ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse @ Duke (-17)

Yeah, shame on K for recruiting #1, #2, and #3. Put down the pipe, kid.

By the way, 4* Shai Gilgeous-Alexander laughed at your ridiculous post.
Not sure why he is reading post on rivals, should have more important things to do.

Not sure why Kentucky fans are making a big deal about this, most of rupp/duke Rafters said this team would finish below .500 and Coach K would fake a back injury to get out of the season. So by their expectations, these results make coach K god to them.

Reactions: TheDude1
Agreed. But when your PG is your best on ball defender, it’s like losing two players at the same time + Cam. But it happens. Better it happens now than later in the season.

Hey, at least you have a good defender that will eventually come back.

As for RJ, the guy had those bad moments at Gonzaga and I'm sure has taken a bad shot or two since then but in the limited amount of Duke I've seen he is really good.

Not sure why he is reading post on rivals, should have more important things to do.

Not sure why Kentucky fans are making a big deal about this, most of rupp/duke Rafters said this team would finish below .500 and Coach K would fake a back injury to get out of the season. So by their expectations, these results make coach K god to them.
Do you ever make a good post or do you try to make no sense?

If you try to be nonsensical, then I tip my hat to you because you are really good at it!

you're an idiot.
You ok with only having 1 capable PG on the team given our roster turnover? We"ll have to agree to disagree. K knew Duval was OAD so he should have recruited at least one more serviceable guard with some upside that can provide some backup minutes and then grow and develop into a solid multi year player. Goldwire is nothing more than a practice squad player.

Yeah, shame on K for recruiting #1, #2, and #3. Put down the pipe, kid.

By the way, 4* Shai Gilgeous-Alexander laughed at your ridiculous post.
Lol what? I'm talking about recruiting for depth, obviously our top end talent is good.

I said 5* but a 4* would be fine too, just any sort of guard depth to build on and be able to provide serviceable minutes in the event of foul trouble or an injury to our primary PG recruit Tre. Shai was a highly ranked recruit bud, I'm not saying 4* recruits can't outplay their ranking.

Clearly Self and Cal disagree which is why they went after both Dotson/Grimes and Quickley/Hagans. I wish K would do the same.

You ok with only having 1 capable PG on the team given our roster turnover? We"ll have to agree to disagree. K knew Duval was OAD so he should have recruited at least one more serviceable guard with some upside that can provide some backup minutes and then grow and develop into a solid multi year player. Goldwire is nothing more than a practice squad player.
Name me one really good point guard that would have signed with Duke knowing he would play no more than 5-6 minutes a game.

Goldwire is our backup. It is what it is. We are still very good.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Name me one really good point guard that would have signed with Duke knowing he would play no more than 5-6 minutes a game.

Goldwire is our backup. It is what it is. We are still very good.
He doesn't have to be really good if you mean that to be a high 5 star but there's undoubtedly many top 50-75 level guards that would have come to Duke to grow and learn under the tutelage of K with the understanding that they wouldn't play much their 1st year.

How was Cal able to get both Quickley and Hagans this year when they already had Quade Green on board?

How was Self able to recruit both Grimes and Dotson?

How was Jay Wright able to bring in Jalen Brunson back in 2015 when they already had Arcidiacano in place as their primary PG?

K's fabulous but he has a stubborn all in approach to recruiting sometimes.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
In my opinion Cuse didn't play the real Duke with Jones and Reddish out. Who are real difference makers. Instead they played half of Duke which means they played Du. It was still a good win for them though. They just didn't really play the best team in the land, which is what everyone else got.

He doesn't have to be really good if you mean that to be a high 5 star but there's undoubtedly many top 50-75 level guards that would have come to Duke to grow and learn under the tutelage of K with the understanding that they wouldn't play much their 1st year.

How was Cal able to get both Quickley and Hagans this year when they already had Quade Green on board?

How was Self able to recruit both Grimes and Dotson?

How was Jay Wright able to bring in Jalen Brunson back in 2015 when they already had Arcidiacano in place as their primary PG?

K's fabulous but he has a stubborn all in approach to recruiting sometimes.
Green had been playing off the ball since early last season once SGA took the PG spot. Many of us thought he would transfer in the off-season rather than waiting until winter break. Quickley and Hagans play 22 and 23 MPG.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
In my opinion Cuse didn't play the real Duke with Jones and Reddish out. Who are real difference makers. Instead they played half of Duke which means they played Du. It was still a good win for them though. They just didn't really play the best team in the land, which is what everyone else got.

I would get rid of the D and the E - for defense and efficiency

Syracuse played UK last night

It'll help our NIT resume and that's all I care about

Reactions: tw3301
Wow. 9 pages on Duke/Syracuse in the middle of January. And some of you wonder why Espn and others promote and cover Duke.
giphy.gif

When I saw how he hit his shoulder that's what I thought it might be an AC separation. It's a typical football injury. Experienced one myself. Hurts like hell the first night.. but starts feeling better within a week or so. But healing time is a month to 2 months. He could possibly play in 2-3 weeks if he can tolerate the pain, but I doubt he will due to his NBA potential. No sense taking a chance on re-injuring it.

Nice strawman.

Do you ever make a good post or do you try to make no sense?

If you try to be nonsensical, then I tip my hat to you because you are really good at it!
Weird because every time I see one of your post it's made up or a lie. But I'll take the bait, what part didn't you understand? If it was the stuff Rupp Rafters says, then I have no clue why they say half the stuff they do.

Weird because every time I see one of your post it's made up or a lie. But I'll take the bait, what part didn't you understand? If it was the stuff Rupp Rafters says, then I have no clue why they say half the stuff they do.
So your start the reply with an insult. All my posts are made up or a lie. What a horrible start

So I will just not respond to your posts.

For your information, I have not been on Rupp's Rafters in three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT