ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse @ Duke (-17)

Boogers, pee pee, and fake wives are no way to go through life.

Speaking of wives.
3_crop_exact.jpg

my bad.
She looks like she could be his granddaughter. I don't know if I would congratulate him or call the pedophile police.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No, I don't think his numbers overall would be better... he'd be getting a quarter of the shots he gets now. Maybe his assists would be better? But I'm not sure... he would be trying to get assists against the best teams in the nation, rather than assists against Eastern Kentucky and UT Martin and SE Missouri State.

The quote I seem to see most often this AM is 6 weeks.

Ahhh

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Man that game sucked last night. Hopefully Tre isn't out too long. That injury really ruins my confidence for Saturday's game against UVA. Wife headed out of town on Friday morning for a bachelorette party. Looking like stress drinking will commence when I get home from work on Friday night. @jhmossy I think your boys are going to run away with that game. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: tw3301 and TheDude1
The dream is dead folks, its a great day for Duke haters. Without Tre, this team is likely to suffer 6-8 more conference losses and will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round of the NCAAT.

If I could pick the most important player on this team, I'm not sure if it would be Tre or Zion. While he's amazing, losing Barrett wouldn't be as impactful.

Injuries suck. Should've could've would've...

This is on K for not recruiting multiple 5 star guards like Cal and Self do. We should've gone after Dotson even after we got Tre.

The dream is dead folks, its a great day for Duke haters. Without Tre, this team is likely to suffer 6-8 more conference losses and will be lucky to make it to the 2nd round of the NCAAT.

If I could pick the most important player on this team, I'm not sure if it would be Tre or Zion. While he's amazing, losing Barrett wouldn't be as impactful.

This is on K for not recruiting multiple 5 star guards like Cal and Self do. We should've gone after Dotson even after we got Tre.
giphy.gif

If Duke loses 6-8 more games and gets bounced in the first weekend of the dance with the top 3 NBA picks then K needs to be fired immediately and removed from the HOF.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Not a fan of RJ Barrett. Dudes a gun! Took 30 shots to get his 23 points.
He has 115 more FG attempts than the second closest on the team, Zion. I think almost half of them were on the last few possessions against Gonzaga when he kept getting stuffed. Barrett has never seen a shot he didn't like.

Reactions: RipThru
Man that game sucked last night. Hopefully Tre isn't out too long. That injury really ruins my confidence for Saturday's game against UVA. Wife headed out of town on Friday morning for a bachelorette party. Looking like stress drinking will commence when I get home from work on Friday night. @jhmossy I think your boys are going to run away with that game. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd be shocked if we run away with anything on Saturday. Sure, we may win and we may win even if Tre plays but it should still be one heck of a game. I wish Duke was fully healthy though because I wanted to see how we stack up against Duke's best. Sucks for Tre.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
I'd be shocked if we run away with anything on Saturday. Sure, we may win and we may win even if Tre plays but it should still be one heck of a game. I wish Duke was fully healthy though because I wanted to see how we stack up against Duke's best. Sucks for Tre.
Hopefully both at full strength for the rematch on 2/09 in Charlottesville.

Reactions: jhmossy
Hopefully both at full strength for the rematch on 2/09 in Charlottesville.

I mean we're not at full strength either but, unlike Duke, we at least have the full complement of players. Kihei Clark had wrist surgery a few weeks ago and is playing with a soft cast. His shot has been pretty bad since the surgery (although it's not like he was lighting it up either).

LOL this is worse than most UK fans meltdowns

If Duke loses 6-8 more games and gets bounced in the first weekend of the dance with the top 3 NBA picks then K needs to be fired immediately and removed from the HOF.
College basketball is a guard's game Kevin. How would UK have done if they didn't have Wall in '10, Knight in '11, Teague in '12, Harrison in '14/'15, Ulis in '16 and Fox in '17? I guarantee the impact is much larger than if they lost their 2 guard or forward.

Someone has to facilitate and get the ball to the 5 star wings/forwards even if they are higher ranked and better NBA prospects than the guards.

Tre's our best passer and on-ball defender. We're lost without him. Luckily we"ll make the NCAAT with our early season success even if the wheels fall off.

Lots of extreme stances being taken right now.

The first, from Duke fans....that this team is all of a sudden a mediocre basketball team. Granted, last night didn't look pretty when Tre went down, but what did you expect? We have four days of practice before Virginia and still have two of the best players in the entire country. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke beat Virginia on Saturday. I'm not sure I'd predict it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The second, from people who don't like Duke....that Jones injury shouldn't hassle Duke much because they still have three top 10 picks. While they're right that Duke is ripe with talent, they're still missing their far and away most important player. They're going to have to adjust everything they do on offense and defense. While it's not a horrible problem to have considering the talent, it's still an adjustment. It's not always as simple as rolling the ball out and letting them go.

Had 9 assists as well, prolly 11-12 if White doesn’t go 0-10 from 3. RJ also had 16 rebounds. That seems to be missing from everyone’s criticism.
I think he needs to share it more with Zion which is much more consistent and better. I’m a big fan of Zion. An example would be when Barrett took like 4 straight shots against Gonzaga and missed them all without Zion touching the ball. They both shoot way too many threes, and neither is very good behind the arc.

I think he needs to share it more with Zion which is much more consistent and better. I’m a big fan of Zion. An example would be when Barrett took like 4 straight shots against Gonzaga and missed them all without Zion touching the ball. They both shoot way too many threes, and neither is very good behind the arc.

Barrett has been absolutely outstanding. He learned a lot from the Gonzaga game and would be the first to tell you it wasn't a great moment for him. Last night the entire offense was just out of sorts. No Tre, no Cam and then him being forced to play up top when I'm sure it wasn't what was practiced.

That was Gonzaga. You were referencing the Syracuse game where Barrett passed it a lot. Can’t keep moving the goal post. They guy nearly had a triple double last night. A triple double! I mean, you can hate him, but your assessment is way off.

Barrett has been absolutely outstanding. He learned a lot from the Gonzaga game and would be the first to tell you it wasn't a great moment for him. Last night the entire offense was just out of sorts. No Tre, no Cam and then him being forced to play up top when I'm sure it wasn't what was practiced.
Also got to consider how effective is Zion because of RJ being RJ. You switch up that dynamic and things could flip.

Yeah, shame on K for recruiting #1, #2, and #3. Put down the pipe, kid.

By the way, 4* Shai Gilgeous-Alexander laughed at your ridiculous post.

Lots of extreme stances being taken right now.

The first, from Duke fans....that this team is all of a sudden a mediocre basketball team. Granted, last night didn't look pretty when Tre went down, but what did you expect? We have four days of practice before Virginia and still have two of the best players in the entire country. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke beat Virginia on Saturday. I'm not sure I'd predict it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The second, from people who don't like Duke....that Jones injury shouldn't hassle Duke much because they still have three top 10 picks. While they're right that Duke is ripe with talent, they're still missing their far and away most important player. They're going to have to adjust everything they do on offense and defense. While it's not a horrible problem to have considering the talent, it's still an adjustment. It's not always as simple as rolling the ball out and letting them go.
I will wait for a game that has everyone other than Tre before I go off the deep end. But Tre was the deference between this Year's success and the past years failures. Duke without Jones, will be caught up in games where they will have to outscore their opponents, which sounds stupid because that's how you win games, but you know what Iam saying. I see Duke winning plenty of games without him, just don't see them being a title contender without him. Duke's offense starts with their defense and their defense started with Jones.

WTF? Why is there so much doom and gloom in here? Jeez, Duke was minus 2 key players last night and one of them is the head of the snake.

Losing your pg against a Syracuse 2-3 zone is a recipe for disaster when you're not hitting a high percentage from the outside.

Yes, RJ and Zion should have found a way to get the ball into the paint, but that's much easier said than done. That zone is long and athletic and it's designed to do exactly what it did, yet Duke STILL almost won.

This is nothing, Duke is still going to be a 1 seed and barring an injury just prior to the tournament, they'll still be the favorites to win it all.

ADVERTISEMENT