ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting Louisville's Next Five Games

Kentucky has beaten them a grand total of once over the Cal era by 8+ points. Why do you think that'll change now?
No Pitino this time. I don't think UK wins by more than 8 myself, but if we come out and win by 15 I wouldn't totally be shocked. U of L doesn't look good at all.

Kentucky has beaten them a grand total of once over the Cal era by 8+ points. Why do you think that'll change now?
Well, there's that little issue that they don' have a HOF coach on their sideline anymore. But who knows? Maybe the coach has had nothing to do with their success.

"much more athletic" kind of a stretch. We're pretty athletic this year. We just can't grasp the concept of blocking out and getting offensive rebounds.

I'll take the athleticism of Diallo, Washington, Knox, Richards and Alexander over any starting 5 you guys play.

You guys also had more athleticism than us last year..

In fairness:

It was @ Louisville
Rick Pitino was your coach
Malik Monk shot like ass in high volume, and shot us out of a game that we lost by 3
That team appeared to be a less offensively skilled team than this team, and a much smaller team

Well, there's that little issue that they don' have a HOF coach on their sideline anymore. But who knows? Maybe the coach has had nothing to do with their success.

It’s sounding more and more like it was a shoe company and not Pitino that was the key to their success.

So by VT logic, if Louisville keeps it close, are we going to be deemed the best team in the ACC?

Reactions: rockycard
I'm kinda nervous about the cards game...not bc I don' think we are better, but this game will, this season, mean everything to them. It would fire the fan base up big time and give them a reason to vet behind a program that's in the shitter

I'm kinda nervous about the cards game...not bc I don' think we are better, but this game will, this season, mean everything to them.

I doubt it. If the team had a post season ban, I would agree. But If Louisville loses to UK(and I think they will)it doesn't hurt Cardinals conference record, and it's not a bad loss.

The kids for Kentucky will show up, the crowd will be amped up like it’s a SUPERBOWL.

I'm kinda nervous about the cards game...not bc I don' think we are better, but this game will, this season, mean everything to them. It would fire the fan base up big time and give them a reason to vet behind a program that's in the shitter
Doesn't matter, this game could mean more to those players and fans than life itself, but that doesn't mean they are going to overcome the disadvantages they have.
If they had Pitino, I would say UK by 5, but they don't.
They also have a disadvantage at every position on the floor and the game is at Rupp.
Knox and Diallo are the names non UK fans think about, but they obviously aren't paying attention to what Quade Green and SGA are doing.
Green is already doing a lot of the same things Ulis was doing and SGA is a matchup nightmare for any 1 or 2 that has to guard him.
They'll see. UK by 10 in this game, 20 if they meet in the NCAAT.
Anas Mamoud (sp?) is going to get seriously exposed in this game, so is their backcourt.
If Rick was there this UL team would be very very good though. You can easily see the difference. Padgett is a good dude, but he's no RP.

Ah man, you went all Zipp on us. Don't go Zipp on us Rock, it's a bad look.
Not going zipp on ya, the crowd will be the craziest that these freshmen have played in front of, they will feed off of that...as would our players if it were played in the yum.

Reactions: JL-23 and kyjeff1
They shouldn’t have, and they didn’t.

They should have.

There’s very seldom a year in most sports where Louisville should beat Kentucky in anything, especially basketball. Which is why to me there’s no rivalry there.

They should have.

There’s very seldom a year in most sports where Louisville should beat Kentucky in anything, especially basketball. Which is why to me there’s no rivalry there.
Louisville should have won that game, and the y did. We also should’ve won by 5-7. You guys always end up throwing last second prayers to make the score look more favorable. That includes ‘13 year as well. That game was a 6-8 point game until Goodwin starting launching up prayers.

The UK/UL game is a great rivalry, nothing more nothing less. It is quite meaningless in the terms of records unless one needs a good win for seeding purposes. Either way it is normally considered a good win regardless of record or location. It is rarely a bad loss. I remember the original dream game in 83 and still look forward to our annual meeting. It is not a superbowl for either team, but is never overlooked either.

I see UK getting this one by 7 or so.

"much more athletic" kind of a stretch. We're pretty athletic this year. We just can't grasp the concept of blocking out and getting offensive rebounds.

I agree with you. I've watched the Cards several times and I think they should be better than they've appeared. UofL is a head scratcher....

ADVERTISEMENT