ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Final Four Picks?

giphy.gif

The two teams I'm highest on are Oregon and LSU.

I'm also interested to see the development of TCU; they bring back 5 of their top 7 + they red-shirted four of the freshmen last year (including two guys that 4* recruits). They should be really solid... I also think Miss State, Florida, Washington, UCLA, Marquette, and Florida State are teams to keep an eye on. Okay, I picked too many teams... so just me down for Oregon and LSU.

The two teams I'm highest on are Oregon and LSU.

I'm also interested to see the development of TCU; they bring back 5 of their top 7 + they red-shirted four of the freshmen last year (including two guys that 4* recruits). They should be really solid... I also think Miss State, Florida, Washington, UCLA, Marquette, and Florida State are teams to keep an eye on. Okay, I picked too many teams... so just me down for Oregon and LSU.

Four redshirts for TCU? What the hell. Wasn't aware of that. They could be a problem.

Reactions: dukedevilz
We don't have any Zions though. That dude is scary talented.

I was more impressed with him than RJ Barrett in the Canadian tour, to be honest... Fun player to watch. I'm excited to see his progression.

I honestly think the ACC has 8 of the top 25 teams. But certainly with that many quality teams, there's bound to be a few schools with too many losses for top 25 consideration. There will be cases like a 9th-seeded FSU making the Elite 8 - or an 11th-seeded Syracuse making the Sweet 16... I see Virginia, Duke, UNC, FSU, NC State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Syracuse all as top 25 teams.

I was more impressed with him than RJ Barrett in the Canadian tour, to be honest... Fun player to watch. I'm excited to see his progression.

I honestly think the ACC has 8 of the top 25 teams. But certainly with that many quality teams, there's bound to be a few schools with too many losses for top 25 consideration. There will be cases like a 9th-seeded FSU making the Elite 8 - or an 11th-seeded Syracuse making the Sweet 16... I see Virginia, Duke, UNC, FSU, NC State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, and Syracuse all as top 25 teams.
I agree, I thought he looked like Shaqfu from what I have seen.

Reactions: dukedevilz

I just love when they let loose the Conference Champs in the NIT.
Wreck It Ralph style..
==================================

LSU, Syracuse, Mississippi State, Iowa State, Michigan, Maryland*, Iowa* and Texas* (*ugh, if not for coaching)..
==================================
Four redshirts for TCU? What the hell. Wasn't aware of that. They could be a problem.

Right now their known rotation players are all 6'7" or smaller sans one >15 minute guy at 6'8". They have two freshman red shirt Cs eligible as well as the JUCO, four 4* guards, Bane, Noi and the wing frosh Archie. If one of those bigs can be serviceable and improve on that 120s ranked team rebounding (they lost both Williams' and Brodziansky's combined 14+ reb/g), they'll be a real factor.

Syracuse. I'm not a fan of them, but I don't know why they aren't getting any attention. All 5 starters return, plus ol' Boeheim may have a little bench.
Was able to see that zone live for the first time in my life in March when they beat MSU. You don't truly understand how good and suffocating that defense is until you witness it in person. They had the Spartans so rattled.

Was able to see that zone live for the first time in my life in March when they beat MSU. You don't truly understand how good and suffocating that defense is until you witness it in person. They had the Spartans so rattled.

Yep. Their starting 5 is 6'5, 6'6, 6'8, 6'10, 7'2... Hard to find open spaces with all those long arms. Cuse is capable of beating any team in the country, no question. I'm always leery about picking them, however, because their shooting percentages are bloody awful. But maybe with Jalen Carey, Elijah Hughes, and Robert Braswell getting into the lineup, guys like Howard/Battle/Brissett won't have to play 40 minutes... tired legs can certainly effect shooting percentages.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
I think they are overhyped much like Northwestern last year. Yeah, they have Palmer, Copeland, Roby and Watson but after that, yikes. No depth at all and lost some pretty good players from a team that didn't make NCAAs a year ago.
Transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT