ADVERTISEMENT

Plans for this summer?

what exactly is the ryman? I know band of horses has a killer album "live at the ryman"

I'm assuming he means the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Small but really cool venue. I've been to several shows there. We are actually going to one this summer just for my wife, Culture Club. I am not a fan but she is so got her tickets for Mother's Day.

Reactions: Scotty00 and Hank_
Wait, what? Schooner?
176924-libbey-schooner-glass-b3_1.jpg

what exactly is the ryman? I know band of horses has a killer album "live at the ryman"

Super old auditorium/historical landmark in Nashville, original site of the Grand Ole Opry. It's a really cool, small venue, and one of the few small venues that big names will still do after they blow up, just because of the historical significance. The acoustics in the building are awesome too.

Only bad thing, they've had huge issues with scalpers and bots for years. Tickets for anything popular sell out in minutes and then end up back on stubhub at a 500% markup 30 minutes later. It's definitely worth checking out if you're in Nashville though.

Reactions: toonces11
What y'all got?

Nothing too exciting for me. No big vacations or anything.

Lots of drinking, fishing, and golf. Should spend a load of time at the lake. Probably hit a couple concerts around here and Lexington as well.
Baseball........more baseball. Then some more baseball. Loaded schedule this year. But rest assured my man-------I will find the time for some fishing. Believe that. Also, planning a trip to Utah. Was going to go last year, but shit hit the fan, i.e family issues. Hopeful to meet up with my dude Preston.

Tybee Island for a week (with the kids this time though). We'll probably go to Chattanooga for a few days without the kids. Mainly tons of golf, including more of our local amateur tournaments I think.
Love Tybee. Lived there for almost a year. My dad lived in Savannah. Moved down there to workwith him. Went to Tybee for a weekend..............never left. Love that place. Hope to get back that way soon.

Reactions: pisgah101
He’s 13 & absolutely loves the game. Travel ball can get real expensive as they get older. He started playing when he was 7 but it was mostly BPA tournaments in the state of KY. As he’s gotten older the tournaments get more advanced & farther away.
He’ll play the majority of time in either Southaven Mississippi, Westfield Indiana or East Cobb Georgia this summer. He made his high school varsity team this year, so travel won’t start till Memorial Day weekend.
GrandPark is very, very nice.

Love Tybee. Lived there for almost a year. My dad lived in Savannah. Moved down there to workwith him. Went to Tybee for a weekend..............never left. Love that place. Hope to get back that way soon.

My wife and I went for a week last year without the kids. Loved it. In the middle of the trip we also went to Savannah and stayed at a VRBO house there and spent a day and night. It was great as well. The highlight was Tybee though. It was so laid back and just amazing. We've vacationed all along the east coast and gulf and they are great but Tybee has been my favorite.

I just googled grand haven.....it looks amazing. If you aren't from that part of the country, it doesn't cross your mind there are areas like that. Ive heard of friends going to cool ass spots in wisc, mich, and minny----but it seems like a gamble for me b/c i need first hand knowledge that these places are legit. I kinda bit the bullet and went big with the St Regis in bora bora (couples retreat movie site). I got to plan the whole thing and she wont know until we get to the airport. Im pretty pumped. We are very active so I planned out a bunch of cool things to do like hike otemanu, swim with sharks and stingrays, heli ride----wanted to do sky diving but they wanted $1400 per person and they all ready bent me over the table on paying for the trip. I'd love to hear how your trip goes b/c I really want to explore the US a little more as my son gets older. I want to take him to the top 7 national parks by the time he is ten. I love camping and being outdoors and I think those were the best experiences I had growing up. Road trips and camping are a lost art..........and I'm a hypocrite b/c i just planned a super resorty honeymoon lol.

Rocky Mountain National Park better be on that list! Place is beautiful. Tons of great hikes. This will be the 2nd year in a row we’ll be there. We did 15 hikes last year. Basically the 15 shortest ones. Plan on tackling about 7 this year. They’ll be longer ones this time.

Eric Church! My favorite country artist
He has a place in Elk River up in Banner Elk where my in laws do as well. My father in law met him for the first time at the club. Had no clue who he was from his face and name took a couple minutes to ring a bell. He knew a few of his songs but not the face. It didn't dawn on him until like 60 seconds after a brief 2-3 minute exchange that it was him the first time. I had no clue either , pretty funny experience.

Golf....lots of golf!!! Actually when I’m not dispatching I have a mowing service so I’ll be mowing a lot this summer but I will play lots of golf!!! Speaking of golf I’m stoked about the Masters today!!!

Yes it is. For the proximity to my location, GrandPark & Sports Park in Elizabethtown Ky are two of the best in the United States. Both are beautiful.

I have family that helps take care of that park in Elizabethtown! Are you gonna tell me that’s your wife in your avatar?

Rocky Mountain National Park better be on that list! Place is beautiful. Tons of great hikes. This will be the 2nd year in a row we’ll be there. We did 15 hikes last year. Basically the 15 shortest ones. Plan on tackling about 7 this year. They’ll be longer ones this time.
Was just there in august. stayed in estes park in a cabin on the river. We hiked up to bear lake and one other i cant remember. it was about 10 miles total so it took awhile----but the views are amazing. Also drove fall river road which was actually really fun.

We all know we aren't lucky enough for him to be that cool.
Rather, you are lucky I'm not because you'd all already be on the banned buyer list.

Seasonal vegetables and flowers, @toonces11 . My wife has been a market gardener for 6-7 years now. She has been specializing in microgreens for a couple years. I'd post a picture of our greenhouses, but the trolls here would use them to harass me like they do w/ others' personal information.

Rather, you are lucky I'm not because you'd all already be on the banned buyer list.

Seasonal vegetables and flowers, @toonces11 . My wife has been a market gardener for 6-7 years now. She has been specializing in microgreens for a couple years. I'd post a picture of our greenhouses, but the trolls here would use them to harass me like they do w/ others' personal information.
Come on datt. Just post the damn pictures. Nobody will harass you for that. If they do, how does that make you look bad?

I love to landscape and garden. Grew 28 different varieties of peppers last year, many just to dry and use for cooking b/c they are basically colon blow. Would love to have a greenhouse someday. Micro greens are very cool----they are often featured in urban farmer mags. Last year was my first for the kaleidoscope carrots and broccoli---which turned out pretty good.

Reactions: Dattier
How do you feel about the way hail and snu harassed TheDude over pictures of his son?
I don't feel it was necessary because thedude makes his own parental decisions. But I don't think a picture of a green house is apples to apples here regardless. Let's see some pictures of the green house. I am sure it is nice.

Doesn't seem like your kinda thing , so it's a moot point.

My wife and I went for a week last year without the kids. Loved it. In the middle of the trip we also went to Savannah and stayed at a VRBO house there and spent a day and night. It was great as well. The highlight was Tybee though. It was so laid back and just amazing. We've vacationed all along the east coast and gulf and they are great but Tybee has been my favorite.

I got married in Savannah last April, at a place across from Forsyth Park. Beautiful town and area.

Was just there in august. stayed in estes park in a cabin on the river. We hiked up to bear lake and one other i cant remember. it was about 10 miles total so it took awhile----but the views are amazing. Also drove fall river road which was actually really fun.

Yup we did bear lake, nymph, dream, and emerald lake off the bear lake trailhead. I want to do the Fall River road this coming trip.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Heading to Peru and hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu with my wife, mom and daughter.

And I don't have a single picture of any of them so you boys will just have to wait for The Dude to poast again.
Sounds like a great trip for the girls!

If you need pictures of your wife, let me know.

Reactions: KisteK and UNC71-00

I got married in Savannah last April, at a place across from Forsyth Park. Beautiful town and area.

We walked around the park while there. It was a really cool and beautiful place.

You ever been out to NE on a road trip? We are renting a car in Boston and the plan is to drive around up to Montreal and back over the course of 8 days. Still looking into cabins, quaint little bed/breakfasts and camping spots for now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Boston to Portland to Montreal is the plan. Stopping in Burlington for a night as well. Anything in between those areas.

@denniden @brooky03 @Longstrangetrip @WojoRising or any other Yankee here on this site.
I've never been camping in my life and have an irrational fear of B&B's. Hope that helps.

Reactions: schoonerwest
ADVERTISEMENT