ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Big Ten...

Sounds like you're just making excuses for being a fan of a shit program with a shit coach. We beat 2 seed Duke as a 7 seed in 2008. We beat 2 seed Wake Forest with Chris Paul as a 7 seed in 2005. We also beat 2 seed Cincy as a 10 seed in 1998. It happens... unless you're Iowa.

No comment on your loss to 14 seed Northwestern State as a 3 seed in 2006? (to be fair, we lost a 3-14 game in 2016)

What do you think that says about Iowa and the Big Ten that you can finish 3rd in the league multiple times and still only get 7 seeds?

Fran has been a head coach for 30+ years and has never even been to a Sweet 16. He's a terrible coach.
this is his 1st P5 HC job. for 9 years he was a assistant coach at Notre Lame,

but now that you bring it up he is just 1 of a handful of Coaches that took over losing programs and turned them into NCAAT teams, the 1st 3 were mid majors before he took over as Iowa's HC. and took them from the depths of hell to the NIT Championship game in year 3. 3 NIT's and 4 NCAAT's. with less talent. 1st 6 years there were just 2 top 100 4* players on his teams.

now in this class there are 4 top 100 4* players one of which is RS'ing due to a residual illiness related to a cancerous Thyroid that was removed.

you sure do lie don't you even when told the facts.

I gave you too much credit... you havent been out of the first weekend at all in 20 years. I realize iowa fans dont know how the tourney works, but the first weekend is the 1st and 2nd rounds. Iowa hasnt been past the 2nd round since 1999. Facts.

this is his 1st P5 HC job. for 9 years he was a assistant coach at Notre Lame,

but now that you bring it up he is just 1 of a handful of Coaches that took over losing programs and turned them into NCAAT teams, the 1st 3 were mid majors before he took over as Iowa's HC. and took them from the depths of hell to the NIT Championship game in year 3. 3 NIT's and 4 NCAAT's. with less talent. 1st 6 years there were just 2 top 100 4* players on his teams.

now in this class there are 4 top 100 4* players one of which is RS'ing due to a residual illiness related to a cancerous Thyroid that was removed.

Just stop. He's 60 years old. Been a head coach for 30+ years and never seen a Sweet 16.

You act like he's rebuilding Iowa. The man has been there 10 years and cant get out of the 2nd round.

Just stop. He's 60 years old. Been a head coach for 30+ years and never seen a Sweet 16.

You act like he's rebuilding Iowa. The man has been there 10 years and cant get out of the 2nd round.
you act like the top players are beating down the doors to get into Iowa, in Frans 1st 7 years the state of Iowa has produced just 2 top 100 4* players,
PG Paige who went to UNCHEATS.
C Woodbury who chose Iowa
PG Greene who went to UNI because his father works there and he grew up 15 minutes from UNI's campus.

now in the last 3 years Iowa has produced these
4* just outside ESPN's top 100 PG Jordan who is out with a hip surgery
Top 100 4* G Connor McCaffrey
Top 100 4* WG Wieskamp
Top 100 4* F Patrick McCaffrey who is RS'ing,

out of state players in the last 4 seasons
Top 50 4* PF Cook who went to the NBA last summers as a JR from Missouri.
Top 100 4* C Garza from Washington DC
4* outside the top 100 grade 80 PG Toussaint from NYC

in the 20 class top 100 4* C Foster is going to ISU. for Iowa starts in state, the state of Iowa does not produce the level that is needed to compete at the level you think they should.

even when they do get a Elite in state they go out of state to teams like UNCheats or Kansas, who has been exposed as a cheater, kinda hard to compete in recruiting with known cheaters.
right now Fredrick who is from Kentucky who was Kentucky's Gatorade POY was willing to walk because at the time Fran did not have a scholly open, the 1st scholly that opened up he got,

@hailtoyourvictor

so... still think michigan is making the tourney? SmokinSmile

I told you i wasn't trolling. I believed Michigan was garbage, and they're proving me right.

you act like the top players are beating down the doors to get into Iowa, in Frans 1st 7 years the state of Iowa has produced just 2 top 100 4* players,
PG Paige who went to UNCHEATS.
C Woodbury who chose Iowa
PG Greene who went to UNI because his father works there and he grew up 15 minutes from UNI's campus.

now in the last 3 years Iowa has produced these
4* just outside ESPN's top 100 PG Jordan who is out with a hip surgery
Top 100 4* G Connor McCaffrey
Top 100 4* WG Wieskamp
Top 100 4* F Patrick McCaffrey who is RS'ing,

out of state players in the last 4 seasons
Top 50 4* PF Cook who went to the NBA last summers as a JR from Missouri.
Top 100 4* C Garza from Washington DC
4* outside the top 100 grade 80 PG Toussaint from NYC

in the 20 class top 100 4* C Foster is going to ISU. for Iowa starts in state, the state of Iowa does not produce the level that is needed to compete at the level you think they should.

even when they do get a Elite in state they go out of state to teams like UNCheats or Kansas, who has been exposed as a cheater, kinda hard to compete in recruiting with known cheaters.
right now Fredrick who is from Kentucky who was Kentucky's Gatorade POY was willing to walk because at the time Fran did not have a scholly open, the 1st scholly that opened up he got,
ESPN rankings?
giphy.gif

Reactions: bMORE607
ESPN rankings?
giphy.gif
they are more accurate than Rivals

Michigan's Trey Brookes was a 3* by Rival but was #75 top 100 4* by ESPN
Uthoff was a 3* by Rivals but was a top 100 4* by ESPN
Jordan was a 3* by Rivals but was a 4* by ESPN
Patrick was a 5* by Rivals but a certain evaluator posted that he needed to have a Elite team to offer him to JUSTIFY that high ranking
Toussaint was a 4* by ESPN he is making FR mistakes but he took a big step last night.

that told me all I needed to know about how players get rated,

its even worse in FB
DE Craig was just dropped out of their top 250 and lost his bonus points
QB Hogan was dropped out of their top 250

this year AA SDE Jones is just a 3* when he is rated #103 by 247. SO You can shove your STOP IT up your A**

they are more accurate than Rivals

Michigan's Trey Brookes was a 3* by Rival but was #75 top 100 4* by ESPN
Uthoff was a 3* by Rivals but was a top 100 4* by ESPN
Jordan was a 3* by Rivals but was a 4* by ESPN
Patrick was a 5* by Rivals but a certain evaluator posted that he needed to have a Elite team to offer him to JUSTIFY that high ranking
Toussaint was a 4* by ESPN he is making FR mistakes but he took a big step last night.

that told me all I needed to know about how players get rated,

its even worse in FB
DE Craig was just dropped out of their top 250 and lost his bonus points
QB Hogan was dropped out of their top 250

this year AA SDE Jones is just a 3* when he is rated #103 by 247. SO You can shove your STOP IT up your A**
giphy.gif

Reactions: jace4655555
Good enough to get past the 2nd round for the first time in 20 years?
this year they are, this is the best group that he has had, next season the team will be even better,

so what if it took 9 years of building but this team is built for the long haul and not a 1 year hit wonder.

the state of Iowa's talent is getting better and more of it. Fran is getting players out of Chicago, NYC, Washington DC and even out of talent rich Indiana.

from places that kids from NEVER gave any Iowa coach a 2nd look.

this is the starting 5
4* FR Toussaint 3* by Rivals 5th best player in the state of NY by 247
4* SO Connor Top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
4* JR Garza top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
4* SO Wieskamp top 100 by ESPN #42 4* by Rivals
3* FR Fredrick Kentucky Gatorade POY

RS FR Patrick top 100 4* by ESPN and Rivals
RS SR Jordan 4* by ESPN 3* by Rivals.

Garza mid season 1st Team AA will be back as will these
Wieskamp
Connor
Toussaint
Fredrick
that makes all 5 starters will be back off a team that is 14-5 #19

Good enough to get past the 2nd round for the first time in 20 years?
this year they are, this is the best group that he has had, next season the team will be even better,

so what if it took 9 years of building but this team is built for the long haul and not a 1 year hit wonder.

the state of Iowa's talent is getting better and more of it. Fran is getting players out of Chicago, NYC, Washington DC and even out of talent rich Indiana.

this is the starting 5

Wieskamp
Connor
Toussaint
Fredrick

Ohio State and Michigan are both officially bad teams.

Big Ten looking weaker every day

Last edited:
the bracket people think differently as they have between 10-12 BT teams in the NCAAT,
you do realize when you have that many NCAAT level schools they do tend to cannabilize each other on their home court, in this case the only 2 that are not winning at home are NW and Nebraska.

this is the starting 5

Wieskamp
Connor
Toussaint
Fredrick
I usually give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to punctuation and spelling, because I believe I'm somewhat aware of your medical history. But holy F@#$*NG shit! Do you read what you type before you type it? Your posts read like a free trial, beta version, of an Arabic to English translation app.

Last edited:
I usually give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to punctuation and spelling, because I believe I'm somewhat aware of your medical history. But holy F@#$*NG shit! Do you read what you type before you type it? Your posts read like a free trial, beta version, of an Arabic to English translation app.
each line has its own purpose.

Is english your first language?
I really hope that you never have a stroke, but then again maybe if you did you just might get a idea of what I deal with everyday,
can't use my left arm/hand, can't walk more than 30' W/O a cane before I have to sit down.
it took me 3 year just to relearn how to type. even now I can only type using 1 finger.

so GFYS.

I really hope that you never have a stroke, but then again maybe if you did you just might get a idea of what I deal with everyday,
can't use my left arm/hand, can't walk more than 30' W/O a cane before I have to sit down.
it took me 3 year just to relearn how to type. even now I can only type using 1 finger.

so GFYS.
Maybe if you didn't act like such a petulant child you would be treated differently. I empathize with your medical condition. However, that doesn't give you carte blanche to act like a complete douche-nozzle to anyone that you disagree with on an internet message board. Your inane ramblings and constant personal attacks are tiring. Just a little taste of your own medicine Gill.

this is the starting 5

Wieskamp
Connor
Toussaint
Fredrick

It's only January. The Iowa collapse hasn't started yet. Give it time.

was thinking about if Iowa could have had this year off last years team. it would be Baer, the do it all 6th man, 3rd on the team in Rebounding with 162, 1st in steals with 34 steals and 1st in blocks with 36.

so GFYS.
Yeah well I have had to go through my entire life with a small penis. I have still managed to convince many women to have sex with me. You have to rise above your limitations.

Reactions: jace4655555
Yeah well I have had to go through my entire life with a small penis. I have still managed to convince many women to have sex with me. You have to rise above your limitations.
I have, learning how to type at a pretty good speed with 1 finger, as for spelling errors [spell check does not work], punctuation maybe if I can remember. but hey I have the punctuation and spelling Gestapo to remind me.

even my speech is trashed. you have no Idea of what I go thru every day. I can't even use that program where you talk and it types out the words for you.

ADVERTISEMENT