ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

I can't decide if I'm happy that everyone who was promised a scholly next year stayed or sad that because of that, we can't go portal hunting.

Dis Sheeit is nutz!!

It's going to hurt seeing this dude in a Duke uniform. Great shooter and always gave 100%. Sucks we didn't have room for him to use his COVID year.

It's going to hurt seeing this dude in a Duke uniform. Great shooter and always gave 100%. Sucks we didn't have room for him to use his COVID year.

I think he was always going to leave after the season though. That’s why CMP signed that class of 6. Morton and Gillis wanted to finish out their careers elsewhere.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Dusty May is doing well in the portal. He's already brought in Tre Donaldson (Auburn), Roddy Gayle (Ohio State), Sam Walters (Alabama), Danny Wolf (Yale), and Rubin Jones (North Texas). Also signed 4-star guard Justin Pippen a couple days ago.

How do you go from Ohio State to Michigan, though?

That's crazy. And on the heels of a dude going from Auburn to Alabama.

Clearly not from that area. If you're from Ohio/Michigan or Alabama, you don't transfer to the rival school. Probably not a huge deal for a transplant to do that as they're not emotionally invested in the rivalry. Still weird to see.

Reactions: KisteK
Clearly not from that area. If you're from Ohio/Michigan or Alabama, you don't transfer to the rival school. Probably not a huge deal for a transplant to do that as they're not emotionally invested in the rivalry. Still weird to see.
Styles to NC State is really weird to me. At least there was a team inbetween, and not nearly as bad as if he were transferring to Duke, but still.

Reactions: dukedevilz
NIL and portal has dissolved the game. When is the last time Duke and UK lost an entire roster to transfers---in the SAME season?

I am gonna venture out on a linb and say, ummm, well...……………...never.

The days of, "we should be pretty good next year, we return...…………….."---Are over. We got dudes like Jeremy Roach leaving Duke. That scrazy.
Makes sense for UK with a new staff coming in. Duke is a bit of a head-scratcher, especially considering they probably have the NIL funds to match anyone else. I’m sure they’ll restock with other good portal players though.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
95560976137.jpg

Dude just trying to drive up his NIL stock. I know he’s lights out from deep, but apparently that’s about all he’s good for? I haven’t seen him play. What’s your breakdown?

I don't think he's a liability on defense at least, but yeah, shooting the 3 is about all he's does. He arguably does it better than anyone in the country. Catch-and-shoot, off the dribble, through multiple screens. He doesn't need a a whole lot of space to get off clean looks. Dude is an absolute sniper.

If you want to stretch the defense out, Brea should be at the top of your list. When Dayton went on that 17-0 run against Nevada, Brea had 9 of the points with 3 three-pointers. Dude needs a higher usage, IMO. Run whatever action you need to get him looks, because he merits 8+ 3PA a game.

Hearing that Kugel probably won't play at KU this year due to a credits issue, so now they're putting on a full-court press for Javon Small. Would be a nice consolation prize.

Griffen will announce his transfer to KU on Friday (one of his Alabama teammates let it slip).

Can't believe that nobody from KU has entered the portal.

Not sure what he is waiting on but Igor Milicic Jr. is very close to committing to Tennessee. Averaged 13 pts 9 boards at Charlotte. Guessing he was their best player

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Hearing that Kugel probably won't play at KU this year due to a credits issue, so now they're putting on a full-court press for Javon Small. Would be a nice consolation prize.

Griffen will announce his transfer to KU on Friday (one of his Alabama teammates let it slip).

Can't believe that nobody from KU has entered the portal.
UNC had a few, but one of them decided to exit the portal and return. Seth Trimble is coming back.

Not sure what he is waiting on but Igor Milicic Jr. is very close to committing to Tennessee. Averaged 13 pts 9 boards at Charlotte. Guessing he was their best player

Was bummed when he left UVA for Charlotte. He has some skills for sure.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
kind of wondering how he ended up at a school as shitty as Charlotte. I mean I almost went to College there because I had terrible grades

One of UVA’s former assistants became the head coach at Charlotte so that’s why. But now that assistant is back at UVA. I don’t know if Igor is a high end D1 talent but he should fit in well at UT then

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
Was gonna say the exact thing....Kids outside of the rivalry, or who haven't been a part of it for long, don't "get it"---And for that reason, don't care.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Was gonna say the exact thing....Kids outside of the rivalry, or who haven't been a part of it for long, don't "get it"---And for that reason, don't care.
I hope our current coaches can work something out. I won't be surprised to see UK drop out of the CBS Sports Classic.

Untitled.png

This should safely keep Iowa State in the top 10; could easily be in the preseason top 5. They should return their top 4 scorers (Lipsey, Gilbert, C.Jones, Momcilovic) and they're adding Joshua Jefferson and Dishon Jackson (Washington State / Charlotte).

Reactions: KisteK
Tennessee Is very close to landing Felix Okpara from Ohio St. Guessing this is the Aidoo replacement

Has UConn signed anybody from the portal? They don't seem to be having a ton of success reloading. Maybe the rumors about a limited NIL budget are true.

ADVERTISEMENT