ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Incoming Johnell Davis committing to Arkansas. Poor Kentucky.

200w.gif

Woogla Poplar entered the portal earlier today... and Norchad Omier should be in there soon.

The portal giveth - and the portal taketh.

Wooga Poplar and Norchard Omier to the portal

Brutal man. Poplar was understandable bc he had such a disappointing season that there seemed to be a disconnect there with him and the team. Disappointing but not shocked to see him want to find a better fit perhaps.

Omier though, that really freaking blows. He seemed like he loved playing at Miami. Especially being a Nicaraguan playing in South Florida. It's really going to suck watching him play for another team 😥

Reactions: bignish
@dukedevilz , are any of these guys going to DePaul any good?

JJ Traynor (Louisville, 10ppg but only played 8 games)
CJ Gunn (Indiana, rode the bench)
David Skogman (Davidson 13ppg this year)
Conor Enright (Drake, started every game)
Troy D'Amico (Southern Illinois, started every game 9ppg)
Isaiah Rivera (UIC, started every game, 15ppg)

Call me crazy, but on paper that's the best looking group of players we've had in a very long time.

Obviously not if they're going to DePaul. 😁
when you eat the low hanging fruit you're basically saying you prefer to eat the fruit that all the animals walk by and rub their ass glands on while they are reaching for the good tasting fruit.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
You'll be happy. Toughness, athleticism, strong defender. Hold your breath when he takes threes though.
Ha. Thanks. I have no idea if they get him. Not sure how this new Wild West works. But, I saw they had dinner. Sean May and others were in attendance. We shall see.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Ha. Thanks. I have no idea if they get him. Not sure how this new Wild West works. But, I saw they had dinner. Sean May and others were in attendance. We shall see.

I think he goes to UNC. He played through a back injury the first part of the season. His dad played for Cal at Memphis. What JC said is accurate. He seems to have a ton of potential. If nothing else he gives 100% effort when he is playing.

@dukedevilz , are any of these guys going to DePaul any good?

JJ Traynor (Louisville, 10ppg but only played 8 games)
CJ Gunn (Indiana, rode the bench)
David Skogman (Davidson 13ppg this year)
Conor Enright (Drake, started every game)
Troy D'Amico (Southern Illinois, started every game 9ppg)
Isaiah Rivera (UIC, started every game, 15ppg)

Call me crazy, but on paper that's the best looking group of players we've had in a very long time.

CBI or bust!

It's honestly not a bad a transfer class at all. I'd lean towards starting these 5:

Conor Enright
David Thomas
Isaiah Rivera
David Skogman
NJ Benson

1-4 all shot over 40% from 3 last year and Benson is a solid rim protector. Not sure they have enough playmakers. Enright and Rivera will have to carry that load. But, I could realistically see 10-14 wins from this group.

• Love
Reactions: WeAreDePaul

I made a post about him 5-7 weeks ago. Super under the radar, has all the tools to be a future pro. Honestly, if I were an NBA GM I'd give him serious consideration as a first rounder this year... I could see him exploding next year on the collegiate level. Super interested to watch his development.

Dickinson officially back, haters.

Harris/Jackson
Griffen/Mayo/McDowell
Storr/Kugel/Passmore
Adams/Clemence
Dickinson/Bidunga

Massive improvement in depth/athleticism/shooting on paper.

Harris/Jackson
Griffen/Mayo/McDowell
Storr/Kugel/Passmore
Adams/Clemence
Dickinson/Bidunga

Was there any other option for Dickinson? I just assumed this was a foregone conclusion that he was returning to KU...not like he will ever see the NBA. Assuming he just wants to cash in while in America before going to play overseas somewhere.

Reactions: KisteK and Deepelm

Harris/Jackson
Griffen/Mayo/McDowell
Storr/Kugel/Passmore
Adams/Clemence
Dickinson/Bidunga

you mean the guy who's only win in the NCAA tourney since his sophmore year was a ref aided squeaker vs Samford? I'm sure the haters are terrified.

Houston and Iowa State are returning most everyone. Kansas and Baylor are both bringing in elite transfers, to go along with some returning vets.

Don't think it's far-fetched to see 3 of those four schools in the preseason top 5; all should be in the top 10 somewhere. And then Arizona will be in the league, too. Top-third of the league should be very, very strong.

Big 12 fell apart this March. Truth be told, I'd say it started in the conference tournament. Something was missing from a lot of teams in KC. The only memorable game I can even recall was the the Texas-Kansas State game. The conference needs to redeem itself this year.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
Was there any other option for Dickinson? I just assumed this was a foregone conclusion that he was returning to KU...not like he will ever see the NBA. Assuming he just wants to cash in while in America before going to play overseas somewhere.

I mean, yeah there are definitely other options for college players besides attending college for a 5th year. Including making a lot of money somewhere, in Dickinson's case. There's a reason why early rankings weren't penciling him in as a starter.

Houston and Iowa State are returning most everyone. Kansas and Baylor are both bringing in elite transfers, to go along with some returning vets.

Don't think it's far-fetched to see 3 of those four schools in the preseason top 5; all should be in the top 10 somewhere. And then Arizona will be in the league, too. Top-third of the league should be very, very strong.

Big 12 fell apart this March. Truth be told, I'd say it started in the conference tournament. Something was missing from a lot of teams in KC. The only memorable game I can even recall was the the Texas-Kansas State game. The conference needs to redeem itself this year.
IF a major IF the Vols can add Tyson and Lanier the top 5 in some order will be Kansas,Iowa St, Duke, Tennessee, and UNC. If we only land 1 of the 2 of Tyson and Lanier I'd have us in the backend of the top 10

you mean the guy who's only win in the NCAA tourney since his sophmore year was a ref aided squeaker vs Samford? I'm sure the haters are terrified.

Wouldn't expect you to be terrified, per se. I'd imagine you became desensitized to ass-beatings many years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT