ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse @ Duke (-17)

47 pages on another thread also prove that it does. If it didn't, you just wouldn't respond.

And like I said your handle tells me all I need to know. You get canned from your job Phil? Like that old saying, misery loves company Laughing

Will you guys please stop bumping this thread just because it involves Syracuse? I know Cuse is all anybody can think about but give it a rest. #rentfree

And like I said your handle tells me all I need to know. You get canned from your job Phil? Like that old saying, misery loves company Laughing
And like I said, your constant defense of a scandal that the Chancellor even admitted was a scandal tells me all I need to know. Oh, and the post after post after post also tells me it really bothers you when others mention it.

And like I said, your constant defense of a scandal that the Chancellor even admitted was a scandal tells me all I need to know. Oh, and the post after post after post also tells me it really bothers you when others mention it.
So why did you stop using the Phil account?

In this thread: a bunch of posters (that probably suffered head trauma playing contact sports) forgetting that "manning up" and playing through pain has led to former athletes being shells of themselves physically (like, say, Bill Walton), mentally (insert football player name here), or both. Heaven forbid that guys like Jones don't destroy their bodies playing for a relative pittance and risking their future earnings so that Duke can have a better regular season in the college sport where the regular season almost doesn't matter. FFS, do you guys have any gray matter left?

In this thread: a bunch of posters (that probably suffered head trauma playing contact sports) forgetting that "manning up" and playing through pain has led to former athletes being shells of themselves physically (like, say, Bill Walton), mentally (insert football player name here), or both. Heaven forbid that guys like Jones don't destroy their bodies playing for a relative pittance and risking their future earnings so that Duke can have a better regular season in the college sport where the regular season almost doesn't matter. FFS, do you guys have any gray matter left?
He has a separated shoulder. They heal. You obviously have never played a sport or have no idea what an athlete feels being part of a team.

He has a separated shoulder. They heal. You obviously have never played a sport or have no idea what an athlete feels being part of a team.
It's an AC joint seperation, not the ball and socket shoulder joint.

Oh, okay. Apparently I wasn't aware that *checks post* the body heals over time because *checks post again* of the lie that I never played or sport or was part of a team? Great post, champ.

19b4ee45e08536bfa8f9b640310c8f781e293386f80d2a540ededb19d4cb1255.jpg

So your start the reply with an insult. All my posts are made up or a lie. What a horrible start

So I will just not respond to your posts.

For your information, I have not been on Rupp's Rafters in three years.
Maybe that was uncalled for, and I apologize. I was just responding to how you you started you post with an insult to me. I should of taking the high road but didn't.

And I never said anything about you posting on Rafters.

Apparently Scottie Pippen thinks Zion should sit out the rest of the year due to the possibility of injury. I hope the college game never goes that route. It will be the end of college hoops as we know it. Just let the Zion’s and Davis’s go out of high school if that’s what their mindset is like.

Reactions: sgrooms
Apparently Scottie Pippen thinks Zion should sit out the rest of the year due to the possibility of injury. I hope the college game never goes that route. It will be the end of college hoops as we know it. Just let the Zion’s and Davis’s go out of high school if that’s what their mindset is like.
Kind of odd that Pippen would single out Zion. That is an inherent risk that every potential pro takes and the chance of an injury that would drop draft stock or put a career in danger is very, very low. Should Kobe, LeBron, etc. have stopped playing after their sophomore years in high school for the same reasons? lol. GTFOH, Pippen.

You could have just used Walton for both examples.

I agree with him. Zion AND Barrett should totally sit out the rest of the year to avoid injury. Think about your future please.

I agree with him. Zion AND Barrett should totally sit out the rest of the year to avoid injury. Think about your future please.
I know this is sarcasm. But it brings me back to the players were tougher back in the day argument. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone for any other reason than sitting out games to avoid being injured. In that case, Duke guy or not, I would wish a career ending injury on that player on the first step they ever took onto a professional basketball court.

That will likely bring the argument that players shouldn't be forced to play one year in college, and the answer to that is, I agree. But if you committed to playing for a school for that one year, you need to honor your commitment.

For the rest of us to have a chance, Dukes starting 5 should sit out to avoid losing $$$$
Otherwise come March, we are kids playing in a man's world with that team.

I know this is sarcasm. But it brings me back to the players were tougher back in the day argument. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone for any other reason than sitting out games to avoid being injured. In that case, Duke guy or not, I would wish a career ending injury on that player on the first step they ever took onto a professional basketball court.

That will likely bring the argument that players shouldn't be forced to play one year in college, and the answer to that is, I agree. But if you committed to playing for a school for that one year, you need to honor your commitment.
Good post LetsGoDuke.

Every day when we go to work we take a risk and could be killed in a car crash, a crazed idiot, a plane crash or an accident on the golf course. Does that keep up from living? This line of thought would stop all folks from doing a damned thing in their lives. A risk free life would not be worth living. Looking back over my 62 years of college basketball few careers have ended by one accident playing freshman basketball in college.

Additionally, what NBA team wants to draft a man who is scared to play the game? This line of thought is abjectly stupid.

That's ridiculous. Players weren't getting paid the money they are back in the day. Injuries can destroy guys careers. It can be 9 figures worth of damage. It wasn't college, but Harry Giles was a special talent before his knees blew up multiple times. Noel was gonna be the #1 pick before he tore his ACL. He's only been an "okay" player in the NBA since then.
And for the record I agree that players should honor their commitment. And they have. What college basketball player has stopped playing due to injury risk? None. Football is an entirely different situation.

That's ridiculous. Players weren't getting paid the money they are back in the day. Injuries can destroy guys careers. It can be 9 figures worth of damage. It wasn't college, but Harry Giles was a special talent before his knees blew up multiple times. Noel was gonna be the #1 pick before he tore his ACL. He's only been an "okay" player in the NBA since then.
And for the record I agree that players should honor their commitment. And they have. What college basketball player has stopped playing due to injury risk? None. Football is an entirely different situation.
It's called life, man. I was speaking to the hypothetical idea, never said anyone has or will.

Harsh wishing an injury on someone that could cost them millions or tens of millions of dollars. And anyway the correct measure of "damages" from failing to honor the commitment to play is the cost of the scholarship; expectation damages are rare and hard to get for good reason.

And no player committed to coming back early from an injury, so as long as they aren't a healthy self-scratch the commitment angle has no application here.

Good post LetsGoDuke.

Every day when we go to work we take a risk and could be killed in a car crash, a crazed idiot, a plane crash or an accident on the golf course. Does that keep up from living? This line of thought would stop all folks from doing a damned thing in their lives. A risk free life would not be worth living. Looking back over my 62 years of college basketball few careers have ended by one accident playing freshman basketball in college.

Additionally, what NBA team wants to draft a man who is scared to play the game? This line of thought is abjectly stupid.

Holy strawmen, Batman! No one is saying completely risk free life, FFS. And it's not just about careers ending, it's about careers being damaged due to injuries. RR30 already addressed this, but there's a ton of examples of players who's draft stock (and possibly career trajectory) suffered from college injuries.

Harsh wishing an injury on someone that could cost them millions or tens of millions of dollars. And anyway the correct measure of "damages" from failing to honor the commitment to play is the cost of the scholarship; expectation damages are rare and hard to get for good reason.

And no player committed to coming back early from an injury, so as long as they aren't a healthy self-scratch the commitment angle has no application here.
Well. I feel confident that my comment will never be tested as I don't see players doing this. It is all based on the hypothetical suggestion. And I am talking about a player who decides mid season to sit out. Not an injured player who has to consider the consequences of returning early from an injury.

As far as the commitments. If a player decides to sit out a year instead of going to school, more power to him. But once they have committed, they know the possibilities and have accepted them. Again, all hypothetical.

Injury was essentially Grade 1, slightly worse. No ligament damage etc. Duke and Duke fans just dodged a huge bomb. I say keep him out Saturday regardless. Missing a week isn’t a big deal.

This info saved our season.

Duke has said that the Jones injury is not so bad, and he should only miss a game or two, roughly.

ADVERTISEMENT