ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Thursday games thread ***

Sorry Bruce Wade's going to need to play more than 16 minutes in the second half the way they're handing out fouls. Said I'm real happy with the first half of the game especially minimizing Kentucky's second-chance points.

I feel like a lot of the strange calls are anticipated more than anything.

Agreed. Like they expect a foul and just whistle it.

Winner of this game WILL NOT beat Loyola, playing like this. I made fun of Loyola earlier. Not now. That team is good. And what makes them eveen more dangerous, is not only are they good-------but confident. They're goona be hard to beat Saturday.

Disagree. Nevada played like trash. Not switching, jumping at every ball and shot fake, bad rotations, and early shot clock contested 3s. Loyola got their first 13 shots in the second half and played a team coached by a potato and barely won.

Cal is really gonna lose his first s16 game to Bruce fvcking Weber. That's a fireable offense imo.

Agreed. Like they expect a foul and just whistle it.

Disagree. Nevada played like trash. Not switching, jumping at every ball and shot fake, bad rotations, and early shot clock contested 3s. Loyola got their first 13 shots in the second half and played a team coached by a potato and barely won.
Note I said "playing like this". If UK or KSU play as they have tonight, Saturday vs Loyola---they will not win. MOF,they would be down double-digits right now. Loyola is a really good team.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
FSU going on a run to end the half... ****ing up my bracket.

Damn Zags are choking all over the place. Get ahead and leaving shooters wide open and missing FTs.

Here it comes.....Danger time here for KSU.

Crazy to think----------If UK wins, KSU willbe the highest seeded team they play. Seesh.

I don’t know why Kentucky ever shoots a jumper. Just get it inside every time with that length. If you don’t get a dunk or hit the layup, you’ll get the 2nd chance points. I feel like every time Kentucky goes stale it’s when they forget that they’re all 7 ft tall with 8’ arms and they start shooting jumpers. Not a great jump shooting team, but they don’t have to be.

I don’t know why Kentucky ever shoots a jumper. Just get it inside every time with that length. If you don’t get a dunk or hit the layup, you’ll get the 2nd chance points. I feel like every time Kentucky goes stale it’s when they forget that they’re all 7 ft tall with 8’ arms and they start shooting jumpers. Not a great jump shooting team, but they don’t have to be.
Yeah if I was Kansas State I'd pull a 2010 West Virginia and pack the lane... Let them beat you with threes.

Ok, the refs are making this game almost unbearable. Are we going to shoot 35 free throws this half as well? We seriously may see 70 free throws. F’ing 70!!!

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I've uttered the words "f*ck you Chris Webber" at least six times now.

It’s a lifelong dream that one day UK will win a natty starting all freshmen, and immediately after, someone will put a mic in Chris Webber’s face and ask, “on a scale of 1 to game losing timeout, how mad are you right now?”

Yeah if I was Kansas State I'd pull a 2010 West Virginia and pack the lane... Let them beat you with threes.
Yeah they could do that, but I still don’t think they could keep this team out of the paint if Kentucky made up their minds to live in the paint. Their length is unreal.

Why does UK not make K State drive the ball? You are bigger. Get out on them and make them drive it.

What a damn joke. That's a game changing call. Of course Jamie Luckie calls it.

ADVERTISEMENT