ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbit for BBN...

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I poste this on Rupp's as well. Talking to the wife about this....Pretty interesting for those believing in "omens".

UK won their 9th Bowl game in school history this year.

Lat time UK won 10 games AND a bowl game----1951.

I'm sure you guys won't need the help some over at RR needed, in figuring this out. :D

Reactions: kl40504 and Hank_
It seems like someone else claimed that as well, IIRC,they caused the confusion.
I just looked it up. Jeff Sagarin retroactively put Kentucky #1 in his computer rankings when he ran his formula back in 1990.

Kentucky beat #1 Oklahoma in the bowl game that year after OU was crowned national champs. I could see the argument being made for Kentucky.

So Kentucky was good in basketball the only other year they were good in football.

Incredible work, OP.
Ummm, yeah....that was it. Can't fool you. :rolleyes:

Here-----i will connect the dots for you:

9th Bowl win program history this year......UK is chasing basketball title #9...this year.

UK football won 10 games AND a bowl game----THIS YEAR.

Lat time that happened----1951----UK also won the National title in basketball...

Get it now?

I just looked it up. Jeff Sagarin retroactively put Kentucky #1 in his computer rankings when he ran his formula back in 1990.

Kentucky beat #1 Oklahoma in the bowl game that year after OU was crowned national champs. I could see the argument being made for Kentucky.
Thanks.

Ummm, yeah....that was it. Can't fool you. :rolleyes:

Here-----i will connect the dots for you:

9th Bowl win program history this year......UK is chasing basketball title #9...this year.

UK football won 10 games AND a bowl game----THIS YEAR.

Lat time that happened----1951----UK also won the National title in basketball...

Get it now?
What is this? The Da Vinci Code?

I get what you’re saying. It was obvious, just saying it’s not some incredible omen.

It’s not that hard
Of course it helps to know your teams’ history
Winking
giphy.gif

What is this? The Da Vinci Code?

I get what you’re saying. It was obvious, just saying it’s not some incredible omen.
Where did I say it was? I said INTERESTING. If it was obvious---then why give your answer? Its not that they were good---Its the number NINE, that makes it interesting. And the TEN wins AND a bowl win.

Sheesh....Just an interesting set of facts. But hey.....do what you do.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Where did I say it was? I said INTERESTING. If it was obvious---then why give your answer? Its not that they were good---Its the number NINE, that makes it interesting. And the TEN wins AND a bowl win.

Sheesh....Just an interesting set of facts. But hey.....do what you do.
4KAezIn.jpg

Reactions: JC for 3
This Year's final four and championship game will be played in Minneapolis. Duke has won 5 championships while only winning in two venues. Minneapolis (2) and Indianapolis (3) This Year's final four is in Minneapolis. Sorry BBN. Your coincidence is not as strong as Duke's.
So what you are saying is----Any year the Final Four isn't held in a city with "NAPOLIS" in it---Duke's fvcked?:D

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Not that I care... but who is this girl? Asking for a friend.

(That friend being my penis.)

Good argument for it.....TBH
Shouldn’t have lost to Tennessee. They actually have a really good argument for it as well.

But who knows what the result of the Orange Bowl would have been had Oklahoma actually been playing for a national title. Bowl games back then didn’t have quite the same prestige as they do now. I believe many looked at them like they were just exhibitions. I mean some even look at them like that today if they’re not playing for a title.

Not that I care... but who is this girl? Asking for a friend.

(That friend being my penis.)

Somebody created a thread filled with pics of redheads over on the mainboard. So I don’t actually know who they are and I’ve never been able to figure out google image search. So I can’t help.

Hope this helps.

The mainboard detectives came through.

Trailer park name. Lucy Rose Jones.

Shouldn’t have lost to Tennessee. They actually have a really good argument for it as well.

But who knows what the result of the Orange Bowl would have been had Oklahoma actually been playing for a national title. Bowl games back then didn’t have quite the same prestige as they do now. I believe many looked at them like they were just exhibitions. I mean some even look at them like that today if they’re not playing for a title.
The final polls were released BEFORE the Bowl games then. My point was though, UK was 11-1, beat #1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. An OU team that was declared National champs a month and a half earlier. I mean had they beaten UT, odds are they stil laren't declared National champs.

This Year's final four and championship game will be played in Minneapolis. Duke has won 5 championships while only winning in two venues. Minneapolis (2) and Indianapolis (3) This Year's final four is in Minneapolis. Sorry BBN. Your coincidence is not as strong as Duke's.
Guess who won the only other championship game played in Minneapolis.... Winking

We did go 10-1 in 1977 but were on probation lol.. so no Sec title or bowl game. We did beat #4 Penn St at their place....Ended up ranked 7th

ADVERTISEMENT