ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse @ Duke (-17)

Is that tonight? I’m on Duke in that one as long as Zion plays. I think it will be really close to that number though.

Syracuse gets up for Duke. If the threes are falling, Cuse could keep it close. Duke will destroy Cuse inside. Our best 'center' is a 6'8" 180lb. European forward.

If Duke doesn't attempt 80% of their shots at the rim and foul out all of our centers, shame on them

Reactions: tw3301
I hate looking at games like that. If anything, it will make Syracuse prepare more.

Perhaps. I suppose I could see it being relatively tight, especially if Zion has to sit again. But how does that team lose to Old Dominion and Georgia Tech at home?

Syracuse has really been an enigma the last few years. They're one of those teams that you could easily see winning a few games in the tournament - or, on the other hand, missing the NCAAs altogether. Consistency has been a struggle for them.

Reactions: brooky03
Doesn't Syracuse give up a lot of offensive rebounds? I believe we're ranked 4th in offensive rebounding percentage. It's just harder for a zone team to rebound. We should be able to exploit that pretty well.

Reactions: brooky03
Perhaps. I suppose I could see it being relatively tight, especially if Zion has to sit again. But how does that team lose to Old Dominion and Georgia Tech at home?

Syracuse has really been an enigma the last few years. They're one of those teams that you could easily see winning a few games in the tournament - or, on the other hand, missing the NCAAs altogether. Consistency has been a struggle for them.
Don't get me wrong. I know this Duke team is fully capable of Winning this game by 20+ and probably should. I just have seen too many times where we look at our opponents and say, 'eh, they lost by this to that, no way they play Duke tough.' And they end up giving Duke a fight at least. How many Duke fans got all giddy last year when unc lost at home to Worrord and said there was no way unc even made the games competitive against Duke? They beat us twice last year. My biggest problem with the spread being so high is the style of play and the familiarity between the coaches. I am not real worried about the outcome.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Duke still shoots really well from outside to be honest. I notice that whenever coach K plays Cuse he flashes his best 15 ft shooter to the high post and navigated them from their to the elbows, basically shooting free throws. My guess is that he is going to set Cam Reddish in there and let him just go to work on them from there all night. Especially with him being long and the best free throw shooter on the team.

It that was Cam’s breakout game, then my goodness it’s only going to get worse for everyone else. Zion having to sit out injured may have been a blessing for Duke and a nightmare for the rest of CBB.

Duke still shoots really well from outside to be honest. I notice that whenever coach K plays Cuse he flashes his best 15 ft shooter to the high post and navigated them from their to the elbows, basically shooting free throws. My guess is that he is going to set Cam Reddish in there and let him just go to work on them from there all night. Especially with him being long and the best free throw shooter on the team.

In the few times Duke's seen zone this year, K sends Zion to the free throw line to break it. Dude gets from the free throw line to the basket faster than you can say poke his eye out.

In 2015, Duke beat Syracuse by 19 and last year they won by 16. Those are the only two times Duke has beaten Syracuse by double digits.

** since Syracuse has been in the ACC. Not sure about before that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'll be honest, I haven't watched 1 second of Syracuse this year. I thought the line was a bit much based on previous Duke/Cuse games but if they are that bad then maybe not.

Sucks ass for Reddish, finally Stella got his groove back and now he's sitting out sick.

Probably will. I've actually done quite well with college basketball. If football season ever ends I may end up making some money.
Well so far looks like you're going to make some money...

ADVERTISEMENT