ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbit for BBN...

The final polls were released BEFORE the Bowl games then. My point was though, UK was 11-1, beat #1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. An OU team that was declared National champs a month and a half earlier. I mean had they beaten UT, odds are they stil laren't declared National champs.
Yeah I know they were released before the bowl games. My post insinuates that by suggesting how Oklahoma may have played different knowing that the Orange Bowl was a game for the national title.

Different era for sure.

This Year's final four and championship game will be played in Minneapolis. Duke has won 5 championships while only winning in two venues. Minneapolis (2) and Indianapolis (3) This Year's final four is in Minneapolis. Sorry BBN. Your coincidence is not as strong as Duke's.
Couple that with the fact that the Duke has won a national championship every season they have had a point guard birthed by Debbie Jones, everyone else is ****ed.

Couple that with the fact that the Duke has won a national championship every season they have had a point guard birthed by Debbie Jones, everyone else is ****ed.

RollLaugh

Dude, and don't even get into Perky Plumlee and HIS genes... three boys, three national titles!

Reactions: Quavarius
They should have gotten the death penalty in 88-89 also.
I remember reading an article about Sam Bowie about 8 years ago and it talked about his recruitment to Kentucky. A coach from another school who was in on him knew it was over once the Wildcats showed up because nobody had more money than them.

College sports was dirty as **** in the 70’s and 80’s.

Still is too I guess. Don’t @ me and mention Kansas.

Reactions: UL_1986
I remember reading an article about Sam Bowie about 8 years ago and it talked about his recruitment to Kentucky. A coach from another school who was in on him knew it was over once the Wildcats showed up because nobody had more money than them.

Sorry, but I know Sam Bowie and Joe B. Hall personally. That article is a fvcking lie.

Write it down.

The article is a damned lie.

Hell I can write lies any time I choose to.

That's shocking! :eek:

He wouldn't have remembered it anyway.
7J1t.gif

Reactions: tw3301
Lol here comes the “fake news” take from the early 50s. Bert fos per usual.

@schoonerwest ”Kansas”

Reactions: schoonerwest
ADVERTISEMENT