ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo... how about that corona virus...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the "what are we alarmed for? It only kills kids and old people!" approach.

Who cares about those people, amirite?

I like how you just include this part like it's no big deal. Lol.

Also, your article is like 1 month old. It's using data that goes from 12/31/2019 to 2/11/2020.
No, its not....

Editor's note: Updated March 6 with the latest information on COVID-19.

Pretty sure Match 6th wasn't a month ago....

I love the "what are we alarmed for? It only kills kids and old people!" approach.

Who cares about those people, amirite?

Kids? Wtf are you talking about?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-vulnerable-are-children-to-the-new-coronavirus-11583858781

“Only 2% of the patients in a review of nearly 45,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases in China were children, and there were no reported deaths in children under 10, according to a study published in JAMA last month. (In contrast, there have been 136 pediatric deaths from influenza in the U.S. this flu season.) Three percent of Covid-19 cases occurred in people over 80, while 87% were in those 30 to 79 years-old.”

“At this point the evidence suggests that children have a reduced risk of developing symptomatic infections,” says Karen Kotloff, head of the division of pediatric infectious disease at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. “They seem to be less likely to become infected and when they get infected they seem to be less likely to develop severe disease.”

@schoonerwest make sure you find out what’s MrBaracus does and tell him to listen to the experts.

1, Where are you getting your info from? Do you work for the CDC? Are you affiliated with doctors who study this? Are you getting direct info from them? If not, and I'd say that is the case, then you are getting your info from the same place I am. Only difference is---You are choosing info that suports your argument,

2. A month old article, isn't THAT old. I've compared to articles of today, yesterday, last week...They are basically saying the same thing. Its not as if I use info from 7 months ago.

I'm not brushing it off. Its a disease that little is knwon about. BUT...people are acting as if its killing people like the small pox. Its not. As of now, its no worse than the flu.

If you wanna panic, go buy hundreds of bottles of hand sanitizer, dress in a bubble---have it. THat's your choice.

Okay, last post, I swear.

Nobody is treating it like small pox. Absolutely nobody.

It IS worse than the flu, according to every healthy expert on earth.

And nobody here is saying you should buy hundreds of bottles of hand sanitizer or dress in a bubble.

But people ARE saying that we shouldn't be dismissing it as just the flu, because every single health expert on earth says that it isn't.

Good lord, can't there be something in between "EVERYONE THINKS IT IS SMALLPOX!" and "IT IS JUST THE FLU!"?

And thanks for the good wishes... fingers crossed for everyone.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
This isn't my opinion....Its those same folks you trust, opinions. You know, the CDC, gov't agencies and doctors that specialize in this type of stuff. And OK, its a month old. Wht has changed? Do they know more----Less? Same? What?
We've seen how quickly its ravaged Italy in just a few weeks Borden. It has killed 631 people and infected 10,000+ in a matter of days.

The reason people are panicking is because even if a healthy young person caught a strain of the virus while attending a large sporting event, class or a concert; he or she could easily spread it to an older person with a weak immune system just days or weeks later.

Kids? Wtf are you talking about?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-vulnerable-are-children-to-the-new-coronavirus-11583858781

“Only 2% of the patients in a review of nearly 45,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases in China were children, and there were no reported deaths in children under 10, according to a study published in JAMA last month. (In contrast, there have been 136 pediatric deaths from influenza in the U.S. this flu season.) Three percent of Covid-19 cases occurred in people over 80, while 87% were in those 30 to 79 years-old.”

“At this point the evidence suggests that children have a reduced risk of developing symptomatic infections,” says Karen Kotloff, head of the division of pediatric infectious disease at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. “They seem to be less likely to become infected and when they get infected they seem to be less likely to develop severe disease.”

@schoonerwest make sure you find out what’s MrBaracus does and tell him to listen to the experts.
Rogan has a guy on named Michael Osterholm. Listening to it now. It’s good stuff. Short summary so far, this is just the beginning.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Schooner I’m surprised you aren’t telling MrB to stick to his profession after he’s out here acting like kids are dropping like flies from COVID-19 or TheDude after citing the 480,000 deaths in two months number.

You’ve already done it to Borden and I.

So in short, liberals taking caution...republicans mocking the liberals taking caution telling them they’re panicking for no reason. Solid thread.

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
Rogan has a guy on named Michael Osterholm. Listening to it now. It’s good stuff. Short summary so far, this is just the beginning.

That’s what most people seem to think.

There is some good news, tho... some places that were super aggressive (South Korea) are starting to see a downswing in new cases.

Not sure if we are going to get there any time soon...

Lol, you surely know alot more than this guy........

"Michael T. Osterholm is a public health scientist and a biosecurity and infectious disease expert in the United States.[1] Osterholm is the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota and a Regents Professor, the McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the University of Minnesota Medical School,[2] all at the University of Minnesota. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Osterholm

"Michael T. Osterholm is a public health scientist and a biosecurity and infectious disease expert in the United States.[1] Osterholm is the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota and a Regents Professor, the McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the University of Minnesota Medical School,[2] all at the University of Minnesota. "

Where did I imply that I did?

Great interview. And, yeah. This dude over any nurse.

Schooner I’m surprised you aren’t telling MrB to stick to his profession after he’s out here acting like kids are dropping like flies from COVID-19 or TheDude after citing the 480,000 deaths in two months number.

You’ve already done it to Borden and I.
I like calling out people who overreact more than I like calling out people on things I’m not an expert on.

That’s what most people seem to think.

There is some good news, tho... some places that were super aggressive (South Korea) are starting to see a downswing in new cases.

Not sure if we are going to get there any time soon...
The guy mentioned above has implied that he and his colleagues are preparing for this to become 10x worse than the regular flu and that we need to be prepared for months of what we’ve been seeing so far. Possibly until the end of the year and longer.

I like calling out people who overreact more than I like calling out people on things I’m not an expert on.

Well what have the experts said on the mortality rate as it pertains COVID-19 and children?

What I’ve read from experts has me believing MrB is “overreacting” on how bad the virus is for kids. So far, experts are saying the season flu is worse for kids that COVID-19.

When all this is over, there's going to be one guy left on here, and posts "hello" every day for the rest of his life hoping someone somewhere responds back with "your team is dead. Laughing Suck it Loser!"

Reactions: Deathclutch
When all this is over, there's going to be one guy left on here, and posts "hello" every day for the rest of his life hoping someone somewhere responds back with "your team is dead. Laughing Suck it Loser!"

One guy... and a bunch of chinese spammers.

Come on, corona... do your job!

Hail calling you out for mentioning the 480,000 deaths. Then admits he knows less than the expert who mentioned 480,000 deaths on Rogan today (unless I didn’t hear him right).

I’m calling him out for saying that 480,000 deaths would be in 2 months. That is was the OP of the tweet originally stated. The OP the corrected the tweet in saying that the 480,000 projection is over the course of the virus, not within 2 months.

One guy... and a bunch of chinese spammers.

Come on, corona... do your job!
Haha, the only ones left will be of all "people"/ Chinese...spammers. Who gets the last laugh now, humans?

Wait, could the Chinese spammers be behind this? Were they trying to help with a heads up on the miracle cures?

You’re insufferable. Lol. Keep up the good fight.

Your blivious when you’re wrong.

Go look at what I actually called TheDude out for. It was not correcting the “within 2 months” part of the 480,000 deaths.

I accept your apology for your misunderstanding.

Apparently lots of Asian Americans facing some extreme racism the past couple months, which is sad. Read something about an elderly woman being sprayed with Febreeze in her face, as she was told to go back to her country. Sad.

Apparently lots of Asian Americans facing some extreme racism the past couple months, which is sad. Read something about an elderly woman being sprayed with Febreeze in her face, as she was told to go back to her country. Sad.
I saw a dude on twitter get sprayed with Lysol aerosol head to toe. It's f'd up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT