ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Season Thread

Kentucky is lucky that they got us early in the season……

Calipari’s Coaching Tree

tall-tree-no-branches-autumnal-setting-took-visit-to-glade-sidcup-kent-was-surprised-to-see-where-80355178.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JackStorm
That metric is beyond moronic; Cocks beat UTjr in Knoxville and the next day went down that poll. It’s bc Cocks play defense and only scored 63 and won by 3.
That ranking wants 100 point shootouts like UF/Auburn. It’s a neat little metric but; Simply just not the way basketball works.

That metric is beyond moronic; Cocks beat UTjr in Knoxville and the next day went down that poll. It’s bc Cocks play defense and only scored 63 and won by 3.
That ranking wants 100 point shootouts like UF/Auburn. It’s a neat little metric but; Simply just not the way basketball works.
You should tell that to the selection committee, who uses that a fair amount.

SCar has been a nice story but your best wins are over a Tennessee team with a losing Q1 record and a Kentucky team in freefall and among the worst defensive P6 teams in a while. And you lost a home game to a pitiful Georgia team.

Anyone who analyzes basketball for a living wouldn't put SCar's resume in the top 10 right now.

PS If you think the way you play and your defense are the reasons the metrics don't look favorably upon you, how do you explain Houston?

• Haha

SCar has been a nice story but your best wins are over a Tennessee team with a losing Q1 record and a Kentucky team in freefall and among the worst defensive P6 teams in a while. And you lost a home game to a pitiful Georgia team.

Anyone who analyzes basketball for a living wouldn't put SCar's resume in the top 10 right now.

PS If you think the way you play and your defense are the reasons the metrics don't look favorably upon you, how do you explain Houston?
Actually, the majority of the 62 sportswriters and broadcasters from across the nation who analyze basketball for living just ranked the COCKS in the top 10. But because of a few bone heads, it averaged out to #11. Have a look here for yourself. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
LOL. Nice try moron

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Do you bleach your asshole?

Noted.

I thought we were talking resumes. Because that's not what most AP voters look at.
Heres two resumes;

13-11
Quad 1; 3-6. Quad 2; 3-2. Quad 3; 3-2. Quad 4; 4-0.

21-3
Quad 1; 3-2. Quad 2; 5-0. Quad 3; 4-1. Quad 4; 8-0.

The 13-11 team with much less quad wins and much more quad losses in every quad is ranked higher. Please explain without stuttering and muttering "but...but...but..." and explain that.

• Haha
Heres two resumes;

13-11

21-3

The 13-11 team with much less quad wins and much more quad losses in every quad is ranked higher. Please explain without stuttering and muttering but...but...but... and explain that.
I wasn't looking at the NET rankings. They have issues. If I was, I would have said SCar is outside the top 30, not top 10.

But when you dig into things like Q1/Q2 records and losses outside of Q2, there are a lot of holes in SCar's resume. You have the 335th ranked Non-conference schedule. That's embarrassingly bad.

I get having a new roster and wanting to ease into the schedule. It's understandable to do so. But don't play that schedule and then claim a superior resume with that much fluff.

I mean, Purdue lost at Nebraska and Northwestern and should have lost at home to Northwestern, but look where Purdue is ranked.

• Haha
I mean, Purdue lost at Nebraska and Northwestern and should have lost at home to Northwestern, but look where Purdue is ranked.
Nebraska and Northwestern are juggernauts tho.
wait he means womens nebraska and northwestern right?

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Heres two resumes;

13-11

21-3

The 13-11 team with much less quad wins and much more quad losses in every quad is ranked higher. Please explain without stuttering and muttering "but...but...but..." and explain that.

@dukedevilz loves this kind of stuff.

wongwingchun58.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
I’m enjoying seeing South Carolina rise! If you have a less-than-desired ranking, here’s what UK’s punk-ass, piss ant performances with every loss is doing to your SOS;

tumblr_lxq9db3ijP1qfr6udo8_400.gif

giphy.gif

Sadly, it’s all we have this year . . .

Last edited:
Heres two resumes;

13-11

21-3

Nova is also ranked higher in KenPom. Margins definitely play a factor. Villanova is 4-8 in games decided by 10 points or less, whereas South Carolina is 13-2. Villanova's luck factor is 359th (out of 362 school) - and SC is 15th. SC is also hurt by have close victories against 3 different schools that are ranked 300th or lower.

The Net Ranking is only important, though, as you're assigning games into the different Quad brackets. South Carolina is currently projected as a 5 seed, while Nova is on the wrong side of the bubble. So, while the metrics give a slight advantage to Nova for having close losses and big wins, SC's resume is far superior and results do matter.

You serious Clark?
Yes, I am. Losing to Nebraska and Northwestern is pretty bad. Do you think the seperation between a Purdue and a uSC should be that much?
South Carolina has played a tough conference schedule, yet only has 3 total losses on the season and a couple good wins, including a road win at 5th ranked Tennessee.
Sometimes the numbers don't make sense for certain teams, I think this is one of those cases.

Nebraska and Northwestern are juggernauts tho.
wait he means womens nebraska and northwestern right?
Purdue is really good, but those two losses and the home game against Northwestern are concerning.
Truth is, the BIG10 is very weak this year, so while Purdue could go on the road and beat a team like Tennessee, they haven't done that. There is no team in the BIG that is a challenge for Purdue.
The fact that SC only has 3 total losses with wins @UT, @UGA and over UK (when they were playing well) should mean more than it does.

Last edited:
Yes, I am. Losing to Nebraska and Northwestern is pretty bad. Do you think the seperation between a Purdue and a uSC should be that much?
South Carolina has played a tough conference schedule, yet only has 3 total losses on the season and a couple good wins, including a road win at 5th ranked Tennessee.
Sometimes the numbers don't make sense for certain teams, I think this is one of those cases.

You know Northwestern and Nebraska are both currently projected as comfortably in the tournament, right?

A few nuggets for you:
  • Purdue has played the toughest schedule in the country this year and it’s not close.
  • Purdue has the most Q1 wins this year with 8 (tied with Connecticut)
  • Purdue has the most Q1/Q2 wins with 15. UConn has 13. No one else has more than 10.
  • Purdue is one of 2 P6 schools without a loss outside of Q1 (Houston is the other)
  • Purdue has wins over 5 current top 15 teams ranked in the AP poll. No one else has more than 2.

Feel free to question our NCAA tourney history (we deserve it). But questioning our current resume makes you appear uneducated.

You know Northwestern and Nebraska are both currently projected as comfortably in the tournament, right?

A few nuggets for you:
  • Purdue has played the toughest schedule in the country this year and it’s not close.
  • Purdue has the most Q1/Q2 wins with 15. UConn has 13. No one else has more than 10.
  • Purdue is one of 2 P6 schools without a loss outside of Q1 (Houston is the other)
  • Purdue has wins over 5 current top 15 teams ranked in the AP poll. No one else has more than 2.

Feel free to question our NCAA tourney history (we deserve it). But questioning our current resume makes you appear uneducated.
Current resume? You mean getting smoked by 20 points to a really bad Nebraska team? Losing to an absolutely high school level Northwestern?
Team is good, but just not on the same level as UCONN and the COCKS. Those two have better quality loses

Current resume? You mean getting smoked by 20 points to a really bad Nebraska team? Losing to an absolutely high school level Northwestern?
Team is good, but just not on the same level as UCONN and the COCKS. Those two have better quality loses
Tell me you don’t follow basketball outside of South Carolina without telling me you don’t follow basketball outside of South Carolina.

• Haha

A few nuggets for you:

Most of those Q1 wins came in November and December and agsinst teams in the BIG10 that just aren't very good.

Since January 1st, who has Purdue beaten that you would say was an.impressive win?

Also, just because Purdue has some Q1 wins, doesn't mean South Carolina couldn't do the same. Any team that goes into Knoxville and beats UT, is pretty good.

• Love
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Most of those Q1 wins came in November and December and agsinst teams in the BIG10 that just aren't very good.

Since January 1st, who has Purdue beaten that you would say was an.impressive win?

Also, just because Purdue has some Q1 wins, doesn't mean South Carolina couldn't do the same. Any team that goes into Knoxville and beats UT, is pretty good.
You know this whole conversation has been about resumes, right? You know what a resume is?

Is a win diminished because it was in November or December? I haven't seen that in the rulebook. Can you point that out to me?

KenPom has the SEC and B1G virtually dead even in the conference rankings. So if Purdue's wins suck, what would you call South Carolina's if you were truly unbiased?

Would you say Georgia is pretty good? After all, they went into Columbia and beat South Carolina?

The circles you are talking in are just comedically bad. You definitely weren't the captain of the debate team, were you?

By the way, not once have I said South Carolina is not a good team. I simply responded to the clearly incorrect assessment that they have a top 5 resume. It's really not close.

Reactions: guru_tc
You know this whole conversation has been about resumes, right? You know what a resume is?

Is a win diminished because it was in November or December? I haven't seen that in the rulebook. Can you point that out to me?

KenPom has the SEC and B1G virtually dead even in the conference rankings. So if Purdue's wins suck, what would you call South Carolina's if you were truly unbiased?

Would you say Georgia is pretty good? After all, they went into Columbia and beat South Carolina?

The circles you are talking in are just comedically bad. You definitely weren't the captain of the debate team, were you?
You make some great points and I have great respect for Purdue and the B1G in general as they take CBB seriously. However, I take issue with you putting Jeff down. He is an emotional wreck due to a bout of Cal-itius and Cal-itius is a bug spreading throughout BBN. So, lighten up a little.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz

If you think the BIG10 is on par with the SEC, I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

Yeah, I do know what a resume us, but again, you are just not smart if you think any team you played in November/December hasn't improved. Every team improves at a different rate, some have key injuries, some have players returning after injuries.

Last edited:
If you think the BIG10 is on par with the SEC, I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

Yeah, I do know what a resume us, but again, you are just not smart if you think any team you played in November/December hasn't improved. Every team improves at a different rate, some have key injuries, some have players returning after injuries.
Of course some teams improve. Some get worse too. Injuries can happen both ways. Marquette lost Sean Jones for the season a couple of weeks ago.

This year's tournament will be chaos. I haven't seen one team where I think to myself...wow nobody's beating that squad. Gonna be a shit show with a ton of upsets IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT