ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Final Four Picks?

It's a big if but if Jones will play and play like he did last year I too can see Texas making a run, he's really good.

Also a deep sleeper I like, probably more for a surprise sweet 16 team than final 4 is St Johns they return 2 nba prospects (as season goes on Justin Simon will finally start getting nba love), Mustapha Heron is supposed to be cleared to play this year, Marvin Clark is pretty good too. Only thing they lack is size

Who's their starting five and bench?
@Mgkcbb
giphy.gif

I have no clue who Underwood will ultimately start, butI think their best lineup is going to be:

Feliz
Frazier
Ayo
Kipper Nichols
De la Rosa

Their sixth man will ve a 6'5ish guy who shot 46.3% from 3 on nearly 100 attempts last season. If the team remains relatively healthy, they are going to score a ton of points and have a chance to be one of the 25 best offenses in the nation.

My other sleeper is USC.

I have no clue who Underwood will ultimately start, butI think their best lineup is going to be:

Feliz
Frazier
Ayo
Kipper Nichols
De la Rosa

Their sixth man will ve a 6'5ish guy who shot 46.3% from 3 on nearly 100 attempts last season. If the team remains relatively healthy, they are going to score a ton of points and have a chance to be one of the 25 best offenses in the nation.

My other sleeper is USC.
Feliz is a JC player and those rarely turn out well. Had virtually no good offers. Ayo is obviously talented, but he's gonna struggle with his shot at this level and overall like any freshman. De La Rosa is a MAC player coming off an ACL tear in March. Frazier and Nichols are solid. Don't see anything better than 7-13 in conference, and that's being generous. I'd guess 5-15.

Feliz is a JC player and those rarely turn out well. Had virtually no good offers. Ayo is obviously talented, but he's gonna struggle with his shot at this level and overall like any freshman. De La Rosa is a MAC player coming off an ACL tear in March. Frazier and Nichols are solid. Don't see anything better than 7-13 in conference, and that's being generous. I'd guess 5-15.

To the bolded, Not no more!

Go look up Feliz stats and video. He projects to be very good in my eyes. 42% from 3. 77% FT. Quick, athletic.

Plus, Illinois is going to be playing with 3 point guards. They are going to be hard to defend.

Here is what Underwood had to say about it

“I think everybody gets excited about bigs. Draymond Green is Golden State’s center. Draymond is 6’6”, maybe 6’7”. The most important thing to us in our system is guard play. Because it’s about breaking the defense down, it’s about playing with some tempo and pace. All of (our) perimeter players are different,” Underwood said in the interview. “Villanova played a lot of the time in the Final Four with three point guards on the court. So you could see Trent, Ayo and Andres Feliz on the court together. And I love the versatility because it’s creativity, it’s good basketball players and they can all do things that enable you to win. Pass, guard, shoot it, get it into the paint.”

To the bolded, Not no more!

Go look up Feliz stats and video. He projects to be very good in my eyes. 42% from 3. 77% FT. Quick, athletic.
After playing two years of juco ball, it looks like one school offered him according to rivals. Illinois. That screams that the guy just isn't that good. We'll see soon enough.

After playing two years of juco ball, it looks like one school offered him according to rivals. Illinois. That screams that the guy just isn't that good. We'll see soon enough.

Even if hes terrible, at least he wont be as bad at basketball as Josh Langford is, and MSU is planning on Langford playing 30+ minutes per game. I think hes going to be really good next to Ayo and Frazier, though.

All of his his highlights are him getting to the rim at will and finishing over big guys(61% from the field last season), then you pair that with the fact he made 42% of his 3s on 3 attempts per game, is a 77% FT shooter, and averaged 6.1 assists(2.7 assist to turnover ratio) and 3 steals per game and he looks like a damn good prospect to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT