ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Big Ten...

Chill Iowa fan, we know your team is going nowhere this year... as always.
that is up for debate right now,
by all the brackets that are solidly in the NCAAT, they are being led by a mid season 1st Team AA and these are helping by ESPN ratings
4* top 100 G Connor
4* top 100 WG Wieskamp
3* Kentucky Gatorade POY Fredrick
Garza is the mid season 1st Team AA and he was a top 100 4*
Connor has started at the PG, 4 spot, 2/SG spot this season. so its not like this team is made up of walk on's, 2* players, the main point is they all will return for the 20-21 season.

then they will be joined by 4* Jordan and top 100 4* Patrick McCaffrey, both are RS'ing this season one due to health issues the other had hip surgery.

they are getting better.

You've been out of the 2nd round twice in 20 years.
so they have still made the NCAAT 4 times out of the 6 seasons, with 3 straight 1st rnd wins, which compared to the 11 years before Fran was hired when they went 3 times with just 1 win, the last 9 seasons are a major up grade under Fran compared to what it was like before he took over. this could make it 5 out of the last 7. maybe with their best seed
#11 play in lost
7 Seed win lost to #2 seed Gonzaga
7 seed win lost to #2 seed Villinova eventual National champion
10 seed win lost to #2 seed. Tennessee

yeah some really embarrassing losses in the 2nd RND teams,

so they have still made the NCAAT 4 times out of the 6 seasons, with 3 straight 1st rnd wins, which compared to the 11 years before Fran was hired when they went 3 times with just 1 win, the last 9 seasons are a major up grade under Fran compared to what it was like before he took over. this could make it 5 out of the last 7. maybe with their best seed
#11 play in lost
7 Seed win lost to #2 seed Gonzaga
7 seed win lost to #2 seed Villinova eventual National champion
10 seed win lost to #2 seed. Tennessee

yeah some really embarrassing losses in the 2nd RND teams,

Not even going to pretend i read this. Haven't made it out of the first weekend of the tourney in 20 years.

Nobody cares about Iowa basketball.

Last edited:
That's fine. Sure didnt look like it today. I think the same about MSU this season. Mainly because i think Cassius Winston is severely overrated.

Once Langford was ruled out for the season my expectations for MSU went from final four to sweet 16 ish.

The thing is though...there is no clear cut ‘great team’ this year so teams like MSU and WVU are definitely both FF contenders. Neither team is great but both are solid imo.

What teams could you call great right now? I thought duke was trending that way then they lose to garbage Clemson and lose at home.

Good news for Hawk fans but bad news for teams in the BT

Garza is returning for his SR season, is the biggest piece of the team. along with the other 4 starters.

I said the top looks weak... compared to other leagues. The middle and bottom are solid.

Those top teams lost some ugly games out of conference too. They're not just beating up on each other.

I dont think any of those teams would finish in the top 3 of the Big 12 this year.
Laughing

or twice 3 times in the last 6 years. but hey who's counting.

Uhh.... no.

I was actually wrong, you haven't been past the 2nd round at all in the last 20 years. Iowa is even shittier than I thought. Haven't been past the 2nd round since 1999.

WVU isn't a great program by any stretch, but we have more trips to the Sweet 16 or further than Iowa has NCAA Tourney appearances the last 20 years.

Iowa fans should probably refrain from talking about other conferences or programs struggling in the ncaa tourney. Laughing

Uhh.... no.

I was actually wrong, you haven't been past the 2nd round at all in the last 20 years. Iowa is even shittier than I thought. Haven't been past the 2nd round since 1999.

WVU isn't a great program by any stretch, but we have more trips to the Sweet 16 or further than Iowa has NCAA Tourney appearances the last 20 years.

Iowa fans should probably refrain from talking about other conferences or programs struggling in the ncaa tourney. Laughing
Don’t listen to him.

Uhh.... no.

and the coach who had that Sweet 16 was run off,

I don't know how you rank this league. I can't recall seeing this type of depth in any other league over the years. All these teams seem good.

Laughing Get past the second round one time this millennium then talk to me.
kinda hard to talk to some one that can't add, 7 times in the NCAAT with 4 1st round wins, 4 under Fran and 3 wins in the last 9 seasons , does not = 2. sad to admit it but losing to the #2 seed in your world must be embarrassing your world. but its not in reality.

twice as a 7 seed and once as a 10 seed,
twice Iowa finished 3rd in the BT and they got for their efforts were back to back 7 seeds.

I supposed the great WV would have beat Gonzaga in the 1st 7 vs 2 matchup

or Villanova eventual National Champion in the 2nd 7 vs 2 matchup. last season Iowa as a 10 seed beat #7 seed Cincinnati then lost to #2 seed Tennessee in OT.

what you telling me that those 3 teams had ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO WIN AS 2 SEEDS?

kinda hard to talk to some one that can't add, 7 times in the NCAAT with 4 1st round wins, 4 under Fran and 3 wins in the last 9 seasons , does not = 2. sad to admit it but losing to the #2 seed in your world must be embarrassing your world. but its not in reality.

twice as a 7 seed and once as a 10 seed,
twice Iowa finished 3rd in the BT and they got for their efforts were back to back 7 seeds.

I supposed the great WV would have beat Gonzaga in the 1st 7 vs 2 matchup

or Villanova eventual National Champion in the 2nd 7 vs 2 matchup. last season Iowa as a 10 seed beat #7 seed Cincinnati then lost to #2 seed Tennessee in OT.

what you telling me that those 3 teams had ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO WIN AS 2 SEEDS?

Do you know what getting PAST the 2nd round means? It means winning. You haven't been PAST the round of 32 since 1999.

I remember WVU was supposed to play Iowa in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney in 2006, but your sorry asses couldn't win your 1st round game as a 3 seed against 14 seed Northwestern State.

What I'm telling you is Iowa sucks at basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
Are you fvcking stupid? Do you know what getting PAST the 2nd round means? It means winning. You haven't been PAST the round of 32 since 1999.

I remember WVU was supposed to play Iowa in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney in 2006, but your sorry asses couldn't win your 1st round game as a 3 seed against 14 seed Northwestern State.

What I'm telling you is Iowa sucks at basketball.
again answer my question

do the #2 seed have no right to win? because that is exactly what you are saying.

as for that coach that was in charge left the program in shambles with the next coach turning it into a toxic waste land, Fran had to rebuild the team AND the fan base as the fans had dropped to 5,000 to 6,000 in a arena built to hold 15,500.

this years team has the most talent on it since the 1986-90's and even the 1990's-1999.

barring any more injuries has the potential to get a better seed than a 7 seed and a better chance at reaching the Sweet 16.

again answer my question

do the #2 seed have no right to win? because that is exactly what you are saying.

as for that coach that was in charge left the program in shambles with the next coach turning it into a toxic waste land, Fran had to rebuild the team AND the fan base as the fans had dropped to 5,000 to 6,000 in a arena built to hold 15,500.

this years team has the most talent on it since the 1986-90's and even the 1990's-1999.

barring any more injuries has the potential to get a better seed than a 7 seed and a better chance at reaching the Sweet 16.

Sounds like you're just making excuses for being a fan of a shit program with a shit coach. We beat 2 seed Duke as a 7 seed in 2008. We beat 2 seed Wake Forest with Chris Paul as a 7 seed in 2005. We also beat 2 seed Cincy as a 10 seed in 1998. It happens... unless you're Iowa.

No comment on your loss to 14 seed Northwestern State as a 3 seed in 2006? (to be fair, we lost a 3-14 game in 2016)

What do you think that says about Iowa and the Big Ten that you can finish 3rd in the league multiple times and still only get 7 seeds?

Fran has been a head coach for 30+ years and has never even been to a Sweet 16. He's a terrible coach.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're just making excuses for being a fan of a shit program with a shit coach. We beat 2 seed Duke as a 7 seed in 2008. We beat 2 seed Wake Forest with Chris Paul as a 7 seed in 2005. We also beat 2 seed Cincy as a 10 seed in 1998. It happens... unless you're Iowa.

No comment on your loss to 14 seed Northwestern State as a 3 seed in 2006? (to be fair, we lost a 3-14 game in 2016)

What do you think that says about Iowa and the Big Ten that you can finish 3rd in the league multiple times and still only get 7 seeds?

Fran has been a head coach for 30+ years and has never even been to a Sweet 16. He's a terrible coach.
what that says is that Alfaud was a lousy coach the drove Iowa to the depths of hell and Licky boy sent it into a toxic pit.

Under Lute Iowa went to the FF under Tom they went to the Elite 8 and 2 Sweet 16's with Tom being run off the year that Iowa made the Sweet 16. with most of that team was run off by the AD and Alfraud, Iowa only 1 n done may have come back if Davis had not been run off, the AD cost Iowa a pair of McDonald AA who ended up at Kansas, the only reason why Kansas even got involved was because Davis was run off,

to bad we never got to see how a Sweet 16 team would done by adding 2 McDonald AA. Davis was the winingest coach in the history of Iowa BB.

1. Michigan State
2. Maryland
3. Rutgers
4. Penn State
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State

7. Wisconsin
8. Hoosiers
9. Illinois
10. Purdue
11. Minnesota
12. Nebraska
13. Iowa
14. Northwestern

Bolded - NCAA Tournament Teams
I read this like...

“We know Nebraska sucks, but no way can I put Iowa above us even though they are better than literally everything Nebraska does. “

Reactions: bMORE607
ADVERTISEMENT