ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hail calling you out for mentioning the 480,000 deaths. Then admits he knows less than the expert who mentioned 480,000 deaths on Rogan today (unless I didn’t hear him right).

Oh boy. Is it about that estimate from that slide show presented for the American Hospital Association? The one where, in my very next post, and after someone pointed out that it was not the work of the AHA as I thought (like everyone else) but rather a consultant or something, I said this...?

Glad this isn't the work of the AHA, but I've got to point out... none of those two twitter accounts are anything medical related... they are, in fact, one is political lobbying group.

And the guy who put the slide was presenting it at a hospital conference, no? So while it might be one persons (or several peoples, because its doubtful that the research behind it is truly just one persons work) view, its not one that is so outlandish that hospitals aren't taking it seriously.

I won't even ask what I did wrong:)

From an internal presentation from the American Hospital Association... prepping for five million hospitalizations and half a million dead within the next two months. That is more than the entire number of Americans killed in all of World War 2 (which lasted some four years) in just two months.

But yeah... something something media clicks something.
@829305 here you go. From saturday....

You should read the tweets before you link false info. The guy who posted it mistakenly thought that 2 month epi wave meant all the statistics were for the next 2 months. He corrected himself in the thread.

Did the guy on the podcast say the 480,000 deaths would be in 2 months?

Reactions: SNU0821
Oh boy. Is it about that estimate from that slide show presented for the American Hospital Association? The one where, in my very next post, and after someone pointed out that it was not the work of the AHA as I thought (like everyone else) but rather a consultant or something, I said this...?

I won't even ask what I did wrong:)

What you did wrong was not only leave the false info (480,000 deaths in 2 months) but re typed it after you read the correction.

Kids? Wtf are you talking about?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-vulnerable-are-children-to-the-new-coronavirus-11583858781

“Only 2% of the patients in a review of nearly 45,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases in China were children, and there were no reported deaths in children under 10, according to a study published in JAMA last month. (In contrast, there have been 136 pediatric deaths from influenza in the U.S. this flu season.) Three percent of Covid-19 cases occurred in people over 80, while 87% were in those 30 to 79 years-old.”

“At this point the evidence suggests that children have a reduced risk of developing symptomatic infections,” says Karen Kotloff, head of the division of pediatric infectious disease at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. “They seem to be less likely to become infected and when they get infected they seem to be less likely to develop severe disease.”

@schoonerwest make sure you find out what’s MrBaracus does and tell him to listen to the experts.

Regardless of whatever the reality is, I was referring to the attitude of people that spew that line. We hear it about the flu all the time. "Whattya freakin out for, it's only gonna kill ya kids and parents/grandparents!"

But I've also heard it a lot in reference to corona. I have no idea what the statistics show. I also don't trust stats coming out of China.

Regardless of whatever the reality is, I was referring to the attitude of people that spew that line. We hear it about the flu all the time. "Whattya freakin out for, it's only gonna kill ya kids and parents/grandparents!"

But I've also heard it a lot in reference to corona. I have no idea what the statistics show. I also don't trust stats coming out of China.

Ok I thought you meant it with COVID-19. Everything I’ve been reading has said that it’s not that bad for kids. Misunderstanding.

Reactions: I am stupid
Just had a moment of clarity. Its all beginning to make sense. The puzzle pieces are slowly coming together, but soon the picture will be revealed. Alex Jones was arrested last night for DUI even though he was under the limit. He was arrested because he knows the truth and was about to spill the beans.

Trump and China were working on a trade deal, and finally agreed to one recently. This trade deal hurt China. China decides the only way to stop Trump is to work together with the Democrats to release a virus that targets old white men aka TRUMP supporters.

They got the virus from the Illuminati who Trump has been kicking out of the white house and other high up positions. The only way to protect yourself from this is buying Survival Shield X-2 from Infowars. Hurry now before the lizzard people destroy all the supply.

If they shut off the attendance for the NCAAT, it will set ratings records that will probably never be matched.

Signed,
Captain Obvious

Just had a moment of clarity. Its all beginning to make sense. The puzzle pieces are slowly coming together, but soon the picture will be revealed. Alex Jones was arrested last night for DUI even though he was under the limit. He was arrested because he knows the truth and was about to spill the beans.

Trump and China were working on a trade deal, and finally agreed to one recently. This trade deal hurt China. China decides the only way to stop Trump is to work together with the Democrats to release a virus that targets old white men aka TRUMP supporters.

They got the virus from the Illuminati who Trump has been kicking out of the white house and other high up positions. The only way to protect yourself from this is buying Survival Shield X-2 from Infowars. Hurry now before the lizzard people destroy all the supply.
giphy.gif

Reactions: I am stupid
Am likely going to have to cancel our first family vacation in 10 years that everyone would be in attendance (cruise). :(.
Not because we're concerned about its lethality, but because we're afraid the state dept. won't let us disembark. :mad:

We've seen how quickly its ravaged Italy in just a few weeks Borden. It has killed 631 people and infected 10,000+ in a matter of days.

The reason people are panicking is because even if a healthy young person caught a strain of the virus while attending a large sporting event, class or a concert; he or she could easily spread it to an older person with a weak immune system just days or weeks later.
You mean just as they could by going grocery shopping......??

But the whole "It's the flu! It's the media! Its hype!" seems like just lazy "stick your fingers in your ears" stuff, especially when you consider how many vulnerable people we all come in contact with every day, from immuno-compromised sick people to grandparents whose bodies are not as strong as they once were. And yes, some perfectly healthy, average age people are dying from it too.

Wash your hands. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. I'd say if you want to make sure you have food in the house, do so, but some might think that is paranoid. No need to be building bunkers. And listen to the people who know stuff.

Apparently this is called panicking. Because you're liberal (or as Crappy Davenport would say, communist).

Am likely going to have to cancel our first family vacation in 10 years that everyone would be in attendance (cruise). :(.
Not because we're concerned about its lethality, but because we're afraid the state dept. won't let us disembark. :mad:

Trump is to COVID-19 numbers as Smokey is to bowling: no matter the rules, "Mark it 8, dude!"

It's weird the Ivy League put that out when their regular season winner has always been the one who goes dancing I think.

It’s worse for old and sick people, yeah. You and I? No.

I agree. In fact, my dermatologist told me to keep taking my Humira. However, I think people being concerned about it because of its impact on the elderly is rational. To me, the biggest difference between it and the flu would be the lack of a vaccine or any sort of antibodies maybe?? I don't know but that seems reasonable. I'm just a gym teacher though.

I saw a dude on twitter get sprayed with Lysol aerosol head to toe. It's f'd up.

My wife does that to me when I get the flu.

One of my vacations this summer is at Tybee Island so maybe they will shut the island off from everyone while we are there. That would be pretty awesome.

It will be interesting to see how they cancel school going forward. If you cancel school then suddenly hundreds or thousands of kids in those districts need somebody at home to take care of them. In the case of nurses and hospital workers, a report (referenced in that podcast I mentioned yesterday) says that 28% of them would have to stay at home to look after their kids in the case that school was cancelled. That would put a much higher burden on the hospital staff which is already projected to be thin in the worst cases. You also would have plenty of other 9-5 type workers that would need to stay home to look after them. That is lost production which will result in lost wages, lower earnings and all that jazz that affects the economy. Governments have to be very careful with how they proceed with these closings.

It's also why you have to be careful with how you cancel things. Festivals, tournaments, large public gatherings are generally just one off's during the year and you can postpone them pretty easily. It sucks but the world doesn't revolve around them. That's why you're seeing so many of them getting mentioned right now. You don't close things like grocery stores, shopping centers, malls, gas stations or any other place where hundreds and hundreds of people will cross paths on a daily basis. Not yet atleast. Those are places that are economy thrives off of and are essential to our daily lives. You only close those in worst case scenarios.

Like I've read and heard before, we're just now seeing the beginning of what is coming per people a lot smarter than I am.

I think it’s now almost a lock the tourney will be played in front of no fans or cancelled all together

It will be interesting to see how they cancel school going forward. If you cancel school then suddenly hundreds or thousands of kids in those districts need somebody at home to take care of them. In the case of nurses and hospital workers, a report (referenced in that podcast I mentioned yesterday) says that 28% of them would have to stay at home to look after their kids in the case that school was cancelled. That would put a much higher burden on the hospital staff which is already projected to be thin in the worst cases. You also would have plenty of other 9-5 type workers that would need to stay home to look after them. That is lost production which will result in lost wages, lower earnings and all that jazz that affects the economy. Governments have to be very careful with how they proceed with these closings.

It's also why you have to be careful with how you cancel things. Festivals, tournaments, large public gatherings are generally just one off's during the year and you can postpone them pretty easily. It sucks but the world doesn't revolve around them. That's why you're seeing so many of them getting mentioned right now. You don't close things like grocery stores, shopping centers, malls, gas stations or any other place where hundreds and hundreds of people will cross paths on a daily basis. Not yet atleast. Those are places that are economy thrives off of and are essential to our daily lives. You only close those in worst case scenarios.

Like I've read and heard before, we're just now seeing the beginning of what is coming per people a lot smarter than I am.
I think there needs to be an official statement from our CDC that covers every aspect of the virus that the general pop can understand. How is it different from the regular flu, why is it such a big deal if its just the flu (they need to explain the danger of a large number of people getting it at one time, the risk/ratio of someone getting the virus, beating it, and then being re-exposed b/c somebody has it. Does being around it constantly affect your ability to get it after you've had it? Is it much more serious if you get it again?

I think it’s now almost a lock the tourney will be played in front of no fans or cancelled all together
Cancelling it would be a real shame.

They should do like the CFB Playoff and just invite 4 teams.

Kansas
Baylor
Dayton
Gonzaga

We can all agree on that, right?

I wasn't getting worried until yesterday, when it seemed like the smaller conferences and some of the power ones even were issuing statements. Either cancelling their tournaments all together, letting people know that no fans will be there, or confirming nothing has changed yet.

But now it seems almost inevitable that at the very least there will be no fans at the tournament. I hope like hell I'm wrong, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT