ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting Louisville's Next Five Games

Louisville should have won that game, and the y did. We also should’ve won by 5-7. You guys always end up throwing last second prayers to make the score look more favorable. That includes ‘13 year as well. That game was a 6-8 point game until Goodwin starting launching up prayers.

I think the only game in recent memory that Louisville was favored was that ‘13 game. I may be wrong, though.

I agree with you. I've watched the Cards several times and I think they should be better than they've appeared. UofL is a head scratcher....
We have talent and athleticism, it's just blocking out, and somewhat of a thin front court. If we had a guy like Onuaku or Jaylen Johnson in the post, we'd see a lot more boards, but the physicality is a little too much for Mahmoud and Spalding at times, especially when theres a true center who's got some mass.

Is anyone else upset with the game being at 1:00?

Anyway on paper this is a pretty even matchup, I believe Louisville is a top 20 team, for what it’s worth I think VA Tech is a top 25 team. I expect UK to win but it will be a close game none the less.

Yeah what he said ^ what a stupid doing by CBS.

A friday game at 1pm EST, what the heck?

Took off for the game weeks ago, looks like I may be able to snag some tickets last minute. Haven’t been to U of L vs UK game since 2011 with Davis and Co

They should have.

There’s very seldom a year in most sports where Louisville should beat Kentucky in anything, especially basketball. Which is why to me there’s no rivalry there.
Might want to explain that concept of "no rivalry to see here" to your football and baseball teams who have rarely won a game against UofL in recent years. EyerollLaughing

I don't really know what to expect. Neither team looks that great tbh. UK has an edge being at Rupp. I'm going to go ahead and say UK 72 UL 66
Yup. UK doesnt look good at all. Shooting 51% and top 15 defense. Ho hum.

Maybe you should go find a bass fishing or badminton forum.

Louisville should have won that game, and the y did. We also should’ve won by 5-7. You guys always end up throwing last second prayers to make the score look more favorable. That includes ‘13 year as well. That game was a 6-8 point game until Goodwin starting launching up prayers.
Did you actually just post this drivel? Wasn't that game tied until sosa shot a 30 footer to squeak out a win on your home floor against an NIT team?

Neurologists and psychotherapists must make a killing in Jefferson county.

Did you actually just post this drivel? Wasn't that game tied until sosa shot a 30 footer to squeak out a win on your home floor against an NIT team?

Neurologists and psychotherapists must make a killing in Jefferson county.
Which season are you referring to, Sosa wasn’t on the ‘13 squad, little dude. Bring back your fedora.

Might want to explain that concept of "no rivalry to see here" to your football and baseball teams who have rarely won a game against UofL in recent years. EyerollLaughing

We don’t know yet how much Louisville cheated and in what sports, either.

As far as football, I think we’ve both won 5 out of the last 10. As far as baseball, that series also has streaks, although we dominate that sport against UL, too.

We don’t know yet how much Louisville cheated and in what sports, either.

As far as football, I think we’ve both won 5 out of the last 10. As far as baseball, that series also has streaks, although we dominate that sport against UL, too.
No...you haven't. UofL has won 6 of the last 7 in football and 7 straight in baseball. THAT...is domination.

No...you haven't. UofL has won 6 of the last 7 in football and 7 straight in baseball. THAT...is domination.
200.gif

Kentucky has beaten them a grand total of once over the Cal era by 8+ points. Why do you think that'll change now?
Is this true? For someone that doesn’t follow the UK/UL rivalry that closely, it is very surprising. They play every year right?

Edit: Disregard, I misread the post. Thought that the poster was saying that UK had only won once in the Cal era, not once by 8+ pts.

Or, you could say ul has won 6 of the last 11, but that doesn't sound as impressive does it? Little brothers and their habit of choosing time periods to gloat over is quite comical to the big brothers. 15-15 all time, head to head. You've never led the series.

Reactions: oldsports_
Or, you could say ul has won 6 of the last 11, but that doesn't sound as impressive does it? Little brothers and their habit of choosing time periods to gloat over is quite comical to the big brothers. 15-15 all time, head to head. You've never led the series.
Actually...it was your boy BigBlueCatNation who started "choosing time periods" with this factually inaccurate post "As far as football, I think we’ve both won 5 out of the last 10. As far as baseball, that series also has streaks, although we dominate that sport against UL, too." I was simply pointing out the fallacy of his post.

Actually...it was your boy BigBlueCatNation who started "choosing time periods" with this factually inaccurate post "As far as football, I think we’ve both won 5 out of the last 10. As far as baseball, that series also has streaks, although we dominate that sport against UL, too." I was simply pointing out the fallacy of his post.

I know.

Or, you could say ul has won 6 of the last 11, but that doesn't sound as impressive does it?

10 of the last 15 sounds better....ya know, for a ghetto, commuter, C-USA, weeknight football school....against a land grant, founding member of the SEC! SEC! SEC!, "big brother" school.

Louisville will always be the measuring stick for Kentucky football. Kragthorpe was the best thing to ever happen to the Kentucky program. jumpingsmile

Last edited:
Reactions: rockycard
10 of the last 15 sounds better....ya know, for a ghetto, commuter, C-USA, weeknight football school....against a land grant, founding member of the SEC! SEC! SEC!, "big brother" school.

Louisville will always be the measuring stick for Kentucky football. Kragthorpe was the best thing to ever happen to the Kentucky program. jumpingsmile
Why the aversion to reality? Let's just call it 15 out of the last 30 like it really is.

Oh, and you left out the whoremongering. You'll be remembered for that long after your fleeting football success has waned.

Sure you’ve had some RECENT success, but UK leads the overall series in both and absolutely DOMINATES in every sport but football.

I know it sucks for many but I’m off Friday so think the game time is great. Too cold for golf so gives me something to do. I always enjoy this game. It’s a great rivalry.

ADVERTISEMENT