ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts for you all in Kentucky

In the face of real life, basketball doesn't matter one damn bit. Always got the feeling Kentucky was a place where a lot of people had a lot of connections, both family and friends. Hope everyone is safe and sound, and thoughts to those who were involved.
Thank you. My Mom is a teacher in Kentucky, and just cringed when I heard what had happened. IIRC, this is the second school shooting in Kentucky.

I'm currently watching Only the Brave and thought to myself a couple of times, while bantering back and forth here, that sports are just a distraction from real life issues.

In the face of real life, basketball doesn't matter one damn bit. Always got the feeling Kentucky was a place where a lot of people had a lot of connections, both family and friends. Hope everyone is safe and sound, and thoughts to those who were involved.
Very kind of you, TD1. I try not to get too emotionally-invested in all of the peripheral stuff with sports as it is, but what happened today, it makes it all seem more like minutia.

Thoughts and prayers. I guess we can just hope this will be the last time anything like this will happen.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Yeah, pretty scary. It is a couple of counties away from where we are. Just tragic. Prayers are with those in Marshall County.

I went to high school in Kentucky. Just think, could have been me.
And it's just so random. There's no way to know how or why or when, no way to identify any kind of cause. I hope and pray it doesn't happen any more.

ADVERTISEMENT