruiting class
5. Baylor - we assume a couple come back like Teague/Flagler and the bigs plus add a sick recruiting class. Butler and Mitchell probably gone.
6. FSU - most return.... so athletic.
7. Oregon - most return
8. Texas - beard is the reason here. They return guys too and a couple that may be seniors will come back for covid year . I think he takes Texas to a sweet 16 instantly. And add a good class
9. Nova - most return and JRE is special.
10. UVA

next 3

duke
Kentucky
Bama or Tennessee.

FSU doesn’t return as much as some of the other teams. Losing Scottie, MJ, and Gray. I guess it’s still possible that Balsa leaves.

But what we do return mixed with the incoming studs is pretty exciting. It’s a serious infusion of talent.

1. Gonzaga
2. Michigan
3. Kansas
4. UCLA
5. Florida State
6. Baylor
7. Purdue
8. Maryland
9. Kentucky
10. Villanova

Hopefully you’re low Michigan a 4th straight year. We’re due.

Hopefully you’re low Michigan a 4th straight year. We’re due.

While I admittedly have low-balled Michigan, I have at least had them higher in my last two preseason rankings than the national pundits. But nah, I don't foresee having Michigan low next season. They should be in the top 5 somewhere.

While I admittedly have low-balled Michigan, I have at least had them higher in my last two preseason rankings than the national pundits. But nah, I don't foresee having Michigan low next season. They should be in the top 5 somewhere.

It was more of a joke because there’s only one more spot to go any higher this time ha.

If Chaundee and Eli come back I think top 5. If they don’t maybe more like 10-15.

Reactions: dukedevilz
FSU doesn’t return as much as some of the other teams. Losing Scottie, MJ, and Gray. I guess it’s still possible that Balsa leaves.

But what we do return mixed with the incoming studs is pretty exciting. It’s a serious infusion of talent.

Might have a nice tournament run if you avoid Michigan in the postseason

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
iu

The unanimous Kansas love surprises me. Am I missing something?

They'll likely bring back more than anyone and add a solid class.

Not to mention there probably won't be many loaded teams.

Last edited:
They'll likely bring back more than anyone and add a solid class.

Not to mention there probably won't be many loaded teams.

But they weren’t excellent this year. Idk. Top 10 just feels like a bit of a stretch to me. I’m thinking 12-15.

Ended your season 2 of the past 3 years and look to be better next year too.

Shaking in our boots down here in Tallahassee. You ended the season of a good, solid Sweet 16 type of team in the Sweet 16. I mean, that’s some impressive stuff.

Between y’all and Georgia Tech, I’m not sure which team I want to avoid more.

WVU 2 best players will likely come back Mcbride(he is testing out NBA but doubt he goes) and Culver. That right there, along with sharp shooter McNeal, etc should be enough for top 10.

ADVERTISEMENT