ADVERTISEMENT

Portal thread?

Jalen Warley enters the portal from FSU. Would have been our senior starting point guard. Best perimeter defender on the team.

I think we have 3 players now. Should be a fun season!

And no additions yet?

Yikes lol

I was hoping he'd stay, saw some mock drafts and he's slotted to go mid to late second round.
I’ve seen a few that had him late first, but who knows? Really wished he’d come back but I had serious doubts he would.

Nope. Three high schoolers signed. None top 75.

That's rough man. Any word on who you guys are pursuing and might land?

When you first started to mention all the players leaving FSU, I was thinking FSU and Miami might be in the same boat bc Miami had 4 or 5 young rotation players enter the portal quickly. Then had the possibility of Omier, Pack, Wooga, and George all choosing to leave. It definitely helped for Miami to land two bigs out of the portal pretty quickly but they still have some work to do.

I couldn't help but wonder if Larranaga and Hamilton had the energy to deal with the portal and reshape their teams at their ages, lol.

That's rough man. Any word on who you guys are pursuing and might land?

When you first started to mention all the players leaving FSU, I was thinking FSU and Miami might be in the same boat bc Miami had 4 or 5 young rotation players enter the portal quickly. Then had the possibility of Omier, Pack, Wooga, and George all choosing to leave. It definitely helped for Miami to land two bigs out of the portal pretty quickly but they still have some work to do.

I couldn't help but wonder if Larranaga and Hamilton had the energy to deal with the portal and reshape their teams at their ages, lol.

We are trying to get some guys, but just don’t have the NIL money to compete. All in on football and paying to leave the ACC right now.

It’s sort of a dead program until after next season (when Ham does not have his contract renewed).

Reactions: TKBray
Maliq Brown officially to Duke. Transferring from Syracuse to Duke is enough to make a man want to kill someone. Good thing Boeheim is no longer the coach

Hilarious that some Duke fans were freaking out about all the transfers. We've got 9 guys committed already. And just about all of them have NBA potential.

Reactions: jhmossy
owl-who.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AWilli6995
Not a bad guy off the bench huh?
It is when the guy in front of him cant shoot either...

I don't think some get it----Galo IS NOT a starting 2 in the B10. Cupps IS NOT a starting PG in the B10. If that is IU's starting b/c next year---I'll just say **** it...

I 110% expect Rice to start. But its Woodson. So who the **** knows. I wouldn't be shocked if X starts

@dukedevilz you hearing anything about Jonas Aidoo getting a crazy NIL offer from Chip and Joanna gaines to go to Baylor. I've heard it's a huge amount

I've heard Aidoo to Baylor is likely... along with Jeremy Roach. But, I know nothing about Chip and Joanna being involved. Hilarious/awesome if true. They certainly have a plenty of money to throw around.

• Love
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
stupid. God damn reality TV host , paying NIL $$$.

Sheesh.

It is nuts. And sad for the sport. If we're just renting players on a year-to-year basis, I think a lot of fan support will sour over time.

But, if Duke and Tennessee are losing significant players, I'd rather them go to Baylor than to Kentucky or North Carolina. So, I'll count it as a partial win.

It is nuts. And sad for the sport. If we're just renting players on a year-to-year basis, I think a lot of fan support will sour over time.

But, if Duke and Tennessee are losing significant players, I'd rather them go to Baylor than to Kentucky or North Carolina. So, I'll count it as a partial win.
NIL and portal has dissolved the game. When is the last time Duke and UK lost an entire roster to transfers---in the SAME season?

I am gonna venture out on a linb and say, ummm, well...……………...never.

The days of, "we should be pretty good next year, we return...…………….."---Are over. We got dudes like Jeremy Roach leaving Duke. That scrazy.

NIL and portal has dissolved the game. When is the last time Duke and UK lost an entire roster to transfers---in the SAME season?

I am gonna venture out on a linb and say, ummm, well...……………...never.

The days of, "we should be pretty good next year, we return...…………….."---Are over. We got dudes like Jeremy Roach leaving Duke. That scrazy.

Roach was 50/50 coming back last year. So, I certainly wasn't expecting him back this year. He's got a Duke degree. Gave us 4 solid years. He still loves Duke - and Duke will forever be grateful for his contributions.

He knows that he's not likely to make it in the NBA. I think going to Baylor is about maximizing his pay before he goes to a pro-league. I'm almost certain he's getting 7-figures to go to Baylor. It's possible this will be his highest earning he'll ever have as a player. So, good for him. I support it.

Losing a guy like Sean Stewart, though, is an absolute bummer. If he can just polish his game a bit, he can be a star.

It is when the guy in front of him cant shoot either...

I don't think some get it----Galo IS NOT a starting 2 in the B10. Cupps IS NOT a starting PG in the B10. If that is IU's starting b/c next year---I'll just say **** it...

I 110% expect Rice to start. But its Woodson. So who the **** knows. I wouldn't be shocked if X starts
I have said many times that I like Gallow off the bench turning the game on its ear. Guy can stir the drink big time.

He may start until Kanaan adjusts to what I assume will be his new role as a 2. At 2 his limitations are minimized while maximizing his catch and shoot strength.

Rice may start but don’t sleep on Gabe, he is should evolve nicely.

All this without even mentioning Newton who will have something to say about all this.

Going to be very interesting in a good way.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Zero Credibility
The future is so uncertain now you can't even project out a team's roster. But, this is as close to it as I can get for Duke's 2025-26 season.

Starters
Freshman
Transfer
Freshman
Transfer
Freshman

2nd Team
Transfer
Freshman
Freshman
Freshman
Transfer

Reactions: I am stupid
I don't mind the NIL portion, but the NCAA has to do something about the portal. The excuse has typically been if the coach can leave whenever the players should be able too. The problem is coaches(except Cal at UK) have drawbacks to them leaving(buyouts).

There has to be something to keep players from transferring every year.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
I got UNC winning this race because Pittsburg is a shit hole. Any city who's major contribution to the world is putting fries on a sandwich is not the place you want to be choosing over North Carolina.
I've never been to Pittsburg, Kansas but I can tell you that the University of Pittsburgh is not located in Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT