ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Thursday games thread ***

That might have been the worst first half I've ever seen. Between the refs and both teams being terrible it was disgusting.

You didn't tell those UK fans in Grayson that your a Ref did you?
Well they know I'm a baseball umpire. Conference pays for my room.:D But no, no. no...I ain't stupid, bro.

Note: Forgot I had on my IU toboggan, and went into the store to grab some snacks. Dude behind the counter is looking at me like, "WTF"? He's like---"where you from"? Indiana. Yeah, figured that--------saw your hat. I'm like-----Just here to umpire, man.:eek:

16 fouls called on Kansas State in the first half...

xYvk6bj.gif

That might have been the worst first half I've ever seen. Between the refs and both teams being terrible it was disgusting.

I like UMBC, but apparently you didn't see their second half vs KSU on Sunday.

Reactions: KisteK
No might to it. Worst half of officiating I have seen. Type of game where you don't know what a foul is. Or isn't.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
that 3 before the half was big for KSU as UK had all the momentum before that.

We could not have played worse. I’ll take being down 4
It’s a good sign you’re this close only hitting 6 shots. KSU is in foul trouble and doesn’t score a ton. UK just needs to take better shots and not rely on SGA to wildly dribble into the lane. Knox will go off in half 2.

It’s a good sign you’re this close only hitting 6 shots. KSU is in foul trouble and doesn’t score a ton. UK just needs to take better shots and not rely on SGA to wildly dribble into the lane. Knox will go off in half 2.
Yeah KState needed this to be at 8 or 10----or more, at the half. Especially with the start(13-1); then leading 30-21 late in 1st half. I just think UK's gonna put that 12-0, 16-2 run, and that will be that.

I think.

Yeah KState needed this to be at 8 or 10----or more, at the half. Especially with the start(13-1); then leading 30-21 late in 1st half. I just think UK's gonna put that 12-0, 16-2 run, and that will be that.

I think.

Hell we've already had one or two smaller runs like that. KSU can't absorb another run or two like that. I like our chances, gotta play the game though.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Winner of this game WILL NOT beat Loyola, playing like this. I made fun of Loyola earlier. Not now. That team is good. And what makes them eveen more dangerous, is not only are they good-------but confident. They're goona be hard to beat Saturday.

Hell we've already had one or two smaller runs like that. KSU can't absorb another run or two like that. I like our chances, gotta play the game though.
Yeah but a 9-0 run or so is a lot different when you;re trailing by 12, opposed to 3 or 4. UK pushes this out to 6-8 point lead, it is curtains.

Reactions: VAWildcat15

I don't see this holding up KSU's way either. They've slowed the pace down and have forced UK to play at their pace. The problem is KSU struggles to score to begin with. With their foul troubles mounting, they're gonna have to play at a higher level in the 2nd half. I think UK eventually picks KSU apart and pulls away.

Yeah but a 9-0 run or so is a lot different when you;re trailing by 12, opposed to 3 or 4. UK pushes this out to 6-8 point lead, it is curtains.

Yep, 9-0 run to start the half means we could be looking an even larger extended run. Just gotta start making more plays..

Reactions: LeroyOU12
Winner of this game WILL NOT beat Loyola, playing like this. I made fun of Loyola earlier. Not now. That team is good. And what makes them eveen more dangerous, is not only are they good-------but confident. They're goona be hard to beat Saturday.

ONLY BEILEIN CAN STOP LOYOLA

I don't see this holding up KSU's way either. They've slowed the pace down and have forced UK to play at their pace. The problem is KSU struggles to score to begin with. With their foul troubles mounting, they're gonna have to play at a higher level in the 2nd half. I think UK eventually picks KSU apart and pulls away.

Agree with all off that completely. KSU I think needed a much more comfortable lead at the half to get away with playing their style in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT