ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Thursday games thread ***

I have the Zags, Aggies, Loyola and Bruce Weber advancing tonight. Been a crzzy tournament and expect more if it tonight.

Would rather play Kansas St. than Syracuse, UK by 20.

Come now. Cuse is straight trash. They havent scored 60 on 3 straight games. It took an epic, epic choke by MSU to lose.

You will trash Cuse by 20.

Come now. Cuse is straight trash. They havent scored 60 on 3 straight games. It took an epic, epic choke by MSU to lose.

You will trash Cuse by 20.
Oh I know they both aren't good, but I'd rather play a bad team without a HOF coach. The only way Duke loses is if they beat themselves like MSU did.

Would rather play Kansas St. than Syracuse, UK by 20.

I don't know if I would. Duke is going to roll Syracuse like a snowball. Kansas State has a top 5 defensive player in the nation that will be defending our best player.

Moments before Houston’s Devin Davis attempted the first of two free throws to seal an NCAA Tournament win over Michigan, Rob Gray, the Cougars’ high-scoring star, approached Jordan Poole. He smirked. Poole, a Michigan freshman, had just checked back into the game with 3.9 seconds left and his Wolverines trailing by two.

“Yo, Poole, where you from?” Gray asked.

Poole winced, gritted his teeth and spit a response.

“Milwaukee.”

“That’s nice,” Gray said. “You ‘bout to go back to Milwaukee.”

https://theathletic.com/283370/2018/03/22/you-dont-know-jordan-poole/

Reactions: KisteK
Man, why has FSU been the late game every single time this March?! This wait is killing me. Oh well, seems to be working for us.

It's strange to me that FSU is basically being given zero chance. Matt Norlander on CBS said that Gonzaga/FSU is easily the "least compelling game of the entire regional semifinals" and expects Gonzaga to win big. Of course, Matt Norlander also said anyone picking FSU to win a game in the NCAAT is a fool...

Gonzaga winning by double digits is certainly possible, but folks are acting like it's a certainty. I look at FSU and see a team that can pressure Gonzaga's guards, get Williams and Tillie into foul trouble, and speed the game up to a pace that the Zags are uncomfortable with. Gonzaga averages 67 possessions per game, FSU over 71. If PJ Savoy and Braian Angola are hitting threes like they were last weekend (and early in ACC play), FSU might not only win, but win by 6+. But if FSU is off from three and can't speed Gonzaga up, I'd say Zags by 8-10.

Okay, prediction time:
Kentucky
Nevada
Texas A&M
FSU

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Man, why has FSU been the late game every single time this March?! This wait is killing me. Oh well, seems to be working for us.

It's strange to me that FSU is basically being given zero chance. Matt Norlander on CBS said that Gonzaga/FSU is easily the "least compelling game of the entire regional semifinals" and expects Gonzaga to win big. Of course, Matt Norlander also said anyone picking FSU to win a game in the NCAAT is a fool...

Gonzaga winning by double digits is certainly possible, but folks are acting like it's a certainty. I look at FSU and see a team that can pressure Gonzaga's guards, get Williams and Tillie into foul trouble, and speed the game up to a pace that the Zags are uncomfortable with. Gonzaga averages 67 possessions per game, FSU over 71. If PJ Savoy and Braian Angola are hitting threes like they were last weekend (and early in ACC play), FSU might not only win, but win by 6+. But if FSU is off from three and can't speed Gonzaga up, I'd say Zags by 8-10.

Okay, prediction time:
Kentucky
Nevada
Texas A&M
FSU

It's strange to me that you are picking Texas A&M.

Reactions: KisteK
It's strange to me that you are picking Texas A&M.

The Michigan game really seems like it could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Michigan wins. But you have to pick some upsets somewhere this time of year...

Im so stuck on Loyola-Chicago vs Nevada and the Michigan vs A&M games!

To me, both are PK’s!

The Michigan game really seems like it could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Michigan wins. But you have to pick some upsets somewhere this time of year...

Don't know how big of an upset it would be right now. I think that game is damn well near 50/50. If Texas A&M plays well, I could see them running Michigan out of the arena. If they go back to their old act though, Michigan wins. Texas A&M's best looks infinitely better to me than Michigan's, though.

Moments before Houston’s Devin Davis attempted the first of two free throws to seal an NCAA Tournament win over Michigan, Rob Gray, the Cougars’ high-scoring star, approached Jordan Poole. He smirked. Poole, a Michigan freshman, had just checked back into the game with 3.9 seconds left and his Wolverines trailing by two.

“Yo, Poole, where you from?” Gray asked.

Poole winced, gritted his teeth and spit a response.

“Milwaukee.”

“That’s nice,” Gray said. “You ‘bout to go back to Milwaukee.”

https://theathletic.com/283370/2018/03/22/you-dont-know-jordan-poole/
He was talking about tonight.

My picks against the number:
  1. Nevada -1.5 Loyala-Chicago
  2. Kentucky -5.5 Kansas State
  3. A&M +2.5 Michigan
  4. Florida State +6 Gonzaga
Love the first two. Parlay those for ~ +260. The other two I think will be close, so I grabbed the points. Probably best to just grab A&M money line, frankly.

Nevada is a fun team. Absolute zero depth though. Love how hard they play.

Ok Michigan may run them out of the gym. Michigan looks like a FF/Championship Game team. Which everyone though A&M would look like this after last week. Also, Loyola-Chicago is the better team.

I knew A&M would lay an egg after playing lights out against us. Michigan keeps this up they are going to be a problem.

A&M may want to think about packing up and heading back to College Station......now. Good lord the Wolverines are going rabid Wolverine all over Aggies.

Michigan scored 2 fg's in the same amount of time it took me to complete one sneeze.

ADVERTISEMENT