ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Big Ten...

Ehh not really. B12 has maybe 5 tournament teams, if Oklahoma makes it in. They're currently projected as an 11 seed.

B10 has 10 teams in, all of them projected higher than Oklahoma. 8 of them projected higher than TT, who is currently an 8 seed and in 3rd place in the B12.

Baylor and Kansas are both very good teams, both likely 1-seeds (if baylor doesn't fall apart). The B10 has a bunch of 2-6 seed type teams. The rest of the B12 is a 5 (and falling) WVU, 8 seed Texas Tech, and 11 seed Oklahoma.

How’s that contradict what I said?

Because WV looks worse than at least 4-5 B10 teams

They’ve had a shitty stretch but they’re still top 15ish in Kenpom. Also beat Ohio St pretty convincingly, if I remember right. Ohio St is the second-highest B10 team in Kenpom.

WV would be a 2nd-tier B10 team, just like in the Big 12. Maybe near the bottom of that 2nd tier.

Your top four teams in the standings all lost a bunch of non-con games with few quality wins. Illinois lost to Miami and Missouri. Wisky lost to a bunch of bad teams. MSU had a weak showing and Maryland lost to the only above average team they played. Does that describe an intimidating league? The “we beat each other up” bit works better when you also beat up other conferences.

Mich St seems to be getting it together and I could see them making a run. I could see Michigan in the elite 8.

Actually, if you look at Lunardi’s current bracketology, I would only feel confident about penciling Maryland into the Sweet 16. Is that a great league? Guess we’ll see.

They’ve had a shitty stretch but they’re still top 15ish in Kenpom. Also beat Ohio St pretty convincingly, if I remember right. Ohio St is the second-highest B10 team in Kenpom.

WV would be a 2nd-tier B10 team, just like in the Big 12. Maybe near the bottom of that 2nd tier.

Your top four teams in the standings all lost a bunch of non-con games with few quality wins. Illinois lost to Miami and Missouri. Wisky lost to a bunch of bad teams. MSU had a weak showing and Maryland lost to the only above average team they played. Does that describe an intimidating league? The “we beat each other up” bit works better when you also beat up other conferences.

Mich St seems to be getting it together and I could see them making a run. I could see Michigan in the elite 8.

Actually, if you look at Lunardi’s current bracketology, I would only feel confident about penciling Maryland into the Sweet 16. Is that a great league? Guess we’ll see.
Lunardi seems to list teams based on a 1-68 ranking with some subjective modifications for avoiding in-conference matchups. If you look at his East bracket, where Iowa is (and first of all let me just say lol Iowa > Kansas, and since that's the case, then that also means Iowa > Cincinnati and Iowa > Seton Hall too ya f***ing a**hole. :) Think I wouldn't see that sh** but I did.........) there's a few things that suggest what I said earlier.

Iowa will not in any way shape or form be paired with Cincinnati in the 1st Rd, as they already played earlier this year (a game Iowa won in Chicago). They will most likely be moving up to the 5 spot as well after their win over Penn State coupled with Colorado's two-game losing streak. Iowa-Liberty and Colorado-Cincinnati is a more realistic pairing based on what the NCAA actually does, at this point........(even though that's also NOT what the matchups will ultimately end up being).

Oh and P.S., just in case you forgot.....

Iowa > Kansas SmokinSmile

O$U is a middle of the pack Big10 team...

Lunardi seems to list teams based on a 1-68 ranking with some subjective modifications for avoiding in-conference matchups. If you look at his East bracket, where Iowa is (and first of all let me just say lol Iowa > Kansas, and since that's the case, then that also means Iowa > Cincinnati and Iowa > Seton Hall too ya f***ing a**hole. :) Think I wouldn't see that sh** but I did.........) there's a few things that suggest what I said earlier.

Iowa will not in any way shape or form be paired with Cincinnati in the 1st Rd, as they already played earlier this year (a game Iowa won in Chicago). They will most likely be moving up to the 5 spot as well after their win over Penn State coupled with Colorado's two-game losing streak. Iowa-Liberty and Colorado-Cincinnati is a more realistic pairing based on what the NCAA actually does, at this point........(even though that's also NOT what the matchups will ultimately end up being).

Oh and P.S., just in case you forgot.....

Iowa > Kansas SmokinSmile

Iowa would likely win the first game, whoever it is....before getting viciously cornholed by Seton Hall. Better luck next year.SmokinSmile

O$U is a middle of the pack Big10 team...

As of now, the Big 10 has one team projected as a 3 or better, and is anyone confident in Maryland going far?

We’re talking about a bunch of fringe top 25 teams and a team led by Turgeon. With a lot of bad non-con losses in there. The Big 10 chest-beating is a little over the top.

Sign me up for Maryland and Penn St in my region.

I will bet that Iowa has a very good chance to make at least the Sweet 16. right now they are 7-4 vs top 25 team the most of anyone in D1, last count 9 quad 1 wins. 2nd most in DI BB with 2 more quad 1 teams left to play so they could end up with 11 quad 1 wins on the season,
Iowa has beat MD, Michigan and OSU.

I will bet that Iowa has a very good chance to make at least the Sweet 16. right now they are 7-4 vs top 25 team the most of anyone in D1, last count 9 quad 1 wins. 2nd most in DI BB with 2 more quad 1 teams left to play so they could end up with 11 quad 1 wins on the season,
Iowa has beat MD, Michigan and OSU.

KU had, I believe, 10 wins vs the top 25 last year and around 13 vs tourney teams. Most in the country. Didn’t help them much in the tourney.

KU had, I believe, 10 wins vs the top 25 last year and around 13 vs tourney teams. Most in the country. Didn’t help them much in the tourney.
never does now does it plus Iowa is 6-2 all time vs Kansas, also they now have their 3rd leading scorer back and best 3 point shooter.

never does now does it plus Iowa is 6-2 all time vs Kansas, also they now have their 3rd leading scorer back and best 3 point shooter.

Yet, somehow, they have 5 times the final fours of Iowa and a zillion more tourney wins. Strange.

Similar to Auburn, you really shouldn’t talk about chokes. History says you choke practically every time you’ve had a top 4 seed.

Don’t worry, you probably won’t be a top 4 seed, so you can win your little first round game and pat yourselves on the back for playing to seed.

Iowa would likely win the first game, whoever it is....before getting viciously cornholed by Seton Hall. Better luck next year.SmokinSmile
Lulz.

Iowa > Seton Hall (because their name is cooler) > Kansas

Deal with it.

giphy.gif

all by cheating.

Iowa a 4 seed 3 times, 3 seed once. Iowa has been in the NCAAT 26 time with 30 wins.
1st 4 seed lost in the 2nd rnd
2nd 4 seed lost in the 2nd rnd to eventual NCAAT Champion NCState coached by Jimmy V
3rd 4 seed lost to WF in the 2nd rnd. I guess if you call losing in the 2nd rnd 3 time choking.

they did have 1 #2 seed the year they made the Elite 8 only to lose to the regions #1 seed UNLV.

This is a league of streaky teams, right now Ohio State is one of the streakier teams. Could change this afternoon though.

meet Mr. Barrcus who claims that every DI coach cheats. to justify Self's cheating.

I can assume whatever I want, as you have. You’ve decided to declare KU cheaters from the inception of their program because they’re currently under investigation and because Raef Lafrentz’s dad closed his barber shop.

Therefore, I declare that you cheated in some way to get the 42nd ranked player and your other top 100 players. See how that works?

all by cheating.

Iowa a 4 seed 3 times, 3 seed once. Iowa has been in the NCAAT 26 time with 30 wins.
1st 4 seed lost in the 2nd rnd
2nd 4 seed lost in the 2nd rnd to eventual NCAAT Champion NCState coached by Jimmy V
3rd 4 seed lost to WF in the 2nd rnd. I guess if you call losing in the 2nd rnd 3 time choking.

they did have 1 #2 seed the year they made the Elite 8 only to lose to the regions #1 seed UNLV.

Ah, yes, when all else fails, cry “cheaters.”

Iowa has been a top 4 seed six times and played to seed ONCE. Chokers.

another note on Kansas they have made the NCAAT 48 times with just 3 NCAAT Championships to show for it. their last one came in 2008 12 years ago,

yet here his spouting off in a thread about BT Teams.

I can assume whatever I want, as you have. You’ve decided to declare KU cheaters from the inception of their program because they’re currently under investigation and because Raef Lafrentz’s dad closed his barber shop.

Therefore, I declare that you cheated in some way to get the 42nd ranked player and your other top 100 players. See how that works?
only in your mind considering he committed to Iowa as a SO after being a lifelong Iowa fan, with his parents being Hawkeye fans, he was born and raised as a hawk fan.
Iowa does have 3 FF's to use.

also when Weezy committed Uthoff was named a 2nd team AA and these were 2nd rnd NBA picks after being named 1st Team All BT
3* Marble who didn't even offers from Michigan or MSU ended up a 1st Team All BT. but he was a Legacy Recruit whose father is the All time scoring leader in Iowa's history who was from Michigan

3* White a 3rd Team All State player out of Ohio who never received a offer from any school in Ohio, was a FR AA ended up a 1st Team All BT as a SR and 2nd rnd NBA pick.

these were the other players
Uthoff 3* by Rivals 4* by ESPN 1st team All BT 2nd Team AA

Jok 1st team All BT 3* by both was not even in the top 150.

its was these that drew these kids to Iowa along with keeping the top instate players home.

Jordan 3* by Rivals 4* outside ESPN top 100, instate player that had no other offers other than Fran.

Ah, yes, when all else fails, cry “cheaters.”

Iowa has been a top 4 seed six times and played to seed ONCE. Chokers.
when a coach gets notification of 3 [THREE] LEVEL ONE infractions that screams of cheating. but only you are resulting to claiming everybody cheats to justify these allegations.

even using a kid that grew up a Hawk fan who committed to Iowa that Fran just had to cheat to get.

boy not are you pathetic but you are desperate. now you will try to say he cheated to get his sons to commit as they were both top 100 4*'s,

when a coach gets notification of 3 [THREE] LEVEL ONE infractions that screams of cheating. but only you are resulting to claiming everybody cheats to justify these allegations.

even using a kid that grew up a Hawk fan who committed to Iowa that Fran just had to cheat to get.

boy not are you pathetic but you are desperate. now you will try to say he cheated to get his sons to commit as they were both top 100 4*'s,

Care to comment on Iowa’s success rate as a 4 seed or higher? Pretty pathetic.

As for the allegations, yeah, we get it. No one is denying it. The point is that it’s quite the leap to claim that because Self once sent a text that read “We good?” to an Adidas rep, that KU has cheated since the dawn of its program.

Yet the only argument you have for Iowa having neeever, ever, ever cheated is that they don’t win or get good players. But wait, they have been to a few final fours and several elite eights, and they do get good players now and then. And if you think that only 5 star players get benefits, you’re more naive than I thought. Do you think the players that rec’d benefits at Wichita St and Tulsa were 5 star recruits? Time to wake up and admit that you don’t know shit about what goes on.

Last edited:
another note on Kansas they have made the NCAAT 48 times with just 3 NCAAT Championships to show for it. their last one came in 2008 12 years ago,

yet here his spouting off in a thread about BT Teams.

And Iowa has more than half that many appearances with zero titles and one fifth the number of final fours.

And the Big 10 hasn’t won a title in ages.

Was there any kind of point to this post?

I’d bet money on the Big Ten getting more than one team into the Sweet 16.

That’s kind of the point.

I didn’t say I’d bet against it. I said that if you look at the current bracketology by Lunardi, I wouldn’t automatically pencil any of them in (other than maybe Maryland). Do you disagree?

And it’s not like I have a lot of confidence in Maryland or Turgeon. Just wouldn’t expect them to lose to any of the three listed.

I didn’t say I’d bet against it. I said that if you look at the current bracketology by Lunardi, I wouldn’t automatically pencil any of them in (other than maybe Maryland). Do you disagree?

And it’s not like I have a lot of confidence in Maryland or Turgeon. Just wouldn’t expect them to lose to any of the three listed.

The point is that while we don’t have multiple teams that are S16 locks, we are probably a lock to have multiple S16 based on how many teams between 15-35ish we have.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

of course not as Kansas is the greatest team ever and no way can ANY BT Team can compete with them.

plus since Weezy signed with Fran at Iowa, Fran just had to cheat to get him, just like Fran cheated to get these
Top 50 Woodbury out of Iowa
#38 Cook top 100 by Rivals out of Missouri whose best player that was a team mate of Cook's ended up at Duke.
looking at that 2012 class these as 4 years starters
Top 50 Woodbury
Top 100 Gesell
2* Clemmons
in their 1st season won 25 games losing in the NIT Championship game
2nd season was a play in game in the NCAAT where Fran flew in just in time for the game after leaving the hospital after his son Patrick had surgery to remove a cancerous Thyroid and it was found that the cancer had not spread'

that team was more worried about Patrick than they were about playing BB
the next 2 years the finished T-3rd in the BT getting a 7 seed, they won the 1st game then lost to #2 seed Gonzaga,
T-3rd again 7 seed again win the 1st game then lost to #2 seed Villinova who ended up winning the NCAAT Championship.

that group as 4 year starters recorded the 3rd best winning reecord in Iowa's history.

it was after this that Fran signed Cook, Jordan, Pemsl, Kriener and Williams.
Cook went Pro after his JR season after he came in planning to be a 1 n done but ended up a 3 year starter.

Williams transferred to a mid major.

yup Fran is definitely cheating.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Care to comment on Iowa’s success rate as a 4 seed or higher? Pretty pathetic.

As for the allegations, yeah, we get it. No one is denying it. The point is that it’s quite the leap to claim that because Self once sent a text that read “We good?” to an Adidas rep, that KU has cheated since the dawn of its program.

Yet the only argument you have for Iowa having neeever, ever, ever cheated is that they don’t win or get good players. But wait, they have been to a few final fours and several elite eights, and they do get good players now and then. And if you think that only 5 star players get benefits, you’re more naive than I thought. Do you think the players that rec’d benefits at Wichita St and Tulsa were 5 star recruits? Time to wake up and admit that you don’t know shit about what goes on.
the info on LaFrentz came from a friend of mine who coached Raef AAU team, can't get any more 1st hand than that now can you just like when Kansas hired Manning father just to get Danny to commit. Danny's father had no coaching experience at the time, oh wait that's doesn't prove that Kansas cheated.

the info on LaFrentz came from a friend of mine who coached Raef AAU team, can't get any more 1st hand than that now can you just like when Kansas hired Manning father just to get Danny to commit. Danny's father had no coaching experience at the time, oh wait that's doesn't prove that Kansas cheated.

Those package deals happen all the time, genius. You may not like it, but it’s not against the rules.

Those package deals happen all the time, genius. You may not like it, but it’s not against the rules.
like selling your soul to get a player. what ever cheater supporter who will make any excuse to support a cheater, you probably cheat at golf, and cards every chance you get.

cheater supporter is usually the biggest cheater himself.

like selling your soul to get a player. what ever cheater supporter who will make any excuse to support a cheater, you probably cheat at golf, and cards every chance you get.

cheater supporter is usually the biggest cheater himself.

So...they just cheated out in the open and didn’t get punished. Is this what you’re telling me?

Do you know what cheating means?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT